Latest news:
Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Doom or Gloom?
Posted by: Jack of all Trades
Date: 15/12/2019 13:53
Quote:
aktrfc
So when MP said a couple of months ago, we were the envy of many clubs thanks to the very large investment from Indonesia. What has happened to that money? Not a penny has been spent on the team, nothing on the ground. When will we be a football club again and not an education centre. For me, it’s now all about making money and not the club. These are sad time yet again.

I think you are confusing making money with being self sufficient and maximizing all available money streams, revenue from football only isn't enough any more.

From memory, wasn't it stated the Indonesian money would be used to lower the overall debt, new 3G pitch at solar campus (another financial stream) and possible additional playing budget (unfortunately the investment was finalized after the transfer window closed).

If these are sad times, what may I ask were the periods before PJ took over and our fall into Non League?

No one can deny on the playing side we are struggling, on the financial side we are at least keeping our heads above water, unlike various clubs not too many miles from here.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net