Latest news:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Selling players
Posted by: MattySadler
Date: 24/06/2019 17:27
Over the past two or three seasons I know myself and a number of others have become pretty indifferent to the characters in our squad. Giroud, Ramsey and Welbeck were probably the last three I "liked" but have all left. Now I have a real "meh" feeling towards our players. Aside from talent and ability there's a lack of characters and personalities.

Aubameyang is getting on and is on big wages but he's a natural finisher and guarantees goals, and you could probably build more long term around the likes of Leno, Bellerin, Torreira, Guendouzi, Lacazette, etc, but even then they're (mostly) replaceable. The rest range from the "alright" and "okay" to the offensively rubbish.

There were rumours earlier this summer of an £80 million bid for Aubameyang and a big money move for Lacazette. Similarly Bellerin and Torreira have recently been linked with moves to Atletico and AC Milan respectively. I don't expect these big money bids to come in, but given our limited finances if they did personally I think we'd have to seriously consider our position.

Are there any players left at the club who you'd be particularly bothered about us selling?

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net