Latest news:
Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Match 10 Discussion: York City (A)
Posted by: Matt34
Date: 14/09/2016 21:32
Hughes' situation highlights how such challenges are giving referees the chance to make the decision, whether it's right or wrong. He was at most worth a yellow, but the York players made the most of it ganging up on the referee and the Tranmere players got a bit too involved after that as well, but at least it wasn't a slug fest as these things can sometimes become, but Hughes' reaction was unwise and he shouldn't have tried to lean into an opposition player.

The point keeps Tranmere in touch relative to the other teams and although I was pleased that Stephenson was used and hopefully will continue to be used, I'm was surprised Ethan Jones was not given a run out, as you lose Jennings to injury, bring in someone else and don't use him.

Often many managers standard practice is to loan in players when injuries occur and give them a run out straight away, so hopefully he will get a chance, as it doesn't sound great when a manager eulogises about a new charge then neglects to use them, but it was only his first week, so maybe he'll get a run out soon.

In the circumstances not a bad point, but maybe could have been 3. Still in touch with the top so I'm still relatively okay with things at this moment.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net