Latest news:

Next four games
Discussion started by ptay II (IP Logged), 18 October, 2020 01:24
ptay II
ptay II
18 October, 2020 01:24
Just looking at our next four games I would say it's vital we start showing some form and I think four points from those games would be an exceptional return and just what we need to kick on.

Ok we've had a dreadful start. Jackson probably isnt the right man for the job but he hasn't exactly been backed by Palios in the transfer market. The squad is threadbare and we know now we won't mount a promotion challenge. We know we very likely won't finish in the top half if what we've seen so far is anything to go by. The fans are fed up and iFollow sales are dropping every week.

I think our aim has to be to stay in the division and many other fans I've spoken to feel the same. I'm looking at the Southend game as beng the crucial one, the one we need to win from the next four if we're to stay up. It looks like they're going to be down there with us come the end of the season so three points from that game will be a massive boost to whoever gets it and we need to make sure it's us.

The other three games are against Morecambe, Orient and Crawley, all of whom I fully expect will finish above us so one point from those three would be acceptable I think.

I also think we need to score more goals and Vaughan should be setting himself a target of 7 or 8 for the season I think and hopefully others will chip in with one or two.

We also need to be having more shots and I wonder if bringing in an attack coach could be just what we need. Jackson is too defensive minded and that Daws is stealing a wage from what I heard. It's been sugested in the past that John Aldridge might come back and help out but I think he's about 70 now so maybe someone like Wayne Aliison or Steve Yates might be better suited to help our misfiring forwards get more goals or at least having a go at goal.

Having said that, they would have to be willing to work for free probably because Palios isnt going to fork out any money for anything any time soon by the looks of it.

Embo
Embo
18 October, 2020 02:36
Some decent points mate, but i think you're resigning yourself to a season of struggle a little prematurely. If anything, i think it's an appropriate time to revisit the idea of protests outside the ground and such like. The club should have insisted on postponement of the last two games so that we could play them with a proper team out. I have no doubts that we would have won both had our key players such as Vaughan been available. On the subject of Vaughan, I think that once again your expectations are too low. He already has 5 goals and has only played in about as many matches, so I think we can be looking at a target of 30-40 for the season. He'll be very disappointed in himself if he doesn't reach that I'm sure.

One point I do agree with is that we need others chipping in, as it can't all be left to him. I'm hoping that when Hepburn-Murphy returns to the fold, he'll be able to bag a load and take some of the weight from Vaughan's shoulders. Not just strikers though, even defenders need to be getting in amongst the goals if we're to have a successful season. You mentioned Steve Yates as someone who could come in and help in a coaching role, and while I'm not sure how much use he would be to our strikers, he could certainly teach defenders/wing backs where the net is. Wayne Allison is a fair shout in terms of passing on some wisdom, although if it was up to me I'd be going for someone like Calvin Zola or Bas Savage, as the forwards we currently have are more in that mould i think.

Try not to be so downbeat with regards the next few games and the season in general though mate, because we're fully capable of beating any team in this division and I'll go as far as to say we can, nay should finish right at the top of it. For me, nothing less than maximum points from the next four games will be acceptable. Although i'd take 12.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/10/2020 02:44 by Embo.

Viking Tranmere
Crazylegs Cranebird
18 October, 2020 09:00
Vaughan has already scored 5!
There were encouraging signs yesterday, particularly with the performances of Murphy, Clarke, Spearing and - particularly - Young
Ellis has to be in that team
Lewis will be suspended unless the club (rightfully) wins the appeal.

Possible team for Orient (3-5-2):

Murphy/Davies
Ellis-Clarke-Monte
Young-Feeney-Spearing-Morris-Rides
Vaughan-Smith

TRFC is #8 on Wirral's new Viking Trail
[www.facebook.com] 👊👊

gary anderson
gary anderson
18 October, 2020 09:03
Top 10 anything above that is a good bonus .tje team is new to each other we still seem to get a awfull lot of injury and long term at that never seem to be able to put the same team out for any real run of games .we dont seem to be able to score in to many games very rare we score over 2 .hey but this is tranmere we always go the hard way but it's our club and we love it .so let's just be realistic we are a top 10 league 2 team at moment .who knows how it will all pan out .but let's just be happy we are a league club we are not in as much a mess as a lot if clubs and when this is all over the virus I mean we will still have a club a team and a ground to go back to ..some fans wont I am sorry to say .mp will make sure there will always be a tranmere rovers f.c

Groundsmansfork
Groundsmansfork
18 October, 2020 09:49
3 or 4 games in and the negativity has started. The expectation of winning every game is not on. We do our best under a good Manager, not proven but a good Manager nonetheless. Been watching Rovers for 53 years and not once have I criticised them like some people do. I want us to do well, to win the league and to play everyone off the park but I'm realistic. Once we've clicked we'll be alright this season. Some moan about the fact they've got nothing to moan about.

gary anderson
gary anderson
18 October, 2020 10:30
Totally agree with you there .some just love to have a moan about everything to do with our club .I have been a tranmere fan for 57 years 90%of the time we have been kicking around in the bottom 2 divisions. And apart from our 10 years in the championship ie the old division 2 and the disaster of our stint in the awfull nl league that's who we are .we are a well supported lower league club with what I think great supporters apart from the few moaners .we cant set our sights on the championship or the promised land of the premier. We have not got that sort of backing so we live within our means to be honest the best we can hope for in the foreseeable future is top half league one club with some good cup runs and the odd big boy scalp to dine out on .I have had some great times at prenton park and on our travels and some awfull times .but I am happy at the fact there still is a tranmere rovers and under mp long may it continue .so let's not set our sights to high except who we are and support our club not run it down

MoanerLesser
TRSince1968
18 October, 2020 10:30
Look at this to see which teams have actually had a 'dreadful start' . It will give you perspective.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

MESSAGES->author
sparky100
18 October, 2020 17:19
Quote:
Embo
Some decent points mate, but i think you're resigning yourself to a season of struggle a little prematurely. If anything, i think it's an appropriate time to revisit the idea of protests outside the ground and such like. The club should have insisted on postponement of the last two games so that we could play them with a proper team out. I have no doubts that we would have won both had our key players such as Vaughan been available. On the subject of Vaughan, I think that once again your expectations are too low. He already has 5 goals and has only played in about as many matches, so I think we can be looking at a target of 30-40 for the season. He'll be very disappointed in himself if he doesn't reach that I'm sure.

One point I do agree with is that we need others chipping in, as it can't all be left to him. I'm hoping that when Hepburn-Murphy returns to the fold, he'll be able to bag a load and take some of the weight from Vaughan's shoulders. Not just strikers though, even defenders need to be getting in amongst the goals if we're to have a successful season. You mentioned Steve Yates as someone who could come in and help in a coaching role, and while I'm not sure how much use he would be to our strikers, he could certainly teach defenders/wing backs where the net is. Wayne Allison is a fair shout in terms of passing on some wisdom, although if it was up to me I'd be going for someone like Calvin Zola or Bas Savage, as the forwards we currently have are more in that mould i think.

Try not to be so downbeat with regards the next few games and the season in general though mate, because we're fully capable of beating any team in this division and I'll go as far as to say we can, nay should finish right at the top of it. For me, nothing less than maximum points from the next four games will be acceptable. Although i'd take 12.

Embo, as far as I am aware if we had 'insisted' on having the last two games called off we where looking at the possibility of a substantial fine and the possibility of a 15 point reduction! Something which would have been a disaster on both counts. Glad we played them and perhaps now with hopefully a near full starting eleven we can kick on and grind out a few results.

Tom Bombadil
Tom Bombadil
18 October, 2020 17:29
You sir are a complete joke. Veiled detriment in everything you post. But don't worry you still get plenty of attention however mostly from people like myself who can't stop laughing at your feeble attempts.

pc1968
pc1968
18 October, 2020 20:08
A target of 4 points from 3 games including 2 at home ?

A target of 2 more goals in the next 40 games for our main striker ?

John Aldridge 70 years old ?

Steve Yates a DEFENDER teaching our forwards how to score ?

Ian Dawes “stealing” a wage ? On what grounds ?

“Threadbare” squad ? Look at the number of players we have

Not spending money ? No players signed recently despite a sharp drop in income ?

We know for sure we won’t mount a promotion challenge ......after less than 10 games ?

Really ?

bheadlad
bheadlad
18 October, 2020 22:54
Guys
This is Baldy with his two pseudonyms of Ptay and embo trying to get a rise from us posters.Especially laughable as he started the post and was the first poster to answer his own post to fuel the responses.Baldy just wants attention
I guess there is a medical term for his insecurity

Summerlander
Summerlander
19 October, 2020 00:17
Just who is this guy?? Vaughan - 30-40 goals? Hepburn-Murphy??

bheadlad
bheadlad
19 October, 2020 02:46
Again Baldy is going fishing by making statements for posters to bite.Now including players like Hepburn-Murphy who was only a player for part of last season and the other example of Vaughn scoring 7-8 goals for whole season.These examples are to incite Not to discuss.Next we will be getting a statue of Muir comments from Baldy.These are all fishing statements to lengthen the threads And hooks posters who care

Trfc4:3
Trfc4:3
20 October, 2020 21:10
The nonsense of this post is starting to make sense after a night like tonight. Up is down and down is up

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net