Latest news:
Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Match 10 Discussion: York City (A)
Posted by: Doogie'sGhost
Date: 16/09/2016 18:35
Quote:
853OKG
As I said once before, they play like England or Liverpool or Arsenal. Lots of possession. I agree that more incisive play is necessary but unless we get a Mane-type player, this is difficult. We are in the national league. Maybe the answer is to play like other teams, not like a professional league team....
It strikes me (sorry) that we could do with an Irons or McNab.

I think we all have similar concerns but some take a 'it is all rubbish' and others take a 'needs fine tuning' approach. You never know, the suspension and injury may accidentally spawn the improvements we need.

Agree with this too. I don't think we set out to be defensive as some on here do or that we just end up hoofing the ball forward either. We mix it up and try to push forward playing through midfield where possible, just like we do counter attack when we can. It may appear that we are defensive because our defence is strong and we defend well. Plus our midfielders are very solid in their defensive duties by and large. What there is is a reluctance to gamble, to make a run or take a man on. We over-elaborate and don't take enough chances. This means our attacks appear laboured and we can't create openings. How much of this is Brabin and how much the players I can't be certain. We have looked pretty good going forward at times this season, miles better than anything I saw last year - Maidstone and Eastleigh come to mind. More composure in front of goal, gambling a bit in and around the box and a bit more speed to the movement and I think we will score enough goals. I just don't see that we are far away at all or that it is down to Brabin telling the team to play safe.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net