Latest news:
Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Next up: Chester (A)
Posted by: Kenny_Crons
Date: 07/04/2018 09:34
The significance of today’s game should not be lost on any of us. We could hammer one of the final nails in the coffin of Chester’s tenure as a National League club. Equally, they could deliver the coup de grace to our fading hopes of winning the title by beating us today. So a lot to play for then!

This is not a meaningless fixture and simply a procession for Rovers. They will still be sending 11 men out who will be trying to win the game. They have been unlucky in a couple of games and have only lost towards the end of matches. Chester certainly gave Wrexham a run for their money on the telly a few weeks ago, so any speculation that the Chester players have given up is just that.

Oh and it’s a derby game.

Having said that, the 2000+ of the SWA heading down the Deva Stadium/Bumpers Lane/Moss Rose/Sealand Road (delete as appropriate to your age) will be cheering on a better and more in-form group of players, so confidence should be high of achieving victory.

But the final consideration should link slightly to the club message about fan behaviour in the sense that no pleasure should be taken in the inevitable demise of Chester. All my life, Chester have been a local team at at least the fifth tier of football in our country. They have fallen out of the league, lost their ground and fought back, and fans have stuck with them. They are not a team who bring away fans in a minibus, they are not a team who have been bankrolled by a sugar daddy, and they are not a team that play the game in an aggressive Sunday League style.

So forgive me if I am not tub thumping and seeking Cestrian blood today. Hopefully we get a win but I would much prefer one of the ‘plastic’ teams to be languishing at the foot of the National League at teatime today.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net