Latest news:

It's over at dover
Discussion started by the kav (IP Logged), 03 August, 2020 17:18
the kav
the kav
03 August, 2020 17:18
Players and officials called in last night and asked to take 20% pay cut officials agreed players didnt. Every player is available on a free today as the club cannot see where any money is coming in for the foreseeable future

This is @#$%&
This is sh1t
03 August, 2020 17:33
Quote:
the kav
Players and officials called in last night and asked to take 20% pay cut officials agreed players didnt. Every player is available on a free today as the club cannot see where any money is coming in for the foreseeable future

Unfortunately it’s just the start of many

Bored rover
Bored rover
03 August, 2020 17:50
Doh! Ver

Prenton Pirate
Prenton Pirate
04 August, 2020 01:38
I also fear they are just the first of many. Shame, I enjoyed my first visit there for the 4-1 win. I won't mention my second visit there for the rained off game.

gary anderson
gary anderson
04 August, 2020 13:34
Tip of the iceberg this is before a ball is kicked again I think you will see at best think you will see all NL clubs go to semi pro level in part time and feel there will be a few league two clubs take that route. And at worst a few will just fold .it's a awful time for all league one and two clubs and NL clubs .but if they have to play behind closed doors no match day income no help from the greedy premiership then how can it possibly survive .as I said in earlier post I can't even see next season starting the way the country is going and bafoon Boris making it up as he goes along rules

Bored rover
Bored rover
04 August, 2020 20:28
Quote:
gary anderson
Tip of the iceberg this is before a ball is kicked again I think you will see at best think you will see all NL clubs go to semi pro level in part time and feel there will be a few league two clubs take that route. And at worst a few will just fold .it's a awful time for all league one and two clubs and NL clubs .but if they have to play behind closed doors no match day income no help from the greedy premiership then how can it possibly survive .as I said in earlier post I can't even see next season starting the way the country is going and bafoon Boris making it up as he goes along rules

I actually think that Boris and the govt have Dealt with this really well, there is no handbook, the mainstream media couldn’t be more left whinging who seem happy to fuel public instability to the point of riot, China and the WHO mislead the world over the reality of the illness, they have to balance the needs of the economy with that of health against the backdrop of record underinvestment following the banking crisis and Gordon Brown spunking the countries assets, an ageing force bet populated by unhealthy country. And all Starmer wants to do is say Boris should have done the opposite, he can’t even decide wether he’s taking one knee two knees or no knees!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2020 20:29 by Bored rover.

DevonExile
DevonExile
04 August, 2020 20:50
Highest death rate in Europe, a constantly confused message,,spineless handling of Cummings and that oh so easy Brexit deal looking array not to mention the 200 MPs that we're happy to see the USA making a grap for a slice of the NHS . Yes a brilliant.job. .
Sorry,I know it is a football forum but if it is used to praise this most inadequate of PMs I cannot resist rising to th bait

aktrfc
aktrfc
05 August, 2020 05:53
Quote:
DevonExile
Highest death rate in Europe, a constantly confused message,,spineless handling of Cummings and that oh so easy Brexit deal looking array not to mention the 200 MPs that we're happy to see the USA making a grap for a slice of the NHS . Yes a brilliant.job. .
Sorry,I know it is a football forum but if it is used to praise this most inadequate of PMs I cannot resist rising to th bait

Couldn’t agree more and I’ve also bitten to the post. The death rate alone must raise questions why we had to do everything differently to the rest of Europe.

On a positive note, I’m off to Majorca to test my eyes.😎

the kav
the kav
05 August, 2020 07:37
I dont know whether it's been handled well or not....... I've not actually got a clue what the guidance is! This governments communication is dreadful it's either no message or a half hearted, vague message. Every action boris has taken has been governed by ge 2024 hes tried to keep everyone happy and failed miserably

nwindsor
NickNotTheGreek
05 August, 2020 13:38
Quote:
DevonExile

Assuming social distancing is an effective covid-19 deterrent it's only natural for England to have the highest death in Europe because relative to continental Europe, the UK is a small Island crammed with people. Also, England has a relatively higher ratio of BAME residents.

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

This is @#$%&
This is sh1t
05 August, 2020 14:17
Quote:
NickNotTheGreek
Quote:
DevonExile

Assuming social distancing is an effective covid-19 deterrent it's only natural for England to have the highest death in Europe because relative to continental Europe, the UK is a small Island crammed with people. Also, England has a relatively higher ratio of BAME residents.

[www.telegraph.co.uk]-
most-crowded-country-in-Europe.html

I live in Holland and can tell you that 80% of the population lives in the same area - in the east of Holland towards the German boarder there is very few people ( mainly farmers and a couple of smaller cities, also NL tends to increase in size, land is win from the sea - the most recent being Maasvlakte 2 )
Probably the large city’s are highly populated but there are many areas with very few people - Wales is probably similar .

Anyway it doesn’t matter so much how many people live in an area as long as the rules are followed - keep distance and wash hands.
Also I would say the average age is a key factor - if like Italy you have many old people then you will get many deaths ( UK 40 years V Italy ( 45 median ) .

You can get stats to say whatever you want, I would say as a %

I would think Holland is much more diverse than the UK ,

MESSAGES->author
Doogie'sGhost
05 August, 2020 15:00
Yes both the Netherlands and Belgium are fairly densely populated and very similar to the UK in this regards statistically. I've travelled through both quite a bit. I think Belgium is slightly more so and the Netherlands slightly less so. However, both are a lot smaller countries and while they have large populous cities they don't have anything remotely approaching London as a hub and that was the centre of our covid outbreak. The Netherlands is certainly similar to the UK in terms of black population numbers, probably more diverse in this way in fact. I don't ever recall coming across a significant Asian population there, though it has been a few years, and I could not have been in the right places. England as a separate entity is even more densely populated than the UK as a whole of course, which was what the original post referenced.

Not sure there really is a direct comparison for the UK within Europe - 50+ million population, densely populated, massive population concentration in one urban area. Germany would be but they were lucky enough to have a huge commercial testing industry within the country when the pandemic struck which allowed them to follow a totally different strategy to everyone else in Europe. Italy might be the closest and they fared little better than us.

Loyden1
Loyden1
05 August, 2020 15:17
And this is a football thread

GentlemanJim
GentlemanJim
05 August, 2020 15:20
Boris has dealt with the crisis well?! Please this is a football forum. Are you comparing him to Trump (154,000) Covid victims?! Buffoon hasn’t got a clue and is making it up as he goes along.

This is @#$%&
This is sh1t
05 August, 2020 15:22
Quote:
Doogie'sGhost
Yes both the Netherlands and Belgium are fairly densely populated and very similar to the UK in this regards statistically. I've travelled through both quite a bit. I think Belgium is slightly more so and the Netherlands slightly less so. However, both are a lot smaller countries and while they have large populous cities they don't have anything remotely approaching London as a hub and that was the centre of our covid outbreak. The Netherlands is certainly similar to the UK in terms of black population numbers, probably more diverse in this way in fact. I don't ever recall coming across a significant Asian population there, though it has been a few years, and I could not have been in the right places. England as a separate entity is even more densely populated than the UK as a whole of course, which was what the original post referenced.

Not sure there really is a direct comparison for the UK within Europe - 50+ million population, densely populated, massive population concentration in one urban area. Germany would be but they were lucky enough to have a huge commercial testing industry within the country when the pandemic struck which allowed them to follow a totally different strategy to everyone else in Europe. Italy might be the closest and they fared little better than us.

Asian would be Indonesian, also there are people from Caribbean ( Aruba / Bonaire and curaçao) as well as Suriname.

I can 100% recommend Aruba - fantastic island !

Don’t forget Italy age is a disadvantage, also many people meet in churches there which I think is much less common in the UK nowadays.

Germany has an advantage- pm is a professional in microbiology field !

Tom Bombadil
Tom Bombadil
06 August, 2020 13:19
And on a day when Man City announce a £41 million signing Droylsden a few miles away pull out of the Northern Premier League.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net