Latest news:
Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Just supposin'
Posted by: Matt34
Date: 13/06/2018 00:16
Quote:
AndyMase
Why would anyone in their right mind offer mcnulty a mangers job in the football league. Possibly a national league north but nothing more . Would be a massive step back for us in my opinion

Why?

I bet some people said that about Jose Mourinho when he got his first job at a bigger club then Tranmere or Villas Boas when he got his first job with no playing experience to call upon and they did well in more demanding circumstances at bigger high stakes clubs.

Look what Karl Robinson started achieving with MK Dons in a higher league, when he was younger than McNulty is now and had no playing experience in the league at all.

I respectfully feel your comments are a tad unfair to McNulty, because you have no more way of knowing if he would be good bad or indifferent as the likes of I, as only time would tell; however weren't there a few people when Tranmere were still in league 1, putting forward the notion of backing Goodison if he had ever been given the job?

Some managers like Martin O'Neill achieve a lot starting out from modest managerial beginnings, but others do well from big managerial beginnings such as Kenny Dalgleish in his first spell at Liverpool.

Mellon is probably likely to stay, but if someone offered his position to McNulty as player manager, something Dalgleish did amicably at in tougher circumstances, at least the players would know McNulty and he would know the club and that could be a real boon, as he would not need time to settle in, he could try to hit the ground running.

However I still think Mellon will stay, so McNulty is not likely to get offered it anyway.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net