Latest news:
Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Match 9 Discussion: Lincoln City (H)
Posted by: Impdale
Date: 09/09/2016 09:15
Quote:
Phil65
I was hoping for Rhead to start as I don't rate him, but looks like their going for pace upfront as they see this as our Achilles heel.

Should be a good game for both sets of fans and the neutrals. Would have been a good one for BT Sport.

I was interested in the quote from Phil65 on Matt Rhead. At first glance, many wouldn't rate him. He's not exactly fast and can't turn on a sixpence but what you can't deny is that he knows where the goal is. When he's not scoring, his work in the build up to any chances is also quality. He has the strength to shield the ball and can play with his back to goal. When you have accomplished finishers in your side like Marriot and, to some degree Arnold, it can pose a real threat for the opposition. Bump into Rhead in a pub and ask him what he does for a living and you probably wouldn't believe him if he said Professional Footballer, in much the same way that someone might not believe your McNulty!

Rhead has actually scored 6 in 5 this season as he hasn't played in all the games through injury. He got 20+ last season and as of 2 days ago, was the bookies favourite to finish as National League top scorer at 4/1 odds.

He may be a doubt for Saturday due to the position of a head wound which required stitches last weekend.... Or maybe he will start, who knows! He'll be good company for McNulty and keep him occupied or, we might just stick on a few more pacy attackers and try to run a few (rather large) rings around him. Either way, it'll be a good game and there are more decent players on both teams aside from Rhead and McNulty.

As well as Rhead and Marriot, we also have Bonne on loan from Colchester. At 20 years of age, he has amassed a number of league 1 appearances and goals. He can play as an out and out striker or as a ball-to-feet target man.

Anyway, hopefully we'll have a good game and I hope we're both at the right end of the table come the end of the season. It would be good to see two proper football league clubs getting promotion at the expense of the likes of 'plastic' Forest Green' and their artificial 'silver spoon' club.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net