Latest news:

BORING
Discussion started by Pete SF (IP Logged), 03 August, 2020 16:19
Tranmere pete San Francisco.
Pete SF
03 August, 2020 16:19
Oldham have a new manager 3 days ago made his first signing today. We have had MJ for 2 weeks no signings I think It will be a struggle next season.

dave-p
dave-p
03 August, 2020 16:28
We're back in training!

Can they manage five a side? [www.tranmererovers.co.uk]

MoanerLesser
TRSince1968
03 August, 2020 16:48
I stand corrected on an earlier observation - actually a second 11 and heading into a third team now...

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
03 August, 2020 16:56
Quote:
Pete SF
Oldham have a new manager 3 days ago made his first signing today. We have had MJ for 2 weeks no signings I think It will be a struggle next season.

Yes but (1) it's Oldham (2) the manager in question is Harry Kewell and (3) the player in question is one we sent back early from a loan. But I agree next season will be a struggle for them. (Sm13)

bheadlad
bheadlad
03 August, 2020 17:49
So Oldham have some warm bodies
Are we counting just numbers or the right players for Rovers

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades
04 August, 2020 12:20
Unfortunately for them, they still have the same owner who, I believe was a football agent?

The financial issues they had last season remain and like every other club, no income and minimal season ticket sales will compound the problem.

Am I correct ,that HMRC issued winding up orders during last season for unpaid taxes?

Tom Bombadil
Tom Bombadil
04 August, 2020 12:36
As Mark has just been saying, good luck to any club making signings at the moment with no knowledge of when paying punters are allowed in or when the pay cap will be set and at what level. They are gambling with the security of their clubs.

JonnyL
JonnyL
04 August, 2020 12:55
Quote:
Tom Bombadil
As Mark has just been saying, good luck to any club making signings at the moment with no knowledge of when paying punters are allowed in or when the pay cap will be set and at what level. They are gambling with the security of their clubs.

Being honest though Mark is very much in the minority with this approach and it could end up blowing up in his face. IF the season starts on the 12th and we have had no pre season games and a hastily thrown together squad we could be in serious trouble.

Its a huge gamble and surely there has to be a sensible middle ground, for example signing key targets and waiting on adding to them.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
04 August, 2020 13:06
From what Palios said today he is taking the sensible middle ground.

He confirmed Jacko's back room team is now in place (wonder who the new goalkeeper coach is, rumour was Joe Murphy a while back) and also mentioned new signings very soon.

I don't think there's any suggestion of leaving everything to the last minute, more a case of just striking the right balance, which will be slightly different this closed season to previous ones for all clubs.

Viking Tranmere
Crazylegs Cranebird
04 August, 2020 13:15
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
From what Palios said today he is taking the sensible middle ground.
He confirmed Jacko's back room team is now in place (wonder who the new goalkeeper coach is, rumour was Joe Murphy a while back) and also mentioned new signings very soon.

I don't think there's any suggestion of leaving everything to the last minute, more a case of just striking the right balance, which will be slightly different this closed season to previous ones for all clubs.

I agree with AM

DevonExile
DevonExile
04 August, 2020 17:09
Murphy could still provide useful cover as a keeper if we want experience on the bench. Probably good value as a keeper coach/cover

Uptonrover
Uptonrover
04 August, 2020 19:32
Chris Kirkland has been working the keepers today although he has done bits and pieces with them in the past too

ADD
ADD
05 August, 2020 08:54
Quote:
Uptonrover
Chris Kirkland has been working the keepers today although he has done bits and pieces with them in the past too
Keepers? Was there another one there? I thought everyone had gone aside from Davies? Bayleigh said his goodbyes on twitter and Pilling wasn't offered a new deal and wants out anyway I assume

MoanerLesser
TRSince1968
10 August, 2020 21:00
Quote:
Pete SF

What is your view now?

greasbyrover
greasbyrover
11 August, 2020 15:43
Do we know when the fixtures are going to be announced? As far as I know the first match is still Sept 15th.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net