Latest news:

EFL fixtures 20/21
Discussion started by Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged), 13 August, 2020 12:25
Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
13 August, 2020 12:25
To be released 9am, August 21.

I believe playing matches is now compulsory.

MESSAGES->author
Doogie'sGhost
13 August, 2020 12:29
How is playing fixtures going to be compulsory if a team gets a significant covid outbreak, or even flu? Presumably there will be exceptions which can mean teams can apply for postponements. But they won't be able to do a Bolton and just decide they can't play and get no punishment.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
13 August, 2020 12:39
Indeed. But they can't now decide not to play because it's too expensive or they just don't want to.

Uptonrover
Uptonrover
13 August, 2020 13:21
Best tell Bolton incase the kids are too tired again

Uptonrover
Uptonrover
13 August, 2020 13:23
Sorry just read DG post properly!

Uptonrover
Uptonrover
13 August, 2020 14:08
Bizarrely they still want to play the irrelevent EFL trophy? Surely saving clubs money with this waste of time, especially now, would have made sense to scrap it

greasbyrover
greasbyrover
13 August, 2020 14:34
Do we know if the intention is still to allow fans in by October? I've not seen any more news on the proposed trials since they were cancelled at Goodwood races and Crucible snooker. Surely you can't force clubs to play if they have no way of earning any income. That would be like forcing them into bankruptcy with a gun to their head!

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
13 August, 2020 14:56
The government aim is to allow fans into stadia from October 1, but it's still an aim and not a definite.

No news yet on rescheduled test events.

The FA is working separately to get non league going again in front of fans, and they're tentatively aiming to get underway in September. A proposal is currently awaiting government approval. This is a separate proposal to the one which would allow fans to watch 'elite level' football (PL, EFL and, I think, VNL) from October 1.

Grassroots football (step 7 and lower of non league) already has permission to start. Spectators at that level basically just have to remain socially distanced like they would be in, say, a park.

Uptonrover
Uptonrover
13 August, 2020 15:00
I see LFC ladies will be playing on the pitch before us with fans i believe

Viking Tranmere
Crazylegs Cranebird
13 August, 2020 15:55
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
To be released 9am, August 21.
I believe playing matches is now compulsory.

smiling smiley

TRFC is #8 on Wirral's new Viking Trail
[www.facebook.com] 👊👊

Viking Tranmere
Crazylegs Cranebird
13 August, 2020 16:04
It would make sense the season kicks off October 1st, pending the Government's decision (but then there is an idiot currently in charge of the EFL who has no sense, hopefully that wont last too long)

I myself can't wait, especially with all these promising early signs from Jacko.

There is a huge injustice to put right.

TRFC is #8 on Wirral's new Viking Trail
[www.facebook.com] 👊👊

greasbyrover
greasbyrover
13 August, 2020 17:20
There is also an idiot currently in charge of the country! He is capable of scuppering the whole thing with a knee jerk reaction to a few coughs in Birkenhead.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/08/2020 17:24 by greasbyrover.

DevonExile
DevonExile
13 August, 2020 17:30
Quote:
greasbyrover
There is also an idiot currently in charge of the country! He is capable of scuppering the whole thing with a knee jerk reaction to a few coughs in Birkenhead.
I think that you flatter him. I have met some quite harmless idiots

DevonExile
DevonExile
13 August, 2020 17:33
I hope that the EFL has the sense to avoid putting all derby and money spinning fixtures in the last two thirds of the season. Clubs will need to maximise revenue.
I am not sure that sense however is a distinguishing factor of the current EFL administration

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
13 August, 2020 17:47
Looks like the first 4 rounds of the Carabao Cup are in September, so all behind closed doors. Leaves hardly any chance of drawing a big club in front of fans. No prize money either until the later rounds. All makes it hardly worth bothering with.

At least in the EFL Trophy you can make a few bob, even in the group games.

Carabao starts on Sept 5, btw.

greasbyrover
greasbyrover
14 August, 2020 14:45
News today that the snooker final at the Crucible this weekend will now be a trial for 300 fans to be allowed in. If successful, then this should mean other sports can open up from 1st October.

EgoEgoEgo
EgoEgoEgo
14 August, 2020 21:56
The one thing you can be assured of is that the EFL will do what it believes will benefit it and certainly not necessarily the clubs. Supporters, particularly, are irrelevance/irritation to them.

goosed
goosed
15 August, 2020 11:05
So if its just season tickets from october to be allowed in the ground and all other pay on the gate fans are not allowed till further notice i think this will be unfair as we have paid our way too towards the club in the past

Viking Tranmere
Crazylegs Cranebird
15 August, 2020 13:16
Quote:
goosed
So if its just season tickets from october to be allowed in the ground and all other pay on the gate fans are not allowed till further notice i think this will be unfair as we have paid our way too towards the club in the past

some hybrid deal involving I-Follow will be offered I'm sure

MESSAGES->author
Matt34
15 August, 2020 19:15
Quote:
greasbyrover
News today that the snooker final at the Crucible this weekend will now be a trial for 300 fans to be allowed in. If successful, then this should mean other sports can open up from 1st October.

They let limited numbers in on day 1.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

greasbyrover
greasbyrover
15 August, 2020 19:31
@Matt34 Thanks. I had missed that. I thought the trial had been postponed when a spike in cases had occurred a couple of weeks ago.

Bored rover
Bored rover
15 August, 2020 20:17
Quote:
greasbyrover
@Matt34 Thanks. I had missed that. I thought the trial had been postponed when a spike in cases had occurred a couple of weeks ago.

You are right It was suspended when they cancelled any further lifting of lockdown

bheadlad
bheadlad
17 August, 2020 23:48
Didn’t realise we are in a group with Port Vale and Wigan and a premier league kids side in about 3 weeks time
I guess they are at least training games

Loyden1
Loyden1
18 August, 2020 15:43
We might get liverpool in our group .would be good for some streaming money maybe

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
18 August, 2020 16:00
Liverpool are in our group, drawn earlier today,

Some decent money to be made in this competition, even winning in the group stages is worth a few bob. In the current financial climate I reckon clubs will be taking this competition more seriously this season.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net