Discussion started by the kav (IP Logged), 11 August, 2020 19:05
the kav
the kav
11 August, 2020 19:05
Relegated

the kav
the kav
11 August, 2020 19:10
Just a bit more info efl have docked them 4 points alongside the 2 suspended point deduction sending them to bottom of the league and back to the national league

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
11 August, 2020 19:14
So the independent panel docks them four more points than they docked them at the first hearing for the same offences. What changed?!

The way 'sporting outcomes' have been decided in the EFL for 19/20 is a complete joke.

the kav
the kav
11 August, 2020 19:16
Spot on mate

gainsparkshrew
gainsparkshrew
11 August, 2020 19:30
Quote:
the kav
Relegated

....good

Uptonrover
Uptonrover
11 August, 2020 19:32
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
So the independent panel docks them four more points than they docked them at the first hearing for the same offences. What changed?!
The way 'sporting outcomes' have been decided in the EFL for 19/20 is a complete joke.

Completely agree!

Uptonrover
Uptonrover
11 August, 2020 19:35
How can they apply them to Macc for this season yet tell Sheff Wed there points deduction is for next season?

Tranman
Tranman
11 August, 2020 19:54
Maybe because of two very different reasons for having points docked.

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69
11 August, 2020 19:59
Wouldn't be surprised to see them fold now.Sorry for their fans. EFL are beyond being a disgrace.

MESSAGES->author
Doogie'sGhost
11 August, 2020 20:01
Shame. Now what was it they were singing on that video on the coach again..? Oh yeah, f**k 'em.

Uptonrover
Uptonrover
11 August, 2020 20:32
Quote:
Tranman

Both for financial reasons? ultimatly though you cant tell one club your points deduction is for this season and another its for next? Classic efl stupidity

Bored rover
Bored rover
11 August, 2020 20:33
Good, They can F |_| CK off back to Non League where they belong!

Viking Tranmere
Crazylegs Cranebird
11 August, 2020 21:23
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy

I agree. Relegation out of the league is extremely serious and to do this arbitrarily like this is bordering on farcical..

Anyway it looks as if we are building a side to put right this sporting outcomes@#$%&of Parry. And it looks in Jacko we have had a gem waiting to emerge.

TRFC is #8 on Wirral's new Viking Trail
[www.facebook.com] 👊👊

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
11 August, 2020 22:45
Quote:
Uptonrover
Quote:
Tranman

Both for financial reasons? ultimatly though you cant tell one club your points deduction is for this season and another its for next? Classic efl stupidity

Afaik they haven't even explained why the Sheff Wed deduction is being held over to next season. Might be something to do with Charlton getting a reprieve if they dock Sheff Wed now. Charlton - another basket case the EFL failed to sort.

It's one thing after another with these jokers.

jim rockford
jim rockford
11 August, 2020 23:03
Quote:
Doogie'sGhost
Shame. Now what was it they were singing on that video on the coach again..? Oh yeah, f**k 'em.
Tbf that player Mitch Hancox along with all the players from that team have long gone they will not be bothered in the least it's the fans i feel sorry for.

gary anderson
gary anderson
12 August, 2020 16:47
Work with a guy who watches them from time to time .there skint simple as that .there going part time owe a lot more money than people led to believe ..the rumour round the town is there gonna fold and start again in local football as Wimbledon did .I wish them luck but can't say I am that bothered. I remember there insults to us when they won the nl

MoanerLesser
TRSince1968
12 August, 2020 16:55
Quote:
gary anderson
Work with a guy who watches them from time to time .there skint simple as that .there going part time owe a lot more money than people led to believe ..the rumour round the town is there gonna fold and start again in local football as Wimbledon did .I wish them luck but can't say I am that bothered. I remember there insults to us when they won the nl

I would suggest the insults came from a certain immature age group and quite frankly, I don't take that sort of stuff seriously. You can't tar all their supporters with same brush so to speak. Good luck to them.

the kav
the kav
12 August, 2020 19:13
The coach insults were tolerable the one that annoyed me was hancox pub outburst

Bored rover
Bored rover
12 August, 2020 19:24
They can get lost horrible little club run like a school tiuck shop good riddance

rossb07
rossb07
12 August, 2020 19:36
Quote:
Bored rover
They can get lost horrible little club run like a school tiuck shop good riddance

That school tuck shop sure smashed us at our gaffe, I’d make them at least a naafi.

the kav
the kav
12 August, 2020 20:15
Winger that destroyed us is at altrincham now

DevonExile
DevonExile
12 August, 2020 20:26
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
Quote:
Uptonrover
Quote:
Tranman

Afaik they haven't even explained why the Sheff Wed deduction is being held over to next season. Might be something to do with Charlton getting a reprieve if they dock Sheff Wed now. Charlton - another basket case the EFL failed to sort.

Quite right liking or disliking Macclesfield is irrelevant. The EFL has been shambolic and lacking both transparency and principle. They are doing a disservice to the image of the league and that harms all clubs

Bored rover
Bored rover
12 August, 2020 20:33
Quote:
DevonExile
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
Quote:
Uptonrover
Quote:
Tranman

Quite right liking or disliking Macclesfield is irrelevant. The EFL has been shambolic and lacking both transparency and principle. They are doing a disservice to the image of the league and that harms all clubs

They deserve to be binned they are financially unstable failed to pay players and staff spent what they dont have should have been booted first time round

gary anderson
gary anderson
13 August, 2020 08:03
Unfortunately there are a few clubs who spend money they have not got to climb the the ladder but in the end it has to be paid back .and I think the owners put these clubs in jeopardy and end up in court with winding up orders and point deducted and relagated .we are lucky we have mp and no who will not let that happen to us they cut the cloth to fit .Charlton Oldham wigan and Mac are just the tip of the icebrurg. And recon there will be a few more with having to play behind closed doors so no machday income
We as lower league clubs don't get a lot of the TV money the greedy big clubs get .I can see some league 2 clubs going part time to make ends meet ..the efl don't vet these so called owners and so it ends up with clubs owing money they can't pay .it will take one of the big boys to go under before something is done as the little clubs don't matter .it's a shame as the clubs are a community .football in this country has changed and not for the better

TimmySoft
TimmySoft
13 August, 2020 08:46
I hate Macclesfield, I found their support the most obnoxious I’ve encountered.

I hate the EFL more though. Consistently inconsistent, vague and using loopholes in its own rulings to dictate how they think football outside of the premiership should work.

I have very little sympathy for badly run clubs, it’s horrible to see a club reduced to nothing because of someone else’s vanity.

JonnyL
JonnyL
13 August, 2020 09:52
Being honest it didn't bother me what their players got up to after they won the league. Our players were singing songs about Wrexham when we got promoted. Its what players etc do you cant be precious and think that we wouldn't do something similar especially after they have had a few drinks.

As a club personally I don't see a way out for them, they have been unsustainable for a long time. While they haven't been paying players / staff they also haven't been paying local business that provide things for the club. Without a saviour with deep pockets they cannot continue.

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69
13 August, 2020 10:56
This gives them a chance of a fresh start.Possibly doing a " Chester"going down a few leagues to make a comeback in a few years.They don't really have a big fan base so so VNL might be their eventual home.

MESSAGES->author
Doogie'sGhost
13 August, 2020 11:43
Quote:
JonnyL
Being honest it didn't bother me what their players got up to after they won the league. Our players were singing songs about Wrexham when we got promoted. Its what players etc do you cant be precious and think that we wouldn't do something similar especially after they have had a few drinks.
As a club personally I don't see a way out for them, they have been unsustainable for a long time. While they haven't been paying players / staff they also haven't been paying local business that provide things for the club. Without a saviour with deep pockets they cannot continue.

I agree about the players thing. This sort of thing happens all the time with players. However, as I recall, the club posted or reposted at least it on their social media channels, which is effectively belittling their rivals and it is reflective of the club as a whole. That, imo, is a whole different thing and the same sort of thing StaIe Mince has done too. I can't ever remember us doing something similar officially, or our owners. Fans may have done so, players perhaps. If the club don't want this sort of reaction when they are in trouble they shouldn't be rubbing their rivals' noses in it when they have some temporary success. Leave that sort of crowing to the fans.

the kav
the kav
15 August, 2020 15:37
Macc are taking this to court I believe

Viking Tranmere
Crazylegs Cranebird
15 August, 2020 16:20
Quote:
TimmySoft
I hate Macclesfield, I found their support the most obnoxious I’ve encountered.
I hate the EFL more though. Consistently inconsistent, vague and using loopholes in its own rulings to dictate how they think football outside of the premiership should work.

I have very little sympathy for badly run clubs, it’s horrible to see a club reduced to nothing because of someone else’s vanity.

We would have gone up as Champions if it wasnt for Macclesfields cheating.

In 1995 we would have gone up from League 1 as Champions if it wasnt for Luton's cheating off the pitch .... and Hull City's cheating on the pitch.

Bournemouth got away with it (with a budget of 12M in League 1) by reaching the Premier League. In his Howe's 1st game when we were 1-0 up at their place with Bell-Baggie running riot they targetted him and put him out of the game.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net