Latest news:

Risk of another PPG relegation
Discussion started by jonesy792 (IP Logged), 23 September, 2020 11:59
jonesy792
jonesy792
23 September, 2020 11:59
Don’t need to be a rocket scientist to see where this season could be heading.- another premature season decided on PPG. But could be earlier than last season. If we don’t start picking up points early doors, we could be going through a disastrous relegation back to non-league.

If Cambridge beat us on Saturday (highly likely), we could be in bottom two, then negative momentum sets in. Let’s hope we turn a corner ASAP.

Just a thought....

the kav
the kav
23 September, 2020 12:04
Imagine... jacko would go down as the worst football manager ever. Relegated with an average 0 ppg

jonesy792
jonesy792
23 September, 2020 12:11
It would be the Tranmere way !

SmartRover
SmartRover
23 September, 2020 12:23
Made me chuckle this thread, at least the SWA hasn’t lost its sense of humour after some of the rubbish that’s been spouted lately. A double dip is more worrying at this stage because of our form more than a PPG demotion. We could always sign another goal scorer 😂😂 Always look on the bright side of life they say !

MoanerLesser
TRSince1968
23 September, 2020 12:34
Private Frazer's SWA

coltran
coltran
23 September, 2020 12:49
The chances are that there will be no relegation this season to the NL if fans are not admitted to games before March 2021. I can see some clubs going bust during the season which means that whoever finishes 23rd and 24th has a good chance of a reprieve.

mogsysmullet
mogsysmullet
23 September, 2020 14:16
The league last season was called PPG as there was 10 games left if less than half the season has played they'll call it Null and Void instead of doing PPG like last time.

Eric01 Tranmere
Eric01 Tranmere
23 September, 2020 14:27
Quote:
the kav
Imagine... jacko would go down as the worst football manager ever. Relegated with an average 0 ppg

No. We're loads better than that. We did draw one game didn't we?

jonesy792
jonesy792
23 September, 2020 14:52
Quote:
mogsysmullet
The league last season was called PPG as there was 10 games left if less than half the season has played they'll call it Null and Void instead of doing PPG like last time.

I’m not so sure. Parry and his crew favoured PPG simply because they thought it “upheld the integrity of the competition” and all the clubs who would not get relegated under PPG (i.e the majority) would happily vote for it again

the kav
the kav
23 September, 2020 18:57
Quote:
Eric01 Tranmere
Quote:
the kav

Crikey your right! How thick am I ha

greasbyrover
greasbyrover
23 September, 2020 19:09
Quote:
the kav
Quote:
Eric01 Tranmere
Quote:
the kav

Crikey your right! How thick am I ha

Bolton currently scrapping it out, along with Oldham, Grimsby and Southend!

DevonExile
DevonExile
23 September, 2020 19:45
At least one of those could be out of business or into administration before the season is out

Uptonrover
Uptonrover
23 September, 2020 19:47
I wonder what clause they would find to let Liverpool retain the title

Bored rover
Bored rover
23 September, 2020 19:50
Not so sure there would be any pause and certainly bot a cancellation as furlough is stopping so no benefit to ceasing play. I think its more likely that if the season is to be completed behind closed doors that actually virtually every team goes into administration. Without very significant investment we couldn't complete unless a magic money tree turns up in that Desso pitch.

bedfordave
bedfordave
23 September, 2020 21:27
Quote:
Bored rover
Not so sure there would be any pause and certainly bot a cancellation as furlough is stopping so no benefit to ceasing play. I think its more likely that if the season is to be completed behind closed doors that actually virtually every team goes into administration. Without very significant investment we couldn't complete unless a magic money tree turns up in that Desso pitch.
Compete with who? I'll bet a lot of our opposition are in far worse hands than us. Government claim to get the issue according to Parry, they may wince at supporting companies that never make a profit and pay six figure salaries. Championship must be time bomb ticking very loud

Viking Tranmere
Crazylegs Cranebird
23 September, 2020 22:54
I don't think we can take any chances this year. The lesson from 2014-2015 is there for all to be seen. I'm afraid if its a hire and fire policy used by others to stay up then so be it.
Jacko knew the risk when he decided to step up and knows he has to produce.
Thus far 3 friendlies (including 2 against lowly ranked sides), 2 cup games and 2 league games - that's 7 games in total - have failed to produce a win, and have only produced 2 goals.: with dire performances.
If I was Jacko and we still didnt win on Saturday I would say to myself this is not my cup of tea and seek to return to doing what hes good at and coaching the lads.
Sorry to be negative but like many others I dont want to go through that nightmare of 6 years ago... especially with Points per Parry still at large.

TRFC is #8 on Wirral's new Viking Trail
[www.facebook.com] 👊👊

MoanerLesser
TRSince1968
24 September, 2020 08:39
For heaven's sake, we haven't even seen all the new players play in the team together yet. The players did look short of puff but fitness will come. A certain Man U manager (Taggart? lol) had a very bad start to his tenure.

Bored rover
Bored rover
24 September, 2020 09:40
Quote:
bedfordave
Quote:
Bored rover
Compete with who? I'll bet a lot of our opposition are in far worse hands than us. Government claim to get the issue according to Parry, they may wince at supporting companies that never make a profit and pay six figure salaries. Championship must be time bomb ticking very loud

Compete in the league, i reckon virtually the whole league will go bust if we have to carry on with no fans and BoJo has said its six months of this. Banks will start to recall loans and overdrafts before long while clubs still have at least some assets, forget the no fans thing as the trigger. And it might the reset that football needs PL will go it alone and the test if us will restart and the game will go back to its roots. Even the money nags team will go the banks won't continue to provide finance and the likes if Stale aren't going to put their own money in.

TwelfthofMay-ResurrectionDay
24 September, 2020 11:39
Quote:
Uptonrover

If they jibbed the season now and decided on PPG, PL champs would be Leicester again, with 114 pts and GD of +90, with the bluenoses 2nd, also on 114, but with a vastly inferior GD of only +72.

Thankfully, Rovers would be safe, sharing the same GD as Bolton, but comfortably ahead with an unassailable 24 pt lead.

Reassured?

Viking Tranmere
Crazylegs Cranebird
25 September, 2020 14:44
Quote:
Quote:
Uptonrover

If they jibbed the season now and decided on PPG, PL champs would be Leicester again, with 114 pts and GD of +90, with the bluenoses 2nd, also on 114, but with a vastly inferior GD of only +72.

Thankfully, Rovers would be safe, sharing the same GD as Bolton, but comfortably ahead with an unassailable 24 pt lead.

Reassured?

Lets reviews that after Saturdays game. At the 8th attempt Jacko needs to win a game.

25 September, 2020 16:13
Fair point

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net