Latest news:

Prenton Parks capacity
Discussion started by acc928 (IP Logged), 03 August, 2020 10:18
MESSAGES->author
acc928
03 August, 2020 10:18
There is a lot of debate on here regarding our capacity especially with suggested limits on numbers if and when the next season starts. While it is still stated officially as circa 16,500 I have thought it to be closer to 13,000 for several years now. So it was interesting to read the club statement regarding tickets for the Spurs game two seasons back...

[www.tranmererovers.co.uk]

RODOS ROVER
RODOS ROVER
03 August, 2020 10:22
If its 16000 then if allowed a social distancing type crowd of say 1 person every 4 seats then we could get 4000 at a home game 'would that work'?

Pitou
Pitou
03 August, 2020 10:23
there only really less than 4000 season tickets holders so don't see why it would not work

Prenton Pirate
Prenton Pirate
03 August, 2020 10:27
Yes it seems a bit of a mystery. In away programmes our capacity is given as 16.500 but against Spurs/Man U it was sold out at less than 13,000. Looking at the ground at those games, it's hard to imagine where you could fit another 3,000 + in. I can't remember the attendance at the West Ham, Liverpool, Newcastle and Bolton cup games, but I'm sure it was more than that.

MESSAGES->author
Doogie'sGhost
03 August, 2020 10:59
The capacity is reduced by two main factors:
1. Non specified seating (ie you don't purchase a specific row & seat) reduces the capacity of every stand. I think this is a safety certificate requirement. I seem to recall only 80% of seats are allowed to be sold but that could be off.
2. Areas are cordoned off, about a third of the JK and half (at least) of the cowsheds.

I also seem to remember that the new camera gantry took up a couple of hundred, the disabled shelters a similar number and when old seats broke, rather than buy new seats, the club took existing ones out of areas they no longer used. Between these things that drops the capacity to around 13k. Club is quite happy with that as I seem to recall that 13k is one of the stewarding thresholds so they don't want to hire stewards that will require paying and training only to be used once in a blue moon.

In simple terms, when first rebuilt, there was roughly 16,500 seats in PP but with the changes to safety regs and segregation rules the capacity is now 13,000. However, with covid regs (which are surely going to require allocated seating) and no away fans the biggest two factors largely go away so it could effectively be around 15k.

aktrfc
aktrfc
03 August, 2020 12:58
if the trial at the cricket is anything to go by, it would only allow the opening of 1 stand

MESSAGES->author
Doogie'sGhost
03 August, 2020 13:12
Quote:
aktrfc
if the trial at the cricket is anything to go by, it would only allow the opening of 1 stand
Don't think so. They were trials and limited to 1,000 people so didn't require more than one open stand.

the kav
the kav
03 August, 2020 16:22
When I'm in the town paddock the front rows are always empty. .... q metre either side is no prob... it's taking behind and in front into account that makes it difficult

Bored rover
Bored rover
03 August, 2020 17:49
We have loads of busy seats, we have to keep a gap between home and away for in camera stands and add extra disabled access, significantly reduces capacity.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net