Latest news:

EFL Pilots 1000 Attendances.
Discussion started by pez (IP Logged), 15 September, 2020 17:00
pez
pez
15 September, 2020 17:00
Just seen via Twitter.

Pilot matches to be held with 1000 supporters max.

The issue is, how do they decide which 1000 lucky supporters get admission when there's 4000+ season ticket holders?

Some kind of lottery perhaps?

martyd12
martyd12
15 September, 2020 17:08
Just as important is the question of which clubs and why! Presumably with COVID rates rising on Wirral one of the clubs will not be Rovers!

This is @#$%&
This is sh1t
15 September, 2020 18:24
Quote:
pez
Just seen via Twitter.
Pilot matches to be held with 1000 supporters max.

The issue is, how do they decide which 1000 lucky supporters get admission when there's 4000+ season ticket holders?

Some kind of lottery perhaps?

In Holland games have already spectators, I believe at Feyernood ( colleague has a season ticket there ) that it’s rotated between the season ticket holders meaning he can attend 1 in 3 games .

I guess a rotation policy would have to apply

gary anderson
gary anderson
15 September, 2020 18:25
Cant see it ever happening .we just got to face up to it we wont be going to any grounds football till new year at the earliest.

greasbyrover
greasbyrover
15 September, 2020 18:27
Peterborough and Norwich are at home on Saturday, both look to be in safe areas. I can't see any other obvious ones.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/09/2020 18:30 by greasbyrover.

Brenk
Brenk
15 September, 2020 23:40
Same old ineptitude from the EFL. According to the club statement, they received notification of the option to apply to be considered at 11.22 am with a requirement to submit a plan by 2 pm.

You have to wonder which one of the board of the EFL was today’s lucky recipient of the single brain cell they have to share.

aktrfc
aktrfc
16 September, 2020 06:18
Sorry but for me, when key worker and people with symptoms can’t get tested, then we should not be opening the grounds in the near future. The whole thing is on the rise again and at the end of the day, we can still get to watch rovers from a safe distance online. I don’t think I’d even go into the ground at this time if allowed. Let’s get the country sorted and safe before we look at returning, no matter how long it takes.

Loyden1
Loyden1
16 September, 2020 08:35
Quote:
Brenk
Same old ineptitude from the EFL. According to the club statement, they received notification of the option to apply to be considered at 11.22 am with a requirement to submit a plan by 2 pm.
You have to wonder which one of the board of the EFL was today’s lucky recipient of the single brain cell they have to share.
it beggars belief what a shamblesthat lot are. Be interesting to see what clubs could possibly comply at short notice unless tipped off ist !and maybe we were just a "oh @#$%& forgot about tranmere send off a quick email"

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
16 September, 2020 10:17
To be fair all EFL clubs will have been working on their covid action plans for quite a while now, and many may have already completed them. This isn't something they've just been given 2 hours to do.

It'll be interesting to see how many EFL clubs do host a pilot this weekend and how it all goes. Non league (below VNL) has been admitting spectators for a few weeks now, with limits of a few hundred. So far so good, but although the clubs have put covid-secure measures in place, the main difficulty seems to be a minority of fans at many clubs not keeping to social distancing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/09/2020 10:26 by Aldo'smuzzy.

Bored rover
Bored rover
16 September, 2020 10:18
Quote:
Loyden1
Quote:
Brenk
it beggars belief what a shamblesthat lot are. Be interesting to see what clubs could possibly comply at short notice unless tipped off ist !and maybe we were just a "oh @#$%& forgot about tranmere send off a quick email"

The club isn't in a position to open the gates anyway as there is no plannsigned off by the SAG,

MESSAGES->author
sparky100
16 September, 2020 10:21
Quote:
aktrfc
Sorry but for me, when key worker and people with symptoms can’t get tested, then we should not be opening the grounds in the near future. The whole thing is on the rise again and at the end of the day, we can still get to watch rovers from a safe distance online. I don’t think I’d even go into the ground at this time if allowed. Let’s get the country sorted and safe before we look at returning, no matter how long it takes.

Totally agree aktrfc.

Bored rover
Bored rover
17 September, 2020 22:42
Plans now shelved by government until November at the earliest.

greasbyrover
greasbyrover
17 September, 2020 23:24
At some point the penny will drop and the government will realise that you can't eliminate a virus. Now, we could wait for a vaccine (which may take a couple of years, or never materialise at all), but the more realistic option is that we will have to adapt and learn to live with Covid. All lockdowns achieve is to prolong the length of the crisis. The number of deaths will likely be the same, lock downs or not, they will just occur over a longer period. Not to mention the (non-Covid) deaths that will inevitably happen because we are concentrating on the virus.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
17 September, 2020 23:39
Quote:
Bored rover
Plans now shelved by government until November at the earliest.

Where have they announced that?

Meanwhile, seven pilot games with crowds in the EFL this weekend:

Championship
Norwich City v Preston North End
Middlesbrough v AFC Bournemouth

League One
Charlton Athletic v Doncaster Rovers
Blackpool v Swindon Town
Shrewsbury Town v Northampton Town

League Two
Forest Green Rovers v Bradford City
Carlisle United v Southend United

kennyspint
kennyspint
17 September, 2020 23:56
Should be really good spacing at FGR smiling smiley

bheadlad
bheadlad
17 September, 2020 23:59
Will need 500 Bradford fans to make up the numbers possibly
Do away teams get any tickets

Viking Tranmere
Crazylegs Cranebird
18 September, 2020 10:19
Of course its Carlisle, their Chairman is one of the b******* on the EFL management committtee.
I see the b******** from Shrewsbury are on there too.
I'm surprised Burton arent on the list, they must be playing away.
Cronyism yet again.

TRFC is #8 on Wirral's new Viking Trail
[www.facebook.com] 👊👊

MESSAGES->author
Phil65
19 September, 2020 00:12
Forest Green fans comments:
"EFL have only chosen professionally run clubs"
"It shows how respected FGR are by the EFL"
What's not to love about them?
Hope their 400 season ticket holders have a blast.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net