Latest news:

Ex player thread
Discussion started by Moretonwhite (IP Logged), 13 August, 2020 20:20
Moretonwhite
Moretonwhite
13 August, 2020 20:20
Just a thread really to see the movements of our old players as we love an ex player.

Richie Sutton to Altrincham on a 2yr deal. Good move for him. Any old else feel free to add

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
13 August, 2020 21:28
Ben Pringle to Morecambe last week.

Lee Vaughan from Solihull to Telford and Adam Mekki from Bromley to Ebbsfleet this summer.

Prenton Pirate
Prenton Pirate
13 August, 2020 22:40
Ben Tollitt was offered a new deal by Macclesfield.
Bailey Thompson signed for Tadcaster Albion.

Uptonrover
Uptonrover
14 August, 2020 08:10
Owan fon williams signed for Dunfermline

Marlow!'s foot
Marlow!'s foot
14 August, 2020 08:29
Graham Branch, Tranmere- Burnley - Stockport, to coaching my granddaughter.

Man in the Midlands
Man in the Midlands
14 August, 2020 10:21
Peter Gulacsi a goalkeeper we had on loan a few years back from Liverpool, now with RB Leipzig finds himself in the Champions league semi final, where they will face Paris St Germain.

trolley_thief
trolley_thief
14 August, 2020 16:06
Pub quiz question: Peter Gulacsi is the second former Tranmere Rovers keeper to appear in a Champions League semi final, who was the first?

Bored rover
Bored rover
14 August, 2020 16:10
Quote:
trolley_thief
Pub quiz question: Peter Gulacsi is the second former Tranmere Rovers keeper to appear in a Champions League semi final, who was the first?

Joe Hart?

Uptonrover
Uptonrover
14 August, 2020 18:05

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 14/08/2020 20:48 by Uptonrover.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34
14 August, 2020 21:07
Neither of those were keepers.

Probably Hart.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Prenton Pirate
Prenton Pirate
15 August, 2020 05:58
City have never got to a Champions League semi, so won't be Hart. He did play in Italy tho. So on second thought maybe. Tommy Lawrence or Gordon West.

77leaguecupsemi
77leaguecupsemi
15 August, 2020 11:24
Thomas Mhyre perhaps but doesn’t mention on Wiki

He played for Galataserey and FC Copenhagen

Please tell us the answer

Uptonrover
Uptonrover
15 August, 2020 12:20
Maybe Paul Rachubka when he was at Utd?

bedfordave
bedfordave
15 August, 2020 12:53
Quote:
77leaguecupsemi
Thomas Mhyre perhaps but doesn’t mention on Wiki
He played for Galataserey and FC Copenhagen

Please tell us the answer

Tommy Lawrence had the ball kicked out of his hands and the goal stood. I think an indirect was allowed as well. They got robbed in the Cup semi-final circa 65, not champions. Oft forgotten part of their victims theory, although I think they were stitched up then!!

Brenk
Brenk
15 August, 2020 16:41
I see we have two exes in action against each other today. Carl Tremarco 2003-2008 is playing for Ross County against Micky Mellon’s Dundee United!

MESSAGES->author
Matt34
15 August, 2020 19:24
Quote:
bedfordave
Tommy Lawrence had the ball kicked out of his hands and the goal stood. I think an indirect was allowed as well. They got robbed in the Cup semi-final circa 65, not champions. Oft forgotten part of their victims theory, although I think they were stitched up then!!

I might be remembering this wrongly, but I think that referree got investigated and it was discovered he had some nice new goods in his house and more money than a ref could earn and was discovered to be throwing several results for immoral gain. I think he may have even been jailed on corruption and bribery charges.

Prenton Pirate
Prenton Pirate
15 August, 2020 21:05
Who beat them? Always like to hear about them getting beat.

Loyden1
Loyden1
17 August, 2020 10:43
Just read about marvin park who we had as a scholar. He is a big star for real madrid youth who beat juventus yesterday in a euro cup game.

Rally the rovers
Rally the rovers
18 August, 2020 08:47
Alan Mahon, Manchester City women’s head coach 😶

jim rockford
jim rockford
18 August, 2020 23:12
Quote:
Rally the rovers
Alan Mahon, Manchester City women’s head coach 😶
He is actually assistant head coach having spent part of last season as caretaker head coach the new head coach is another former Rovers player Gareth Taylor.

the kav
the kav
20 August, 2020 17:44
McNulty has signed for witton Albion

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades
21 August, 2020 13:37
Macca reinventing himself @26 years of age!!!!!!!

Only stating what the article said

pez
pez
23 August, 2020 12:23
Was sent a retweet today suggesting that Ipswich Town are attempting to offload Tranmere favourite, James Norwood.

The tweet goes on to say the Swindon Town are very interested in signing Nors on a loan deal, however, Ipswich would prefer to sell the player outright.

Looks like the bubble has burst over in East Anglia?

If only we could afford to bring him back to Prenton Park?

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
23 August, 2020 14:06
It does sound like Norwood's at a critical moment in his career.

Lambert is quoted in the Daily Record as saying:
"I never knew about the Dundee United thing. Could Dundee United afford him anyway? I don’t think so.
James has got to show me what he can do and get back into the team and show what he did at Tranmere.
If he does that, then he’s got another chance here to go and perform the way I know he can."

Ipswich is arguably the best gig he'll ever get in his career. Sounds like it's up to him whether he wants to make a success of it.

the baldy one
the baldy one
23 August, 2020 15:15
From james norwood viewpoint - if i was him there is only one scottish manager i would want to play for and it is not the worst manager in league one - it is micky mellon. paul lambert is a legend in his own bedroom, and i am very surprised he is still manager at ipswich town. if i was a player and had a choice between ipswich town and dundee united, i would pick dundee united every time. ipswich town are a poor team, were as dundee united are looking to qualify for europe etc.

dave-p
dave-p
23 August, 2020 15:18
Salary may also play a part.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
24 August, 2020 19:22
Tollitt's signed for Fylde.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
28 August, 2020 16:32
Shamal George signed on for Colchester.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
30 August, 2020 16:07
Jonny Smith has signed for Swindon on a season long loan.

Uptonrover
Uptonrover
02 September, 2020 12:28
Josh Ginnelly has signed for Hearts on loan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2020 12:30 by Uptonrover.

pez
pez
02 September, 2020 12:50
Reported via Twitter that Tranmere has entered the race to sign James Norwood on loan from Ipswich Town.

Surely it's just rubbish as we probably couldn't afford his wages, even if we only paid 50% .

dave-p
dave-p
02 September, 2020 12:54
Isn't 50% about £4500 per week? No chance unless Ipswich just want him away and he insists he wants to come here.

Durban Super White
Durban Super White
02 September, 2020 13:13
Its a nice dream though.

Bored rover
Bored rover
02 September, 2020 13:22
Quote:
dave-p
Isn't 50% about £4500 per week? No chance unless Ipswich just want him away and he insists he wants to come here.

Saw that too, but who knows we have a much smaller squad than last season, 4 players less will probably equate to 8k saved and perhaps if ferrier is on his way that might be another 3 or 4 saved although id keep him hes good

Id like to think we can top out the 1.5mil cap in league 2

Also Lambert has publicly said he likes Nors but needs him to regain form and get fit so perhaps a 6 monther here to sharpen up which might suit lambert on perhaps a 75-25% basis

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2020 13:25 by Bored rover.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34
02 September, 2020 20:02
Norwood was rumoured to have left for around £7,000-£8000. If Tranmere could wangle a 40% loan deal, they'd be paying £2,800 - £3,200 a week. Considering the current regime sharpened up the accounts and built up sponsorship and investment, but allowing for the drop in revenue potential caused by relegation, it could be a tall order to get him back.

kennyspint
kennyspint
02 September, 2020 22:48
How good would he be without Connor?

Uptonrover
Uptonrover
03 September, 2020 07:13
Obviously stockport will want him on loan 😂

WirralHatter
WirralHatter
03 September, 2020 12:29
Quote:
Uptonrover

He’d be decent backup for us this season

MESSAGES->author
Phil65
03 September, 2020 18:53
Quote:
WirralHatter
Quote:
Uptonrover

He’d be decent backup for us this season

WirralHatter, you playing Messi up front then when he finalises his contract.

Loyden1
Loyden1
03 September, 2020 20:35
I see our assistant manager ian dawes was a teamate of ian muir at qpr years ago

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
03 September, 2020 22:14
Quote:
Loyden1
I see our assistant manager ian dawes was a teamate of ian muir at qpr years ago

It's a different Ian Dawes. Our guy's playing career was much more modest than that!

Loyden1
Loyden1
04 September, 2020 00:12
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
Quote:
Loyden1

It's a different Ian Dawes. Our guy's playing career was much more modest than that!
sorry mate seen it on twitter didnt think of another ian dawes .muiry played with the southern1

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
04 September, 2020 20:33
Luke Pilling signed for Notts County. Good opportunity for him there.

Neil Danns has taken up a role with Liverpool's academy.

DevonExile
DevonExile
05 September, 2020 12:26
Kevin Ellison has joined Newport. His longevity is remarkable

MESSAGES->author
Matt34
05 September, 2020 19:51
Just like Aaron Wilbraham and David Ayres, playing outfield football at league level in their 40's

martyd12
martyd12
07 September, 2020 20:28
James Alabi has joined Bromley!!

Aldo40
Aldo40
11 September, 2020 10:33
I see we will be facing Shamal George who has signed a 2 year contract with Colchester Utd.

mogsysmullet
mogsysmullet
11 September, 2020 15:51
Quote:
martyd12

He claimed in the Daily Mail he'd be in the premier league by now when he was with us!

MESSAGES->author
Doogie'sGhost
11 September, 2020 16:23
Quote:
mogsysmullet
Quote:
martyd12

He claimed in the Daily Mail he'd be in the premier league by now when he was with us!
Did he mean the Northern Premier League!

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
13 September, 2020 11:40
Louis Almond - remember him? - now at Ashton United. Still only 28.

martyd12
martyd12
16 September, 2020 16:43
Darren Stephenson has left Stockport to join Curzon Ashton.

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades
16 September, 2020 17:22
We thought Darren S would prosper at Rovers but, was he given a decent chance by MM?

At the time of his signing from Chorley ,a number of clubs where interested and we paid a fee I believe, not sure how much?

Uptonrover
Uptonrover
21 September, 2020 09:01
Ex academy player Marvin Park made his debut for Real Madrid yesterday!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net