By Aston
August 18 2004
Ipswich town defender Jason De Vos has said that he may continue playing despite the hairline fracture in his leg.
De Vos To continue playing?
Ipswich town defender Jason De Vos has said that he may continue playing despite the hairline fracture in his leg.
Jason has already played with the injury three times this season, which he picked up playing against Osasuna in pre-season and showed no ill effects. The fracture was only picked up when he went to hospital in Canada to have an x-ray on what he thought was a bruised bone.
De Vos has said that: “I have played three games with the injury now and if
the medical staff say it would not do any further damage then I would play
against Cardiff.
“The worst possible scenario is that I'm not allowed to play but even then I
would be out for days or weeks rather than months.
“I have not seen a ball or trained at all out here, or done anything physical
since we played against Derby. I reported that I had been in pain and just for
peace of mind asked for a scan.
“At Ipswich I didn't have an X-ray or
anything as we all thought it was just bruising in the bone, and the Canadian
physio felt the same, but we went to the hospital anyway.
“The X-ray
revealed nothing but the later, more thorough bone scan showed quite clearly
there was a hairline crack on the tibia, which is the non-weight-bearing bone
just under the knee.”.
Talk about Town on our message board.