Latest news:
Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Match 15 Discussion: Wrexham (H)
Posted by: Phil65
Date: 09/10/2016 14:46
Quote:
martyd12
He is one of the most highly thought of referees in this league and is expected to be promoted to the league list next season. I thought he had a good game! What did others think of the McNulty handball? Was it a penalty? I haven't seen it again and don't know what the TV panel thought'

Sorry might upset some and might be nit-picking but booking a Tranmere player (sorry can't remember who it was) for kicking the ball just as he blew his whistle for a free kick (clearly no time to stop this action); previously a Wrexham player had kicked the ball away well after the whistle but no booking. Not booking their centre forward for an elbow to the face which even the ref gave a free kick for and clearly indicated was an elbow. Overruling the linesman when the linesman's decision was correct, not giving the penalty when Stephenson was pulled down, lots of shirt pulling missed. I think it was deceiving as he looked the part (young and athletic, not fat, balding and past it) and tried to convey an air of authority and control in what turned out an easy game to referee anyway (no where near as competitive as I expected). I guess it shows how awful the standard is if he passes as a good referee or our expectations are low. God forbid that would have been a Tranmere player making comparable errors; he'd have been crucified. In conclusion, I guess he wasn't as dire as some we have seen so easy to see how his performance may have received credit from some.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net