Latest news:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: You people
Posted by: Simon68
Date: 14/03/2012 00:13
So it's what - 85 posts in?

And 'you people' don't get it.

Somewhere along the line I presume everyone followed or played or went to football because they enjoyed it. You may have been 5 or 15 or 50, it doesn't really matter.

You support a football team, in our case it's Arsenal. Well, I presume it is.

I've supported Arsenal since I was 7. That's 43 years of support. I get the right hump when we lose. My wife can tell whether we've won or lost just by my mood and sometimes when she hasn't even known we had a match.

Those who think I 'have not peeped over the parapet all season and then suddenly you appear because we win three games.' are talking out of their ar*ses. Surely the time to do that was when we were going from 17th to 4th which included a run of 9 wins and a draw out of 10 games? But hey, don't let the facts get in the way of your sh*te eh, hippo?

Those who for some mistaken reason think I defend Arsenal's Board at all costs and am some sort of a diehard AKB need to stop selectively reading. Just because I can accept we will lose some matches and don't have an automatic right to win trophies doesn't mean that I don't think that those in charge are exempt from criticism. But when I defend the Board it's generally on the basis of 'Thank f*ck we haven't got people in charge who put us massively in unrepayable debt/make us a laughing stock/can't organize the proverbial bunkup in a brothel/have to go hands on knees with a begging bowl/make an embarrassment of themselves/total chaos/crooks/dictators. Delete as appropriate. But it's also to do with what has been delivered by the likes of Friar and Fiszman when everyone said it was impossible and Dein wanted to rent Wembley from the FA instead. Ken Friar wasn't even a shareholder as far as I was aware and started in the Highbury postroom I think it was.

When I defend Wenger it's because of what he's done and what he's trying to do when under the financial constraints he's been under for 8 years particularly in the light of the ridiculous spending of the likes of Chelsea, ManCiteh, ManU, Sp*rs and Liverpool plus others. He could have taken the Real Madrid job at any time over the past dozen years or so, but didn't because of his love for the Club. His choice of player, choice of words at press conferences and his stubbornness sometimes annoy me, but no-ones perfect, not even you RadioFreeArsenal.

But I digress.

The plain and simple point I was making is that some of you are so busy being angry at this to do with Arsenal and that to do with Arsenal and each other (not that you can do anything about it), that you have somewhere forgotten that the lows will always outweigh the highs, and to enjoy the wins over the likes of Sp*rs, Liverpool and Milan in the space of a few days. It's wins in games like these that you should enjoy for what they are (I think Celine gets it) and put aside for a while the anger you feel at our Club and those with different views and stop the moaning and b*tching.

Besides, you should know by now I'm the only one allowed to do that.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net