Latest news:
Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Match 18 Discussion: Dover Athletic (A)
Posted by: Koppette
Date: 28/10/2016 13:19
It seems like if you slug it out with Dover toe to toe they have the firepower as well as the supply lines to inflict serious damage as Forest Green found out when losing 4-3 there earlier this season (NB FGR have the second best defensive record after us and were that Dover result to be expunged from the records then they have only conceded 7 goals in 16 matches.)

A more cautious approach, a la Gary Brabin, may seem to be the way to go, and try and nick a single goal. It would not surprise me therefore if Mickey overloads the midfield, plays Cook up top on his own and we see a 0-0 played out. I'd take that.

If on the other hand Mickey plays the three man midfield with Almond playing behind a front two we could see something similar to the FGR result there with goals a plenty. Unfortunately with Norwood (and potentially Steve Jennings) missing I fear a 3-1 reverse with that system. (I can talk about multiple scenarios as this isn't the prediction league!)

Having said that if we DO take them on with a three man midfield and come out on top it would give a massive belief to players and fans alike. The one thing that could be in our favour is that it seems like their pitch is very wide. It could give Tollitt the opportunity to put in a man of the match performance laying on two and scoring one in a 3-2 victory. (There, I think that covers all bases!) smiling smiley

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net