Latest news:
Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Scott Davies
Posted by: Phil65
Date: 12/11/2017 09:37
Quote:
Kennel
Quote:
kennyspint
His keeping has given us result after result. In a long line from Mad Eric through Danny Coyne and John Achterberg IMO
Kenny, if you read my post again you will note that I said that he is a very good keeper.....I have no criticism on that count but what I am saying is that when he gets the ball his automatic response should be to see if there is an opportunity to set up a quick counter attack not pratting about for minutes on end in his box.We have two speedy forwards in Norwood and Mottly-Henry who were both darting out anticipating a quick throw all to no avail. John Achterberg was a master at the quick distribution..do you remember his throw to a young Andy Parkinson at Bolton who sprinted on to score!

+1 Kennel. Far more urgency all around yesterday, which paid dividends. The yellow cards for Davis are hard evidence for the "debate" and not a figment of anyone's imagination. In all the time I've been watching Tranmere, clinging on to slender leads, sitting back or wasting time, have not been the most productive tactic or indeed healthiest from a spectators perspective. "Attack is the best form of defense" and Dagenham created very little with this positive outlook yesterday. In the "glory days" that's what worked for us so why not now; at least it'll be entertaining if, on odd occasions it doesn't work; we certainly have the personnel now to adopt a more gung-ho style. It might be a utopian expectation, but we can all have our dreams and it's a positive outlook just in case anyone reads any negativity.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net