Discussion started by JonnyL (IP Logged), 04 August, 2020 10:43
JonnyL
JonnyL
04 August, 2020 10:43
Confirmed new assistant manager

Shaumbra
Shaumbra
04 August, 2020 13:02
Dawes worked with first team manager Mike Jackson at Shrewsbury Town and prior to his move to Prenton Park, he formed part of the coaching staff at Blackpool Football Club.

Dawes, who has also managed Welsh side Bangor City, and coached at Liverpool Football Club, can’t wait to get started in his new role at TRFC.

“I received a phone call from the manager asking if I would like to come in as number two, and I am absolutely delighted to be working for such a historic football club. It is an honour.

“The Club has a fantastic fan base and great history. I am from Liverpool, so I know the Club extremely well. It is a massive opportunity and I can’t wait to get going.

“I know the manager well from our time together at Shrewsbury Town, and we work very well as a team.

“I am not just working for a great football club, I am working with some great people too. The manager shares the same philosophies and same standards. He has the same mentality and we work well together, and the fans and the players will see that, and the results will be seen on the pitch.”

Manager Mike Jackson added: “It is good to get him in and you need good staff around you to support you with the work that you are doing.

“I know him from our time together at Shrewsbury, he is a good coach and he has a similar opinion on how the game should be played as I do.

“It is a good fit, he is good at helping develop players and that is what we want to do. It is important we keep on helping our players develop so he will help massively in that area.

“He knows the league, he has a good knowledge of players and he is local to the Club. He is a great addition to the coaching staff and I am delighted he is on board.”

“Physical reality is actually a mirror: Your physical reality is just a reflection of what you most strongly believe to be true. And like a mirror, physical reality will not change unless you change first”

Viking Tranmere
Crazylegs Cranebird
05 August, 2020 08:03
Sounds a good choice by Jacko.

TRFC is #8 on Wirral's new Viking Trail
[www.facebook.com] 👊👊

Older blue
Older blue
05 August, 2020 08:20
Think we have potentially a great management/ coaching team and with some astute signings will be knocking on door of promotion.

Marlow!'s foot
Marlow!'s foot
05 August, 2020 08:44
He's saying all the right things so let's hope he can walk the walk.

Uptonrover
Uptonrover
05 August, 2020 10:24
Lets hope so as he was sacked from bangor for not having the required coaching courses

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
05 August, 2020 11:06
Quote:
Uptonrover
Lets hope so as he was sacked from bangor for not having the required coaching courses

I expect there was more to that than met the eye. Bangor said he couldn't get on the course to get his pro licence (which he had to have to be allowed to manage in the top flight) but didn't explain why - it could easily be down to them that he didn't, especially as this was the Bangor City basket case run by the notorious Vaughan family, with Vaughan Junior the director of football (and occasional manager). The whole club was a circus - Dawes was the third guy they sacked that season, and they were 4th in the table under him.

Dawes' links with Vaughan were my biggest concern (he also had a stint in Malta at Floriana, another Vaughan plaything) but it doesn't appear to go any deeper than previously working for him briefly. The local Blackpool FC reporter said yesterday that the Blackpool first team players always spoke highly of him. Jacko obviously rates him from his time at Shrewsbury, and he had a long spell coaching with Liverpool's academy before then. Hopefully that all bodes well.

Don't know if he ever did get his pro license though!

Uptonrover
Uptonrover
05 August, 2020 11:40
All sounds very promising then and once you mention Vaughan....

MoanerLesser
TRSince1968
05 August, 2020 13:13
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
Quote:
Uptonrover

I expect there was more to that than met the eye. Bangor said he couldn't get on the course to get his pro licence (which he had to have to be allowed to manage in the top flight) but didn't explain why - it could easily be down to them that he didn't, especially as this was the Bangor City basket case run by the notorious Vaughan family, with Vaughan Junior the director of football (and occasional manager). The whole club w
as a circus - Dawes was the third guy they sacked that season, and they were 4th in the table under him.

Dawes' links with Vaughan were my biggest concern (he also had a stint in Malta at Floriana, another Vaughan plaything) but it doesn't appear to go any deeper than previously working for him briefly. The local Blackpool FC reporter said yesterday that the Blackpool first team players always spoke highly of him. Jacko obviously rates him from his time at Shrewsbury, and he had a long spell coaching with Liverpool's academy before then. Hopefully that all bodes well.

Don't know if he ever did get his pro license though!

Does he have any licence? That is, the B or A licences? There is a hierarchy of courses/licences, with the Pro being necessary for premiership and European games. Cannot remember but didn't Bangor end up in a European cup, hence why pro licence necessary?

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
05 August, 2020 13:35
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere he does have qualifications but I don't know to what level. In this hierarchy, is it the case that to do the pro licence you have to already have the A license?

I remember when he got the Bangor job because not many people really knew who he was! With it being a slightly left field appointment, and during the season, it might be that he was just too late to get on the course to get the pro license in time to meet Bangor's domestic and possible European commitments.

MoanerLesser
TRSince1968
05 August, 2020 14:05
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere he does have qualifications but I don't know to what level. In this hierarchy, is it the case that to do the pro licence you have to already have the A license?
I remember when he got the Bangor job because not many people really knew who he was! With it being a slightly left field appointment, and during the season, it might be that he was just too late to get on the course to get the pro license in time to meet Bangor's domestic and possible European commitments.

From what I read, the B and A are prerequisites - each has a specific set of criteria and it doesn't look like the Pro ;licence re-covers all this criteria. It appears logical - the walk before you run approach.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
06 August, 2020 00:13
Quote:
TRSince1968
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy

From what I read, the B and A are prerequisites - each has a specific set of criteria and it doesn't look like the Pro ;licence re-covers all this criteria. It appears logical - the walk before you run approach.

Thanks, yes that'd make sense.

Dawes' LinkedIn profile shows he has both the UEFA A and B licenses. Guess he never went for the pro in the end.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net