Discussion started by Total Tranmere (IP Logged), 06 December, 2008 08:24
Total Tranmere
Total Tranmere
06 December, 2008 08:24
Tranmere Rovers v Leeds United Match Discussion

iwa
iwa
06 December, 2008 12:16
Lets just hope its a good game, and Leeds Win of course...

not to many goals about 30 to Leeds...

daniread
Dani_trfc
06 December, 2008 17:50
what a fantastic win puts us right back in there!

thought we deserved the win but wouldnt of begrudged leeds an equaliser as we didnt dominate.

Ian Goodison easily motm he was absoloutly brillaint today and kept becchio and showummni at bay all game.

Don't really know what to say but again we have played well and again it was a really entertaining football match just hope we take this on to the next game on tuesday.

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/82618647.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19368FFB0B613D6DEB07EEBA8FE963D49B05A5397277B4DC33E

John_Warrington
Barnett's Right Foot
06 December, 2008 19:02
All i can say is GET IN!!!!!!!!!!!! Stll can't believe we beat the Leeds @#$%&. Ian Moore...what a legend and what a finish grinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smiley

MARK-TRFC
MARK-TRFC
06 December, 2008 20:04
FANTASTIC!
great result
what a goal from ian
agree Goodison was immense motm
fans were great

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f217/Markisgr8/lkj.jpg

hoey
hoey
06 December, 2008 20:07
Clasa win i was there today Bas savage motm played great defenders cudnt hold him amazin goal by moore[:wor kid:]

gr8 win boys back in the play off

blakey765
blakey765
06 December, 2008 20:26
wot i have got to say was the passion was there on and off the pitch i think alot of people thought that we where starting to dye off but if we now kick on this season we hopefully have a few more fans coming back and the run continues and move on forward and out of the rot we have been in since littles 3rd season great win and a great performances all round SUPER WHITE ARMY!!!

SWA
SWA
06 December, 2008 23:34
Goodison is the best defender in the country. Unstoppable.

MESSAGES->author
TT Admin
06 December, 2008 23:51
Man of the Match was Ian Moore for me by a long way. He was tracking back, chasing loose balls and was just great all round.

I also thought Eddy Sonko had his best game in a Rovers shirt today as well on the other wing.

Savage was awful first half but after I said that to some of the lads at half-time he had a much better second half!

Danny was fantastic in goal and although Taylor had a couple of moments at left-back I thought he had a decent game with a great free kick for the first goal.

Jenno and Wilson (until his nasty looking injury) looked good in the middle too.

I would disagree when Dani says we didn't dominate, I thought we did and were worthy winners in the end.

How Leeds fans could sing 2-1 to the referee after the bullying tactics they used is beyond me!

A great result and I just hope for more of the same in the Cup on Tuesday night!

daniread
Dani_trfc
07 December, 2008 10:38
sub how can u mention moore, sonko, jenno, wilson and coyne for praise and not mention goodison. he was absoloutly brlliant we would of been battered if it where not for him.

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/82618647.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19368FFB0B613D6DEB07EEBA8FE963D49B05A5397277B4DC33E

MESSAGES->author
TT Admin
07 December, 2008 11:18
Just cos I didnt mention him it doesn't mean I didn't rate him. He is almost always good so I didn't see the need to mention it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2008 14:24 by Deadly Submarine.

Dave Brilley
Dave Brilley
07 December, 2008 14:19
I didnt think Goodison was that special. He should have been at least booked, maybe sent off for an attrocious tackle On Prutton. There number 11 had a similar tackle on Sonko Ignored too though. And Snodgrass Is a tw*t. I thought he should have been booked on at least 3 occasions.

Moore was absolutly brilliant and Sonko and Coyne were also Impressive. Right back looked ok too.

liam_trfc_06
liam_trfc_06
07 December, 2008 15:50
Alls i can say is with out Goody and Chorley who nobody is mentioning we would of been beaten.

Ian Moore man of the match to me , and what a strike.

I can see are fans getting false hope again of going up after todays win.

MESSAGES->author
TT Admin
07 December, 2008 17:31
As I said above I rate Goodison very highly and didn't see the need to mention him and the same applies to Chorley.

As for a false hope, I don't know really. We have just beaten two of the current top eight sides at home and yet lost away to Yeovil although that was with a flu bug sweeping the squad.

I think we're as good as any of the other teams in League One on our day. We just have to make sure our day comes more often than not.

liam_trfc_06
liam_trfc_06
08 December, 2008 11:33
I have changed my mind infact about 'false hope' as come to think about it we've picked up two wins and a draw against teams who at the end of the season will be competing for a play-off place.

Scunthorpe- 3 points
Leeds- 3 points
Southend- 1 point.

MESSAGES->author
TT Admin
08 December, 2008 13:23
Yeah it's looking pretty good just at the moment mate it has to be said!

Aussie_White
Jacob Burns (aka AW)
08 December, 2008 14:02
I don't mean to sound too negitive to you guys cos a win's a win, but we are dire at the moment.

Dan.

Aussie_White
Jacob Burns (aka AW)
08 December, 2008 14:05
& the ref was shite to both teams, not sure what the chanting was about, Becchio's was a foul IMO.

Dan.

Reesycer
SWS
08 December, 2008 18:08
appreciate your honest Jacob.. i personally am happy tho regardless of your form because we were infact 1 goal down and the first 20 minutes we were shocking.. 3 yards passes seemed beyond us.

fao liam where do you place the awesome result we got against yeovil amongst those results..??
lets not get carried away just yet lads.. we need a good run of wins just to break the top 6 at the mo and that first 20 minutes was dreadful football..

positives definately.. but we got get consistant or were looking at top half finish AT BEST

MESSAGES->author
TT Admin
08 December, 2008 18:32
The fact that we have beaten two top six sides much suggest we are some way to getting there though I suppose.

The Yeovil game was awful but I don't remember our squad being as depleted as that for a long time.

There are still testing times to come so let's see how we get on.

Nice to hear from you SWS! Hope you're keeping well!

Reesycer
SWS
08 December, 2008 19:02
cheers mike.. i have missed a fair few games this season due to my work sadly, so i don't like to comment on the tea, when i wasn't there as its unfair. still loving the quality of ians finish ..

MESSAGES->author
TT Admin
08 December, 2008 19:17
Just watched it on Virgin Media and it was great!

liam_trfc_06
liam_trfc_06
08 December, 2008 21:19
Quote:
fao liam where do you place the awesome result we got against yeovil amongst those results..?? lets not get carried away just yet lads.. we need a good run of wins just to break the top 6 at the mo and that first 20 minutes was dreadful football..

Dont forget we didnt have a fully fit squad v Yeovil!

If we did we may have picked up 3 points there or a point.

TRFCno1
TRFCno1
08 December, 2008 22:33
whats the music that is played before the Rockford files called?

JonesMusic
Matthew the rover
08 December, 2008 22:56
Two Tribes by Franky Goes To Hollywood?

MESSAGES->author
TT Admin
08 December, 2008 23:08
Yeah that's the one I thought of too unless there is another?

ste_TeRriFiC_92
StephenTRFC
09 December, 2008 19:02
I was thinking that, or the "altogether now" song, don't know the actual artist maybe someone else knows.

ronnie=god
The Tranmere Troll
09 December, 2008 23:14
The Farm ste, but hardly played before everygame. its frankie goes to hollywood

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net