This is @#$%&
This is sh1t
03 August, 2020 18:47
Rumors will be joining mm at Dundee utd

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
03 August, 2020 18:53
Also linked with Fleetwood.

Wonder if Ipswich would want to sell. And for how much. Two years left on his deal so they can call the shots.

the kav
the kav
03 August, 2020 19:23
Would do well io there

Bored rover
Bored rover
03 August, 2020 19:43
Didn’t set league 1 on fire think Ipswich would be happy to let him go listening to some fans, they have to up this year no options.

DevonExile
DevonExile
04 August, 2020 06:32
He was still Ipswich's top scorer despite injuries disrupting his season. He has two years plus an additional year option on his contract so I cannot see him being in a rush to leave

ADD
ADD
04 August, 2020 06:40
Quote:
Bored rover
Didn’t set league 1 on fire think Ipswich would be happy to let him go listening to some fans, they have to up this year no options.
He did pretty well and from December on he has admitted he was playing on heavily medicated and nowhere near 100% fitness - said he couldn't even kick with his left foot or jump properly - has had the operation now so I expect he will be fully fit this season. Dont expect Ipswich will want him to go.

This is @#$%&
This is sh1t
04 August, 2020 06:54
Apparently on loan - maybe to reduce Ipswich wage bill ?

MESSAGES->author
Matt34
04 August, 2020 20:57
On loan to Tranmere (Sm100)

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
08 August, 2020 02:08
After Norwood's latest social media posts on his recent trip to Merseyside, it seems Ipswich fans don't appreciate his humour...or his one on one misses! [www.twtd.co.uk]

Shaumbra
Shaumbra
08 August, 2020 06:36
in one post someone say "My favourite wind up of his is where he gets one on one with the keeper and hits the ball against the keeper.I know he does it frequently but it is a great fans wind up."

Good old Norwood
its nice to see he's improved his one on ones since leaving prenton park tongue sticking out smiley

“Physical reality is actually a mirror: Your physical reality is just a reflection of what you most strongly believe to be true. And like a mirror, physical reality will not change unless you change first”

ADD
ADD
08 August, 2020 06:38
very funny...

Bored rover
Bored rover
08 August, 2020 08:14
Saw he has also been linked with a move to Fleetwood on a permanent deal

the kav
the kav
08 August, 2020 10:00
Has anyone seen the video doing the rounds of Ipswich supporters or season singing about their tour of l1 and how they are gonna win the league by 10 points???? ...... famous last words

velico
velico
08 August, 2020 16:53
ha ha no chance

gary anderson
gary anderson
09 August, 2020 08:06
I said it then and I still say it now he should never have left here the so called glamour of playing for a ex premier side who are now a run of the mill.league one Possible bottom half championship at best side ..nor would have been better staying here we would still be in league one and a much better future .but he made the choice to go for big money and he is now not wanted by them so will end up doing the rounds out on loans .yes nice big wage packet but his form will now go down sit on the bench. go out on loans .should have stayed nor you were loved here money ain't everything

Eric01 Tranmere
Eric01 Tranmere
09 August, 2020 09:23
Quote:
gary anderson
I said it then and I still say it now he should never have left here the so called glamour of playing for a ex premier side who are now a run of the mill.league one Possible bottom half championship at best side ..nor would have been better staying here we would still be in league one and a much better future .but he made the choice to go for big money and he is now not wanted by them so will end up doing the rounds out on loans .yes nice big wage packet but his form will now go down sit on the bench. go out on loans .should have stayed nor you were loved here money ain't everything

Maybe he knew that being loved by the fans doesn't put food on the table or for that matter pay a mortgage? If he has a contract he will be paid, whether he is picked for the first team?

This is @#$%&
This is sh1t
09 August, 2020 10:32
Quote:
gary anderson

Quote “ money isn’t everything” - is correct, however I believe he went to Ipswich also to be close to his family.
Don’t forget the most if his career was in none league, I don’t blame him for going there it will give finically security for the rest of his life.
Why is he not wanted by them? -haven’t seen anything showing that .

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
09 August, 2020 11:03
I don't think anything has officially been said about him possibly leaving Ipswich. Though the fact he's been in Merseyside while Ipswich are presumably pre season training does seem odd.

pez
pez
09 August, 2020 12:04
I think his partner still lives over in Liverpool if I'm not mistaken?

From what I've read, He's caused upset amongst some Ipswich fans because he used to make his own way to matches and not travel on the team bus. I guess the reason for this is he probably went straight to Liverpool after the game to see his partner and the manager has agreed to it.

They tried to suggest he's not a team player because he doesn't travel with the team? Ridiculous I know.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34
09 August, 2020 19:46
Norwood being considerate to a partner several miles away; what a scoundrel. no wonder Ipswich fans feel agrieved.

I don't see any reasons for him not to be a team player at their club and I've never read or heard anything since he's left to suggest he's a Portman Road bad boy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2020 20:38 by Matt34.

Viking Tranmere
Crazylegs Cranebird
10 August, 2020 08:11
Quote:
Bored rover
Saw he has also been linked with a move to Fleetwood on a permanent deal

The lure of playing in front of their huge crowds will be just irresistible smiling smiley

MESSAGES->author
Matt34
10 August, 2020 20:40
Nah it will be all that salty sea air getting him back. There might be some in Ipswich coming in off the North Sea, but it's not good old Irish Sea air like he's used to breathing.

ADD
ADD
11 August, 2020 09:47
Quote:
Eric01 Tranmere
Quote:
gary anderson

Maybe he knew that being loved by the fans doesn't put food on the table or for that matter pay a mortgage? If he has a contract he will be paid, whether he is picked for the first team?
Indeed - let's ask the question - would you like to live nearer to where you are from, nearer to your parents who are getting older so you can see them more often oh and by the way pick up an extra £6,000 per week for the next 3 years? The curious thing to me is that he was doing fine until he got injured - not sure why he wouldn't be forst choice this season if fully fit unless it is just Lambert and him issue.

JonnyL
JonnyL
11 August, 2020 12:04
It was a no brainer for Norwood to leave to join Ipswich they are a big club and will be back in the Championship in the very near future. Players like Nors who have been non-league for most of their career will not have earned vast amounts and will have the desire to try and play at the highest level possible, same went for Cook when he joined Walsall.

I would love to see either of them back this season but its not going to happen we really need to move on.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34
11 August, 2020 21:39
It might happen, but it's extremely unlikely.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net