Latest news:

Fans back in ground
Discussion started by aktrfc (IP Logged), 19 September, 2020 22:26
aktrfc
aktrfc
19 September, 2020 22:26
Why would we look to be part of the pilot scheme to have a 1000 fans in the ground. Am I missing something, but the 1000 would be season ticket holder who have already paid anyway. Extra expense for staffing the game. No beer or snack bar money. What’s to gain from being involved in this, it’s only going to cost.. I’m a real believer in getting everyone safe before even try to get fans back in.

greasbyrover
greasbyrover
19 September, 2020 23:28
Well, at some point the world has to get back on its feet and football clubs need to start putting measures in place to allow fans back in as safe a way as possible. It will never be completely safe as the virus will be with us for quite some time, maybe forever. Even when, if, the vaccine arrives the virus will be around, in the same way as flu is still around. The questions posed by the arrival of Covid are extremely complex, but the solution is NOT a series of lock downs. The "least worst" answer is for the elderly and vulnerable to shield as best they can and for everyone else to return to normal behaviour. Lock downs don't really achieve anything, they merely delay the day when we eventually face up to the fact that we will have to learn to adapt and to live with the virus.

EgoEgoEgo
EgoEgoEgo
20 September, 2020 09:54
Quote:
greasbyrover
The "least worst" answer is for the elderly and vulnerable to shield as best they can and for everyone else to return to normal behaviour. Lock downs don't really achieve anything, they merely delay the day when we eventually face up to the fact that we will have to learn to adapt and to live with the virus.

As a 73 year old I could not agree more! It’s the only way forward, life is for living and the fit and healthy should get out and live it. For the rest of us, we can choose to shield or take our chances - take personal responsibility for ourselves and others.

prentonpete1
prentonpete1
20 September, 2020 10:23
I agree we need the fans back we can then give them stick for all the@#$%&there dishing out.
These players are better than this the manager does not seem to be able to motivate them bring the Cowley brothers here and kick some @#$%&.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
20 September, 2020 11:22
Quote:
prentonpete1
I agree we need the fans back we can then give them stick for all the@#$%&there dishing out.
These players are better than this the manager does not seem to be able to motivate them bring the Cowley brothers here and kick some @#$%&.
You seriously think the Cowleys will consider L2?

Eric01 Tranmere
Eric01 Tranmere
20 September, 2020 12:01
Do the clubs receive any kind of subsidy from the EFL for taking part in the trials? Would it not make sense for their costs to be covered?

Bored rover
Bored rover
20 September, 2020 16:33
Quote:
greasbyrover
. The "least worst" answer is for the elderly and vulnerable to shield as best they can and for everyone else to return to normal behaviour.

Thanks very much Im a shielder I should just stay at home should I so you can crack on. The least worst option is just do as the government are asking social distance, wear a mask and wash your hands until there is a vaccine, a suitable treatment plan with sufficient funding and equipment for the health service. Not carry on regardless as most are with a bo!!ocks to everyone else attitude.

gary anderson
gary anderson
20 September, 2020 16:43
There ain't a vaccine there will be no fans allowed in grounds for the foreseeable future some will do what bafoon boris tells them some wont .so let's just curl up and die shall we lol lol

greasbyrover
greasbyrover
20 September, 2020 16:53
Quote:
Bored rover
Quote:
greasbyrover
. The "least worst" answer is for the elderly and vulnerable to shield as best they can and for everyone else to return to normal behaviour.

Thanks very much Im a shielder I should just stay at home should I so you can crack on. The least worst option is just do as the government are asking social distance, wear a mask and wash your hands until there is a vaccine, a suitable treatment plan with sufficient funding and equipment for the health service. Not carry on regardless as most are with a bo!!ocks to everyone else attitude.

I'm not "cracking on" at all. I'm in my late 50s and am therefore following all the measures and being extremely careful. Personally I wouldn't go near a pub/restaurant right now or on public transport. However, we have to do what's right for the vast majority of society and allow them to go about their normal business without these ever increasing restrictions. That will hopefully bring about mass immunity which will make it safer for all in the long run. Reading between the lines, there is clearly another "full" lock down coming soon. Those who are hanging their hopes on a vaccine coming to our rescue may be in for a very long wait.

EgoEgoEgo
EgoEgoEgo
20 September, 2020 18:07
Quote:
greasbyrover
Quote:
Bored rover
Quote:
greasbyrover
. The "least worst" answer is for the elderly and vulnerable to shield as best they can and for everyone else to return to normal behaviour.

Thanks very much Im a shielder I should just stay at home should I so you can crack on. The least worst option is just do as the government are asking social distance, wear a mask and wash your hands until there is a vaccine, a suitable treatment plan with sufficient funding and equipment for the health service. Not carry on regardless as most are with a bo!!ocks to everyone else attitude.

I'm not "cracking on" at all. I'm in my late 50s and am therefore following all the measures and being extremely careful. Personally I wouldn't go near a pub/restaurant right now or on public transport. However, we have to do what's right for the vast majority of society and allow them to go about their normal business without these ever increasing restrictions. That will hopefully bring about mass immunity which will make it safer for all in the long run. Reading between the lines, there is clearly another "full" lock down coming soon. Those who are hanging their hopes on a vaccine coming to our rescue may be in for a very long wait.

Greasbyrover you are spot on. Let the young and healthy get on with their lives while those of an age and/or vulnerable should isolate. Tough, I know, but those who can should start to normalise while the rest need to accept life will be difficult for a while and that, Bored rover, is how we all play our part.

MESSAGES->author
sparky100
20 September, 2020 19:42
Quote:
Bored rover
Quote:
greasbyrover
. The "least worst" answer is for the elderly and vulnerable to shield as best they can and for everyone else to return to normal behaviour.

Thanks very much Im a shielder I should just stay at home should I so you can crack on. The least worst option is just do as the government are asking social distance, wear a mask and wash your hands until there is a vaccine, a suitable treatment plan with sufficient funding and equipment for the health service. Not carry on regardless as most are with a bo!!ocks to everyone else attitude.

I totally agree Bored Rover but I think we are fighting a losing battle with some peoples remarks and attitudes! Might as well put all us over 70s on a train and take us of on a one way journey. Didn't some bloke with a stupid moustache have an attitude like that. Lets remember its the younger generation spreading the virus at the moment not us old codgers!!

Loyden1
Loyden1
20 September, 2020 19:55
As a 68year old codger im going to enjoy going out where and when i csn (obeying boris rules which are confusing to us aged souls ).i do think the young ones dont comply with it so what next. Im off to tenerife and will watch our boys on ifollow swa

Bored rover
Bored rover
21 September, 2020 14:36
Quote:
EgoEgoEgo
Quote:
greasbyrover
Quote:
Bored rover
Quote:
greasbyrover
. The "least worst" answer is for the elderly and vulnerable to shield as best they can and for everyone else to return to normal behaviour.

Thanks very much Im a shielder I should just stay at home should I so you can crack on. The least worst option is just do as the government are asking social distance, wear a mask and wash your hands until there is a vaccine, a suitable treatment plan with sufficient funding and equipment for the health service. Not carry on regardless as most are with a bo!!ocks to everyone else attitude.

I'm not "cracking on" at all. I'm in my late 50s and am therefore following all the measures and being extremely careful. Personally I wouldn't go near a pub/restaurant right now or on public transport. However, we have to do what's right for the vast majority of society and allow them to go about their normal business without these ever increasing restrictions. That will hopefully bring about mass immunity which will make it safer for all in the long run. Reading between the lines, there is clearly another "full" lock down coming soon. Those who are hanging their hopes on a vaccine coming to our rescue may be in for a very long wait.

Greasbyrover you are spot on. Let the young and healthy get on with their lives while those of an age and/or vulnerable should isolate. Tough, I know, but those who can should start to normalise while the rest need to accept life will be difficult for a while and that, Bored rover, is how we all play our part.

Well thats fine but Im not old and to look at me not vulnerable I'm in my 30’s with a job and a mortgage so I should loose all that should I just out of some perception that young people are suffering? At what point should my finances and future be considered? Its hardly the end of the world to be sensible is it and maybe bit party all bight or keep away from each other

Brom1
Brom1
21 September, 2020 16:12
Quote:
greasbyrover
Well, at some point the world has to get back on its feet and football clubs need to start putting measures in place to allow fans back in as safe a way as possible. It will never be completely safe as the virus will be with us for quite some time, maybe forever. Even when, if, the vaccine arrives the virus will be around, in the same way as flu is still around. The questions posed by the arrival of Covid are extremely complex, but the solution is NOT a series of lock downs. The "least worst" answer is for the elderly and vulnerable to shield as best they can and for everyone else to return to normal behaviour. Lock downs don't really achieve anything, they merely delay the day when we eventually face up to the fact that we will have to learn to adapt and to live with the virus.

+1 (aged 68)

EgoEgoEgo
EgoEgoEgo
21 September, 2020 19:08
Tough, I know, but those who can should start to normalise while the rest need to accept life will be difficult for a while and that, Bored rover, is how we all play our part.[/quote]

Well thats fine but Im not old and to look at me not vulnerable I'm in my 30’s with a job and a mortgage so I should loose all that should I just out of some perception that young people are suffering? At what point should my finances and future be considered? Its hardly the end of the world to be sensible is it and maybe bit party all bight or keep away from each other[/quote]

Greasbyrover, I think we’re on the same page. Being considerate and sensible is part of the way forward. And I know it’s easy for me, as someone on a pension, to say some of those things but I do appreciate for the vast majority with bills and mortgages and families to support it must be a tough and worrying time.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34
21 September, 2020 19:18
Quote:
sparky100
Lets remember its the younger generation spreading the virus at the moment not us old codgers!!

Sadly that is not always true. I have seen older people not wearing a mask properly on a bus and even when there is plenty of space to socially distance, one or two sit directly behind someone else, because none of the 6 rows of empty seating behind are good enough.

Most older people do the right thing(s), but one or two display lack of judgement.



Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net