Latest news:

It could be time to Partey


By Boris Mellor
October 5 2020

Rumours are now running hot that Arsenal have gone in for Thomas Partey

Sky Sports News have reported that Arsenal have "not given up on the signing although Atletico are not accepting anything less than the £45m release clause."

With rumours that Torreirais finalising a loan move to Atletico Madrid and Matteo Guendouzi will probably make a loan move to Hertha Berlin Arteta will need a quality replacement. Also the wage bill will be freed up to allow a new signing.

Arsenal have also made Gunnersaurus extinct to losen up the wages bill further. The fact they are prepared to let the last of the invincibles go shows how serious they are.

So it could be Partey time in North London if all goes to plan. It could also be the beginning of the end for Xhaka.

 

 

View a Printer Friendly version of this Story.

Bookmark or share this story with:

It could be time to Partey (merged thread)
Discussion started by Arsenal Times , 05/10/2020 15:41
Arsenal Times
05/10/2020 15:41
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.



Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020:10:09:17:22:20 by Padre Pio.

CazOnARola
05/10/2020 15:49
Xhaka would not be starting in the PL matches even without signing Partey.
I would like to believe we would move him on in Jan and move for Auoar/other targets.

younghansolo
05/10/2020 16:00
Article syndicated on NewsNow. Great for the site.

Boston Gooner
05/10/2020 16:01
Merge 2 threads.



https://i.postimg.cc/dtJGMW0K/roastspurs.gif



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020:10:05:16:03:11 by Boston Gooner.

Boston Gooner
05/10/2020 16:05
Have always said Xhaka should never be here anyway after what happened.



https://i.postimg.cc/dtJGMW0K/roastspurs.gif

Gunnersingh1
05/10/2020 12:15
Deal looks on.

Hopefully this happens and we get another attacker in too.

Keep the kettle on it's going to be a late one!!

Boston Gooner
05/10/2020 12:33
That's the signing I wanted all along.
With the sacking of Gunnersaurus we need this.

Think there may be another signing maybe a loan or just a squad player.



https://i.postimg.cc/dtJGMW0K/roastspurs.gif



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020:10:05:12:35:25 by Boston Gooner.

Flava
05/10/2020 12:36
I can't honestly remember seeing him play but he has to be better than the chumps we've got already.

Willy
05/10/2020 12:46
Isn't the Partey release clause of 50m euros the same as what Lyon wanted for Aouar?

If we have that much payable upfront, surely we could have got Aouar for that? We were going to them with instalments and swaps, so they say.

I won't pine for Aouar if we sign Partey but the strategy seems confusing. Also the recruitment plan in general given how different the two players are

Gunnersingh1
05/10/2020 13:04
Think Arteta is trying to sort us out defensively and then he'll move to attacking areas over the next few windows.

SuperRob
05/10/2020 13:05
Quote:
Willy
Isn't the Partey release clause of 50m euros the same as what Lyon wanted for Aouar?
If we have that much payable upfront, surely we could have got Aouar for that? We were going to them with instalments and swaps, so they say.

I won't pine for Aouar if we sign Partey but the strategy seems confusing. Also the recruitment plan in general given how different the two players are

With Aouar, it was a negotiation. With Partey it isn't. I suspect they have around £80m available to spend and they know they have to spend £45m on Partey so they were trying to negotiate to get Aouar for £35m. Then once that was agreed they knew they could trigger Partey's release clause. But they couldn't get a deal for Aouar for that price, so they've chosen Partey as the first priority over Aouar. Personally, I've said all along that I don't think we could get the best out of a player like Aouar, without having a player like Partey behind him, so i do agree that if we can't get both, we should prioritise partey.

On the recruitment strategy, Partey is the replacement for Torriera, Elneny is the replacement for Guendouzi. Aouar would have been the replacement for Ozil, so I expect we'll be back in for him next summer when Ozil is no longer at the club, or in January if we can get him off the wage bill 6 months early

all speculation of course, but I refuse to believe we will make 0 marquee signings this window.

TheReMarkable
05/10/2020 13:09
Quote:
Boston Gooner
That's the signing I wanted all along.
With the sacking of Gunnersaurus we need this.

Think there may be another signing maybe a loan or just a squad player.

Signing I wanted too and yep agreed!

TheReMarkable
05/10/2020 13:11
Quote:
SuperRob
Quote:
Willy
Isn't the Partey release clause of 50m euros the same as what Lyon wanted for Aouar?
If we have that much payable upfront, surely we could have got Aouar for that? We were going to them with instalments and swaps, so they say.

I won't pine for Aouar if we sign Partey but the strategy seems confusing. Also the recruitment plan in general given how different the two players are

With Aouar, it was a negotiation. With Partey it isn't. I suspect they have around £80m available to spend and they know they have to spend £45m on Partey so they were trying to negotiate to get Aouar for £35m. Then once that was agreed they knew they could trigger Partey's release clause. But they couldn't get a deal for Aouar for that price, so they've chosen Partey as the first priority over Aouar. Personally, I've said all along that I don't think we could get the best out of a player like Aouar, without having a player like Partey behind him, so i do agree that if we can't get both, we should prioritise partey.

On the recruitment strategy, Partey is the replacement for Torriera, Elneny is the replacement for Guendouzi. Aouar would have been the replacement for Ozil, so I expect we'll be back in for him next summer when Ozil is no longer at the club, or in January if we can get him off the wage bill 6 months early

all speculation of course, but I refuse to believe we will make 0 marquee signings this window.

Maybe re back in for Auour. He could have also missed his opportunity to move like Nabil Fekir and a few others. He won’t have champs league this year. I think he was silly not to push for it

CazOnARola
05/10/2020 13:24
Quote:
SuperRob
Quote:
Willy
Isn't the Partey release clause of 50m euros the same as what Lyon wanted for Aouar?
If we have that much payable upfront, surely we could have got Aouar for that? We were going to them with instalments and swaps, so they say.

I won't pine for Aouar if we sign Partey but the strategy seems confusing. Also the recruitment plan in general given how different the two players are

With Aouar, it was a negotiation. With Partey it isn't. I suspect they have around £80m available to spend and they know they have to spend £45m on Partey so they were trying to negotiate to get Aouar for £35m. Then once that was agreed they knew they could trigger Partey's release clause. But they couldn't get a deal for Aouar for that price, so they've chosen Partey as the first priority over Aouar. Personally, I've said all along that I don't think we could get the best out of a player like Aouar, without having a player like Partey behind him, so i do agree that if we can't get both, we should prioritise partey.

On the recruitment strategy, Partey is the replacement for Torriera, Elneny is the replacement for Guendouzi. Aouar would have been the replacement for Ozil, so I expect we'll be back in for him next summer when Ozil is no longer at the club, or in January if we can get him off the wage bill 6 months early

all speculation of course, but I refuse to believe we will make 0 marquee signings this window.
This is sounds logical. I said the same thing on my Partey thread. Although Partey also not change as much without an Auoar. You beg both to get the best out of each other. But Partey can still play in the current formation, while Auoar would have to be pushed to the wings. He will certainly not agree to playing like Saka who is a play maker in possesion but a left back while defending.


If we get only Partey, it might be a blessing in disguise. Saka is absolutely capable to make that step up, it's just a question of application and time.

It looks like he will get a lot of game time in that role, so Saka may well be a completely different player in 7 months time.

Flava
05/10/2020 13:25
If PArtey allows us to play an extra attacker\midfielder then fantastic. Rewatch the first goal, who was breaking into the box for the first goal? Super Mo. Sometimes you need to get extra bodies into the box. Create a bit of confusion.

CazOnARola
05/10/2020 13:31
Quote:
Flava
If PArtey allows us to play an extra attacker\midfielder then fantastic. Rewatch the first goal, who was breaking into the box for the first goal? Super Mo. Sometimes you need to get extra bodies into the box. Create a bit of confusion.
He did that vs fulham as well. He was involved in all 3 goals. You can rewatch the match of if you want and see who is directing players to switch wings. It's easy for us to do it from our Tv sets cause we get the whole picture, but elneny was doing that all game. He has his limitations passing and shooting wise, but he has a much better football brain than most players currently at the club including xhaka and Ceballos.

CazOnARola
05/10/2020 13:58
[mobile.twitter.com]

The Ornacle saying we will activate the release clause. Now it's all about the Partey camp. I'm hoping we had the wages etc worked out already. This would be a big signing. He can start along side Ceballos. When you add Saka and willian on left in possession, that's a decent midfield.

Jonny Bravo
05/10/2020 14:07
Some good points being made about the relationship between the Partey and Aouar deals.
We knew from the start what it would require to get Partey and how such a deal would need to be paid upfront, where as Rob said, the Aouar deal was a negotiation, albeit it with one of the biggest transfer hard asses in world football.

Whether we had the cash to both deals, even with the payments for Aouar spread out, I am not so sure. Surely the inability to attract interest in and generate concrete transfer fees now for the likes of Torreira and Guendouzi, has hampered what we could have done in this window.

It may well have been the case that Aouar was Arteta's main target given our lack of creativity in the final 3rd, apparently we offered £32m plus Guendouzi, but Aulas wanted closer to €50m. Same price as we would have to pay for Partey, but it I suppose it comes down to what the Arsenal's valuation of Aouar is and how difficult it would be to get that deal done with the clock ticking.

Flava
05/10/2020 14:10
Quote:
Boston Gooner
That's the signing I wanted all along.
With the sacking of Gunnersaurus we need this.

Think there may be another signing maybe a loan or just a squad player.


This is win win for me and GS. If he's fantastic Arsenal get a superb central midfielder and if he's rubbish we get to go on and on and on and on and on and on at how we overpaid for him and how we don't rate him.

Please let this signing happen.

PS Did I mention Ollie Watkins scored a hat trick against the Champions (Sm122)

Boston Gooner
05/10/2020 14:32
Quote:
Flava
Quote:
Boston Gooner
That's the signing I wanted all along.
With the sacking of Gunnersaurus we need this.

Think there may be another signing maybe a loan or just a squad player.


This is win win for me and GS. If he's fantastic Arsenal get a superb central midfielder and if he's rubbish we get to go on and on and on and on and on and on at how we overpaid for him and how we don't rate him.

Please let this signing happen.

PS Did I mention Ollie Watkins scored a hat trick against the Champions (Sm122)

You 2 Getting nice and cosy~ ❓



https://i.postimg.cc/dtJGMW0K/roastspurs.gif

mapleleafgooner
05/10/2020 14:36
If Partey is in, I think Xhaka might be gone in Jan to help fund a Jan acquisition of Auoar.

Boston Gooner
05/10/2020 14:39
Quote:
mapleleafgooner
If Partey is in, I think Xhaka might be gone in Jan to help fund a Jan acquisition of Auoar.

If we are improving that area Xhaka would certainly struggle to get in the team.



https://i.postimg.cc/dtJGMW0K/roastspurs.gif

Willy
05/10/2020 14:40
Quote:
SuperRob
Quote:
Willy
Isn't the Partey release clause of 50m euros the same as what Lyon wanted for Aouar?
If we have that much payable upfront, surely we could have got Aouar for that? We were going to them with instalments and swaps, so they say.

I won't pine for Aouar if we sign Partey but the strategy seems confusing. Also the recruitment plan in general given how different the two players are

With Aouar, it was a negotiation. With Partey it isn't. I suspect they have around £80m available to spend and they know they have to spend £45m on Partey so they were trying to negotiate to get Aouar for £35m. Then once that was agreed they knew they could trigger Partey's release clause. But they couldn't get a deal for Aouar for that price, so they've chosen Partey as the first priority over Aouar. Personally, I've said all along that I don't think we could get the best out of a player like Aouar, without having a player like Partey behind him, so i do agree that if we can't get both, we should prioritise partey.

On the recruitment strategy, Partey is the replacement for Torriera, Elneny is the replacement for Guendouzi. Aouar would have been the replacement for Ozil, so I expect we'll be back in for him next summer when Ozil is no longer at the club, or in January if we can get him off the wage bill 6 months early

all speculation of course, but I refuse to believe we will make 0 marquee signings this window.

I hear you, but would it have hurt to get Partey in earlier if we had this money all along? Kolasinac still not confirmed so there's been no cash in since Emi left.

Caz, good point on Saka being a more willing hybrid player than Aouar would be on big wages. Giving Saka time in that position could allow him to grow into a serious player and almost a team emblem as an Academy lad. He will certainly have a better platform with Partey behind him

CazOnARola
05/10/2020 14:44
I think Partey was the top target. We were trying to get the money reduced for Auoar so that we have enough to pay Partey 's release clause.

Partey is Torreira' s /Guendouzi 's replacement, Auoar would have been ozil 's.

I think Saka and Willian can fill in along with Ceballos for the lack of creativity for another season.

Granted we won't get to see the best possibilities with this team, but Partey is a bigger long term priority.

If you signed Auoar, he would have made a bigger impact in the short term for a season because he can also play on the wings and we desperately need creativity.

But if you want to win the League you need Partey. I think there are replacements for Auoar available, but we have needed a Viera type player for more than a decade now. Saka+Willian can possibly match Auoar 's output partially.

We bought ozil when we needed a striker.. I'm glad we are smashing the 35mn we paid for xhaka to do something about a profile (tall athletic ball winner+carrier) we have neglected for a decade.

plonky
05/10/2020 15:00
Quote:
Boston Gooner
Quote:
mapleleafgooner
If Partey is in, I think Xhaka might be gone in Jan to help fund a Jan acquisition of Auoar.

If we are improving that area Xhaka would certainly struggle to get in the team.

or we could move Xhaka further forward as an AM option.

Boston Gooner
05/10/2020 15:22
Auoar should never have been our priority signing.



https://i.postimg.cc/dtJGMW0K/roastspurs.gif

CazOnARola
05/10/2020 15:40
Quote:
plonky
Quote:
Boston Gooner
Quote:
mapleleafgooner
If Partey is in, I think Xhaka might be gone in Jan to help fund a Jan acquisition of Auoar.

If we are improving that area Xhaka would certainly struggle to get in the team.

or we could move Xhaka further forward as an AM option.
He can't turn to save his life, cannot be played as an AM. But can definitely be used strategically as a Sub to get crosses from the left (he's better than both saka and Tierney when it comes to this, watch the closing stages of games he played on the left under emery) and to score goals from the edge of the area.

But can't see him starting many games and some be used to find Auoar in Jan if that is really a possibility.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020:10:05:17:52:49 by CazOnARola.

CazOnARola
05/10/2020 15:54
[youtu.be]

Granted this old but if you have patience you will get a fair idea ofhow he likes to play into feet etc and the structure needed around him.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020:10:05:16:32:41 by CazOnARola.

CazOnARola
05/10/2020 16:34
Signing Gabriel, Aubameyang and Partey are going to be game changing events for the future.

Even if we don't get the kind of results you guys expect, we will feel absolute joy watching these 3 play.

Padre Pio
05/10/2020 16:34
Guendo has gone on season long loan to HB its on @#$%&.com



"When we had to suffer the team is a lion because they suffer together." 4 July 2020 at Wolverhampton Wanderers
Arteta on his team's first away victory at a club above them in the Premiership since September 2015 at Leicester.

TheReMarkable
05/10/2020 16:58
Quote:
CazOnARola
Signing Gabriel, Aubameyang and Partey are going to be game changing events for the future.
Even if we don't get the kind of results you guys expect, we will feel absolute joy watching these 3 play.

This!

CazOnARola
05/10/2020 17:55
Quote:
Padre Pio
Guendo has gone on season long loan to HB its on @#$%&.com
Good riddance. Was a fan when he broke through cause it was refreshing to see someone with mobility over xhaka. The moment emery played him as a 10, he started trying to play final balls and holding onto the ball much more than in his first 4-5 games for us.

It was much like wilshere playing barca vs what he became one he got the nos 10 jersey.

Boston Gooner
05/10/2020 18:38
Some reports that Partey is in London.



https://i.postimg.cc/dtJGMW0K/roastspurs.gif

Padre Pio
05/10/2020 19:01
Its a fact that Arsenal have offered the fee in full so its just a matter of completing the formalities



"When we had to suffer the team is a lion because they suffer together." 4 July 2020 at Wolverhampton Wanderers
Arteta on his team's first away victory at a club above them in the Premiership since September 2015 at Leicester.

Boston Gooner
05/10/2020 19:17
Sky reporting breaking news.
Arsenal trigger release clause.

They only need a lawyer now.
Don't have to talk to Madrid at all.



https://i.postimg.cc/dtJGMW0K/roastspurs.gif

Boston Gooner
05/10/2020 19:33
ARSENAL have met Thomas Partey's £45million release clause - but reportedly did not tell Atletico Madrid of the bid.

The LaLiga side will be powerless to stop their man heading to North London if his buyout is met

All the Gunners had to do was deposit the funds with the Spanish football authorities, at which point personal terms and a medical can be finalised.

However, the club are still racing against time to complete the final details of the move.



https://i.postimg.cc/dtJGMW0K/roastspurs.gif

Boston Gooner
05/10/2020 20:00
Reports are it's a 5 year deal.
250k a week .



https://i.postimg.cc/dtJGMW0K/roastspurs.gif

weedz
05/10/2020 20:05
Oh I hope this is correct.
Partey Time.



Self sustainable is a word that rich people with short arms and deep pockets use.

Boston Gooner
05/10/2020 20:10
Quote:
weedz
Oh I hope this is correct.
Partey Time.

You just getting up Weedz ?
11 0 clock our time Deadline finishes.
Hopefully this will go through



https://i.postimg.cc/dtJGMW0K/roastspurs.gif

BootyDaddy
05/10/2020 20:24
If this was the plan, why wait until deadline day and then have to do all this rushing and faffing about?



Albert Einstein: "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Boston Gooner
05/10/2020 21:42
If this is going ahead it looks as though a deal sheet will be filled in and signed by player etc giving them another extra 2 hours to sort things.

Late night lol.



https://i.postimg.cc/dtJGMW0K/roastspurs.gif

Padre Pio
05/10/2020 22:23
ARSENAL ANNOUNCE IT's PARTEY TIME at 11:15pm



"When we had to suffer the team is a lion because they suffer together." 4 July 2020 at Wolverhampton Wanderers
Arteta on his team's first away victory at a club above them in the Premiership since September 2015 at Leicester.

TheTruthbeTold
05/10/2020 22:30
YES ! Great work Arsenal !

weedz
05/10/2020 23:54
We travel to ManCity in 2 weeks. I wonder if TP will be part of our setup for that game.



Self sustainable is a word that rich people with short arms and deep pockets use.

tigerline
06/10/2020 00:33
Quote:
CazOnARola
Signing Gabriel, Aubameyang and Partey are going to be game changing events for the future.
Even if we don't get the kind of results you guys expect, we will feel absolute joy watching these 3 play.

I would include the early signing of Saka to a long-term contract as some good business in this window.

CazOnARola
06/10/2020 05:16
Quote:
tigerline
Quote:
CazOnARola
Signing Gabriel, Aubameyang and Partey are going to be game changing events for the future.
Even if we don't get the kind of results you guys expect, we will feel absolute joy watching these 3 play.

I would include the early signing of Saka to a long-term contract as some good business in this window.
Yep mentioned that on the transfer thread.
Releasing Mkhitaryan is also 200k/w off the wages

Boston Gooner
06/10/2020 07:54
Looking at the net A/Madrid are not happy little bunnies at all with us. (Sm6)



https://i.postimg.cc/dtJGMW0K/roastspurs.gif

mapleleafgooner
06/10/2020 11:03
Hopefully we do not end up in the same financial mess as Leeds was a few years ago.......

[arsenaltruth.squarespace.com]

CazOnARola
06/10/2020 14:19
Quote:
mapleleafgooner
Hopefully we do not end up in the same financial mess as Leeds was a few years ago.......
[arsenaltruth.squarespace.com]
This is really the fear. Im surprised we haven't loaned or Sokratis at least. I don't see how their value will increase when it comes to Sokratis, Kolasinac, Mustafi, Chambers, etc

weedz
06/10/2020 19:44
I’m reading this morning that we are getting nothing from H Berlin, for the loan of Guendouzi.
It’s obvious that, although he’s got good potential, no one wants a shite temperament at their place.
He’s in danger of stuffing up his own career, over his own attitude.



Self sustainable is a word that rich people with short arms and deep pockets use.

Zainy
07/10/2020 08:25
We are getting nothing but they are paying his entire wage I presume/hope

Willy
07/10/2020 09:32
Hopefully he does well enough to attract a buyer next summer, but with a year left on his contract apparently it will be a tricky one even if his reputation is repaired. Just feel like this wasn't well managed in terms of protecting his value.

weedz
08/10/2020 18:03
GOSH!
I’m reading that SS has agreed to underwrite the Partey contract, after a phone call from MA.
Has Stans arms grown longer?



Self sustainable is a word that rich people with short arms and deep pockets use.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net
 

StreamFootball - Arsenal