Latest news:

Protest outside the ground
Discussion started by ptay II (IP Logged), 19 September, 2020 23:33
ptay II
ptay II
19 September, 2020 23:33
I was thinking of trying to organise a protest outside the ground over the next few days after the truly dreadful start to the season.

We were awful in the friendlies, particularly against Warrington, then we went out of both cups in the first round before the league season had even got underway. Now we've had two shots on target in two league games where we haven't scored a goal, were very lucky to get a point at Mansfield and have been turned over at home to one of the worst sides in the division in Cheltenham today. If a refund to everyone who paid to watch on ifollow isn't forthcoming then it's a total disgrace.

Add to that the off the pitch problems - the lack of communication from Palios has been appalling with no updates for as long as I can remember. Are we still taking legal action against the EFL over being relegated? You certainly wouldn't know it if we are.

Admittedly I was one of the ones calling for Jackson to get a chance but it's clear he shouldn't even be in charge of driving the team bus. And Dawes is about as much use as a one legged man in an @#$%& kicking contest.

I know these new local restrictions are in place from Monday but I might try and organise a protest in the car park or outside the Clipper for later in the week if communication from the club continues to be non-existent and if no refund, or at the very least a formal club statement issuing an apology for today, is forthcoming.

I'll post on here if I am organising a protest to let people know. I reckon we could get a couple of hundred involved and really send a message to the club that it's not good enough.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
19 September, 2020 23:41
Stop wavering and just do it.

I dare you..

bheadlad
bheadlad
19 September, 2020 23:43
Baldy
Are you for real

Uptonrover
Uptonrover
19 September, 2020 23:44
The only thing i can take from the first message is yes i am wonderingwhats going on with regards the efl and any action the club are taking. I know they said they will not be making statements every 5 minutes but we are going into October and nothing.

TimmySoft
TimmySoft
20 September, 2020 06:19
Sit down, shut up.

We are 2 games in to a season that was always going to be a weird one.

Yes we had a bad pre season, but once this side clicks in a competitive match, we will be singing the praises of everyone at the club.

We always start slow and given that we lost an excellent manager, we all need to give the squad time.

Protest? Really? Be a proper supporter and actually support your club, that means being positive rather than being a whiny little b@@ch

gary anderson
gary anderson
20 September, 2020 06:51
PROTEST about what .get a grip we have a club to support agree at the moment the team not playing great but hopefully that will change mp and no have done wonders for the club we are not in a financial mess we are not facing winding up orders and yes we maybe in league 2 but under mp there will be a tranmere rovers mp will see to that. Yes he keeps his cards close to his chest and information is not in abundance.but at the end of the day he has not done a bad job and if not for mp and no we would be in real trouble end up like bury macclesfield. And be in court like Oldham southend to name just a few .so protest outside ground you will be on your own because I think 99% of true tranmere fans know that we are well looked after and safe under mp .I for one thank him because I still got my rovers to support

Older blue
Older blue
20 September, 2020 06:59
Is. It April fools day

Rally the rovers
Rally the rovers
20 September, 2020 07:39
不不 Started at half past midnight. Obviously been on the crack pipe all evening. Nothing more than hot air, talk of a protest. From the biggest oxygen thief on here

This is @#$%&
This is sh1t
20 September, 2020 08:23
Quote:
ptay II
I was thinking of trying to organise a protest outside the ground over the next few days after the truly dreadful start to the season.
We were awful in the friendlies, particularly against Warrington, then we went out of both cups in the first round before the league season had even got underway. Now we've had two shots on target in two league games where we haven't scored a goal, were very lucky to get a point at Mansfield and have been turned over at home to one of the worst sides in the division in Cheltenham today. If a refund to everyone who paid to watch on ifollow isn't forthcoming then it's a total disgrace.

Add to that the off the pitch problems - the lack of communication from Palios has been appalling with no updates for as long as I can remember. Are we still taking legal action against the EFL over being relegated? You certainly wouldn't know it if we are.

Admittedly I was one of the ones calling for Jackson to get a chance but it's clear he shouldn't even be in charge of driving the team bus. And Dawes is about as much use as a one legged man in an @#$%& kicking contest.

I know these new local restrictions are in place from Monday but I might try and organise a protest in the car park or outside the Clipper for later in the week if communication from the club continues to be non-existent and if no refund, or at the very least a formal club statement issuing an apology for today, is forthcoming.

I'll post on here if I am organising a protest to let people know. I reckon we could get a couple of hundred involved and really send a message to the club that it's not good enough.

Please do your protest - you will see how many support your idea.

MESSAGES->author
sparky100
20 September, 2020 08:37
The most fool hardy comment for so many many reasons!

the kav
the kav
20 September, 2020 08:49
What will we get out of it? We will tie up police during a national crisis, put off potential supporters and create a barrier between players and supporters draining them of any confidence they have left after yesterday.... madness. Do some voluntary work for the club instead try building rather then destroying

Town End
Town End
20 September, 2020 09:12
不不不

MoanerLesser
TRSince1968
20 September, 2020 09:27
As much as I was annoyed by the performance, I am sure it was a wake up call to Jackson and all the team. We will see how they react and hopefully the Brabinesque 'set up to not lose' approach will be stifled . Feeney was a breath of fresh air in a stale performance. Vaughan worked his socks off . rides was also good. It just wasn't a team performance. The formation didn't work. There is a glimmer of hope.

prentonpete1
prentonpete1
20 September, 2020 10:13
I hope Paul Mullen has a field day next week and shows why he wasn't given a decent chance here.

Viking Tranmere
Crazylegs Cranebird
20 September, 2020 10:45
Far to premature about a protest.
Tend to agree though about the appointment of Dawes.
Also about the silence of Palios.
It is clear Feeney should have played since the start yesterday. Its a shame Woolery wasnt fit enough, but when we have him, CBT, Ferrier back we should be OK - if we are set up properly.
Not sure about Lewis, McDonald, O'Connor, Khan and even Spearing - they all appear far too lightweight for this division which is based on power and pace.

And as we saw yet again yesterday - can we have some-one with a long throw? Its nearly 20 years since we were treated by Aldo's "Secret Weapon" Dave Challinor.

TRFC is #8 on Wirral's new Viking Trail
[www.facebook.com]

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
20 September, 2020 11:25
Quote:
prentonpete1
I hope Paul Mullen has a field day next week and shows why he wasn't given a decent chance here.

So you've added bitter shithousery to your interminable misery. Well done you. You'll be wishing for relegation next.

Eric01 Tranmere
Eric01 Tranmere
20 September, 2020 11:57
Wasn't the second half yesterday better? Please give it at least until the end of the year before you form a considered judgement?

Uptonrover
Uptonrover
20 September, 2020 12:49
Quote:
prentonpete1

He got 33 appearances last season and 29 the year before. But wasnt given a chance. He wasnt good enough

FazakerleyRover
FazakerleyRover
20 September, 2020 14:06
Baldy,

You are an absolute k**b head.
You are a fine example to what happens when ya ma smokes crack during pregnancy

Uptonrover
Uptonrover
20 September, 2020 14:18
Quote:
Eric01 Tranmere
Wasn't the second half yesterday better? Please give it at least until the end of the year before you form a considered judgement?

No it wasnt. It just appeared to be as Cheltenham were 3-0 up and came out second half to just kill the rest of the game and not to do anything stupid. We were horrific from the first minute until the last. To start with we have 3 massive CBs and any set piece into the box should be easily cleared. Theres a spare defender for Gods sake. Its a disgrace yesterdays game and they should all be in for double training sessions. I hope they have the usual day after the match day off cancelled. Havent seen one of them make any apologies on social media. There all over it when they win, shouldnt be hiding when they lose

Embo
Embo
20 September, 2020 15:39
I would give it a few more games mate but understand your frustrations. If you do end up organising anything, let us all know as you say and i'll see if i can make it down. Also if you need any banners making up, was thinking they could read something like 'Thanks for everything Jacko but it's time to go back to being assistant or go away sorry, you're a good guy but ultimately not cut out for football management' and maybe one politely asking Palios for more communication about various affairs.

Hopefully it won't come to that but we mustn't hang around if things continue as they are. Who would we want to replace Jackson though? Surely it would have to be someone with plenty of experience as we can't afford to keep giving rookies a go if our ambition is instant promotion. The likes of Sammy Mcilroy and Mike Newell spring to mind for me. Wouldn't be surprised if Palios has already spoken to them.

Muir the merrier
Muir the merrier
20 September, 2020 17:06
I actually find the title of this thread very insulting to both the owners and genuine supporters of the club.

We're all disappointed with the start so far but football is so unpredictable we're just as likely to win the next 3 as lose them.
Yesterday's X-rated display may just be the catalyst we need to finally inject some desire and motivation into our game.
If a 3-0 home pasteing doesn't do it then nothing will.

MoanerLesser
TRSince1968
20 September, 2020 17:30
Quote:
Embo
I would give it a few more games mate but understand your frustrations. If you do end up organising anything, let us all know as you say and i'll see if i can make it down. Also if you need any banners making up, was thinking they could read something like 'Thanks for everything Jacko but it's time to go back to being assistant or go away sorry, you're a good guy but ultimately not cut out for football management' and maybe one politely asking Palio
s for more communication about various affairs.

Hopefully it won't come to that but we mustn't hang around if things continue as they are. Who would we want to replace Jackson though? Surely it would have to be someone with plenty of experience as we can't afford to keep giving rookies a go if our ambition is instant promotion. The likes of Sammy Mcilroy and Mike Newell spring to mind for me. Wouldn't be surprised if Palios has already spoken to them.

Thanks for the laugh. I needed cheering up.

Durban Super White
Durban Super White
20 September, 2020 18:02
Just totally pathetic. If you want to protest, go and support Macclesfield or Southend. They are swirling in the toilet bowl and need your protesting skills.

philwort
philwort
20 September, 2020 18:55
As Del Boy would say 'Don't be a plonker '

jim rockford
jim rockford
20 September, 2020 22:06
This guy (presume he is male)loves winding you all up just ignore him i doubt if he supports Tranmere but he certainly gets catches when he posts his stuff on here i will repeat myself IGNORE HIM.

WirralWonders
WirralWonders
20 September, 2020 22:39
A new low, Baldy.

Viking Tranmere
Crazylegs Cranebird
21 September, 2020 12:18
If we lose on Saturday we could be in the bottom two, the conciliatory mood - including my own and many others - may change then.
It was worse than dreadful on Saturday. We have been played off the park in all games so far, including Warrington.

[www.facebook.com]

MoanerLesser
TRSince1968
21 September, 2020 12:42
And if Tranmere don't lose?

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
21 September, 2020 13:16
Good job we didn't have Internet forums when Kingy's side were bottom of Division 4 at the end of October in his first season back.

https://d39dwei46hk6jd.cloudfront.net/original/3X/7/0/709e10500b5f60355fa3bd1a46b8666ea7c20e55.jpeg

FazakerleyRover
FazakerleyRover
21 September, 2020 13:24
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
Good job we didn't have Internet forums when Kingy's side were bottom of Division 4 at the end of October in his first season back.
https://d39dwei46hk6jd.cloudfront.net/original/3X/7/0/709e10500b5f60355fa3bd1a46b8666ea7c20e55.jpeg

Viking Tranmere
Crazylegs Cranebird
21 September, 2020 18:40
Quote:
TRSince1968
And if Tranmere don't lose?

and we play well then the alarm bells will be turned off

MESSAGES->author
Matt34
21 September, 2020 18:53
Wins are wins. Should there be alarm bells if it's 1-0 or 2-1, as opposed to 6-0?

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

DevonExile
DevonExile
22 September, 2020 15:57
I am not as sanguine as some about our current performances but it is absolute nonsense for anyone to suggest that by protest or otherwise we ,as supporters tell the chairman how to run the club. If he followed the advice of posters we would have been bankrupt a long time ago. We are all entitled to an opinion but it is contemporary malaise that all too often having an opinion is the same as being expert
I am as ready as any to criticise our performances on the pitch but being a critic is easy, whilst finding solutions is well outside the capacity of supporters. Foolhardy protests run the risk that a dedicated Chair decides to throw it in and then we would be in a mess.
If those considering protest are serious about wanting the best for the club then please think again . The vast majority of supporters surely would want nothing to do with such ill considered action

coltran
coltran
22 September, 2020 16:05
Quote:
DevonExile
I am not as sanguine as some about our current performances but it is absolute nonsense for anyone to suggest that by protest or otherwise we ,as supporters tell the chairman how to run the club. If he followed the advice of posters we would have been bankrupt a long time ago. We are all entitled to an opinion but it is contemporary malaise that all too often having an opinion is the same as being expert
I am as ready as any to criticise our performances on the pitch but being a critic is easy, whilst finding solutions is well outside the capacity of supporters. Foolhardy protests run the risk that a dedicated Chair decides to throw it in and then we would be in a mess.
If those considering protest are serious about wanting the best for the club then please think again . The vast majority of supporters surely would want nothing to do with such ill considered action
Fully agree with you Devon Exile. The club have more than enough to contend with without protest action by a few small-minded individuals that will achieve nothing.

Eric01 Tranmere
Eric01 Tranmere
22 September, 2020 16:24
Didn't some people suggest that MM ought to be sacked after his first 5 minutes in the job?

ming05
ming05
22 September, 2020 17:24
Think some post to get a rise out of people, its probably best to ignore these posts.
A protest would never happen after 2 games .
At least we are doing better than Bolton.

coltran
coltran
22 September, 2020 17:50
Quote:
Eric01 Tranmere
Didn't some people suggest that MM ought to be sacked after his first 5 minutes in the job?

There were a number of posts on this forum suggesting that MM should be sacked. I wonder what those people now think after we achieved a double promotion under his leadership? Perhaps they would like to reply. I find it hard at times how so-called fans can be so critical and disrespectful to the club, management and owners.

jonesy792
jonesy792
22 September, 2020 19:01
Quote:
coltran
Quote:
Eric01 Tranmere

There were a number of posts on this forum suggesting that MM should be sacked. I wonder what those people now think after we achieved a double promotion under his leadership? Perhaps they would like to reply. I find it hard at times how so-called fans can be so critical and disrespectful to the club, management and owners.

I remember after the Maidenhead away defeat many on here were calling for MMs head. I recall going against the popular tide of opinion in setting up a thread along the lines stick with MM.

DevonExile
DevonExile
22 September, 2020 21:22
So many clubs facing the threat of collapsing and we must count in that number., chairmen face worries that make what is happening on the pitch something of a side show. Palios has invested not just funds but time and commitment to the club. It is facille that that anyone can be suggesting protest at such a time.
One can only feel pity for those of such shallowness

greasbyrover
greasbyrover
23 September, 2020 02:46
I think people are totally overreacting to this. The opening post was clearly not serious, just a wind up to get people's backs up......and it appears to have worked! Did anyone really think that some type of revolution was about to start at The Clipper? I can't believe that it has attracted so much debate. Those who have treated this seriously are way more misguided than the original poster!!

Viking Tranmere
Crazylegs Cranebird
24 September, 2020 06:37
Jackos record thus far is not good.
7 games: no wins, 2 goals, dire football, outplayed by every team (including Warrington).
We need to learn from 2014-2015. With points per parry we have to stay out the bottom two at all times. Lets see where we are on Saturday at 5pm.
His best contribution for us maybe as a coach, not as #1. Cook, McGreal or Cowley maybe a safer bet, lets see.

[www.facebook.com]

MoanerLesser
TRSince1968
24 September, 2020 08:34
Far too early to judge. Even King had a bad spell at the beginning

BaldyBaldy
BaldyBaldy
24 September, 2020 09:42
I think this protest makes sense! We all saw what happened to Leeds United and Bradford due to bad ownership. Look at Glenn David Tamplin he Is someone we need to take this club forward and beyond. He is doing wonders at Romford and did a great job at Billericay Town. We need to stick by this club and ask for change at all levels.

I reckon Tiger from Oxford United has connections in Thailand and can get people interested in buying this club.

Eric01 Tranmere
Eric01 Tranmere
24 September, 2020 09:50
Quote:
BaldyBaldy
I think this protest makes sense! We all saw what happened to Leeds United and Bradford due to bad ownership. Look at Glenn David Tamplin he Is someone we need to take this club forward and beyond. He is doing wonders at Romford and did a great job at Billericay Town. We need to stick by this club and ask for change at all levels.
I reckon Tiger from Oxford United has connections in Thailand and can get people interested in buying this club.

No. Stability counts for a lot. I think we ought to stick with proven people who have a record of success

BaldyBaldy
BaldyBaldy
24 September, 2020 17:11
What the plan to take Super Eric Number 2?

MESSAGES->author
acc928
25 September, 2020 03:57
Quote:
greasbyrover
I think people are totally overreacting to this. The opening post was clearly not serious, just a wind up to get people's backs up......and it appears to have worked! Did anyone really think that some type of revolution was about to start at The Clipper? I can't believe that it has attracted so much debate. Those who have treated this seriously are way more misguided than the original poster!!
+1

EgoEgoEgo
EgoEgoEgo
25 September, 2020 11:47
Quote:
BaldyBaldy

So youre saying we have bad ownership? Unbelievable! I wont be any ruder.

ming05
ming05
25 September, 2020 13:59
I've made a banner for the protest, 'FRANK WORTHINGTON OUT OUT OUT' Sack the board Corfe out

This is @#$%&
This is sh1t
25 September, 2020 18:26
Quote:
Crazylegs Cranebird
7 games: no wins, 2 goals, dire football, outplayed by every team (including Warrington).
We need to learn from 2014-2015. With points per parry we have to stay out the bottom two at all times. Lets see where we are on Saturday at 5pm.
His best contribution for us maybe as a coach, not as #1. Cook, McGreal or Cowley maybe a safer bet, lets see.

Hey crazylegs - theres no way points per game will be used if a handful of games have been played - season would be void .
I dont know the rules but I imagine there will be a minimal % of games have to be played to go to ppg

ADD
ADD
26 September, 2020 05:44
Agreed would need to go at least past half way - but despite that we should be challenging for promotion this season irrespective.
Can't afford to drop much further behind even at this early stage. If Jacko plays one up front again, plays hoofball and we lose there may actually be a danger that the protest outside the ground breaches the Rule of Sixwinking smiley

MoanerLesser
TRSince1968
27 September, 2020 09:43
Quote:
ADD
Agreed would need to go at least past half way - but despite that we should be challenging for promotion this season irrespective.
Can't afford to drop much further behind even at this early stage. If Jacko plays one up front again, plays hoofball and we lose there may actually be a danger that the protest outside the ground breaches the Rule of Sixwinking smiley

Re-view the Cambridge game.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34
27 September, 2020 16:55
Quote:
ming05
Corfe out

If you want to get rid a troublesome Corfe, try Covonia or Benilyn and if any kids find such measures a bit strong, Robitussin might help (Sm100).

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Trfc4:3
Trfc4:3
27 October, 2020 20:46
I wonder if youd have more takers for this tonight Ptay

Shaumbra
Shaumbra
28 October, 2020 11:51
Quote:
This is @#$%&
Quote:
Crazylegs Cranebird

Hey crazylegs - theres no way points per game will be used if a handful of games have been played - season would be void .
I dont know the rules but I imagine there will be a minimal % of games have to be played to go to ppg

no there wont be PPG yet......parry is already working out the numbers and waiting for us to be in a position to be relegated then he will use it (Sm100)
you have been warned (Sm151)(Sm143)

Physical reality is actually a mirror: Your physical reality is just a reflection of what you most strongly believe to be true. And like a mirror, physical reality will not change unless you change first

gary anderson
gary anderson
28 October, 2020 22:43
Parry will find a way to punish us the odious little creep will hover over us until he can swoop down and use some efl make it up as you go along rule to punish us .why are we so hated by these assholes

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net