Latest news:
New Page 1
Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Deano Jailed
Posted by: tumbleweedwolf
Date: 28/08/2019 21:49
I think we need to separate dislike for Saunders with the actual case itself and suspect he will get this sentence overturned. I don't obviously condone drink driving but when you consider very few people convicted of this end in jail unless there are significant aggravating circumstances, the sentence is not consistant with what others would expect to receive.

The basic premise of any fair system is to treat all individuals equally in the eyes of the law regardless of gender , sexuality , race and in this case status. The judge is quoted as saying " "In fact the opposite is true - someone in the public eye should expect a deterrent sentence when they flout the law." To give someone in the " public eye " a more severe punishment than the average lay person is not just wrong morally but legally. No one should be given a different sentence to "deter " people because they are more well known and it's a ridiculous thing for a judge to say in a court which is supposed to operate with no discrimination.

All things being said, given his time at wolves and the fact he was a BT pundit, I wont be preparing his appeal statement to the court.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net