Latest news:
Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Lincoln Away
Posted by: Fiftyyearsarover
Date: 15/12/2019 11:25
I pondered that very question myself this week Boredrover . The feel good factor ,pride in the team .togetherness etc has fast evaporated ,the team is full of journeymen so by nature don’t have an infinity with club or history ,it’s just a club to get them by ,when they join and have their usual picture taken with the aloft raised scarf ,they are probably thinking ,it’s not even cashmere, my Rovers contained the likes of Thomas, Brennan Higgins Nevin, Aldridge ,Steel Malkin etc .but unfortunately the demise of the reserve sides has seen the end of home bred talent ,,a while ago i was thought of and probably still thought of as Mr Negative ,then I think it was Devon Exile who suggested i had been scarred by years of let downs and he was right it’s always been the same ,promise much but fail to deliver 3 playoff finals for PL 1 beaten by Notts county for League 1 a few thousand miles loads of time and money ,been to them all ,now history repeating itself, done the hard bit , now watch it fall apart I understand since those heady days the world and football has changed ,the PL has ruined football with the foreign mercenaries and stupid money and the small clubs the heart of a lot towns and cities can sink as far as they are concerned Mp is a really good guy and doing his best but is swimming against the tide ,the truth is we got promoted to soon ,no chance to build so now we are stuck with a team who are simply not good enough ,money wasted on mediocre players ,we are going down but not to perturbed as League 2 is where we belong to rebuild ,it also gives the powers that be an insight to the fact what it takes to move upwards MP already knows, he did not get time to plan for it .the manager ? Not for me ,but time will tell

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net