Latest news:

Transfers?
Discussion started by prentonpete1 (IP Logged), 03 August, 2020 10:16
prentonpete1
prentonpete1
03 August, 2020 10:16
You get more info watching Bolton News page than locally about Div 2 interesting!

prentonpete1
prentonpete1
03 August, 2020 11:00
If were so bothered about lack of transfers email the club I'm sure the Palios would be glad to say exactly what's going on.

MoanerLesser
TRSince1968
03 August, 2020 11:54
If we are taking on as many players as there are threads on players being taken on, we'll have a second eleven.

the kav
the kav
03 August, 2020 17:40
Bas savage signed for south park today

Bored rover
Bored rover
03 August, 2020 17:46
Cheshire Phoenix making there second signing announcement of the season, I know we have a bigger budget than the local basketball team!

stek26
stek26
03 August, 2020 19:48
I just hope the recruitment is better than last summer.

Quality over quantity.

Bored rover
Bored rover
03 August, 2020 20:18
Quote:
stek26
Quality over quantity.

That’s a Mellon strategy though we can only hope MJ has learnt from that and not adopted it as policy, I’m hoping the lack of signings is because he has very specific requirements as opposed any old rubbish.

DevonExile
DevonExile
04 August, 2020 06:23
I think that the lack of signings is likely to have far more to do with avoiding expenditure until there is greater certainty

ADD
ADD
04 August, 2020 06:42
Quote:
Bored rover
Quote:
stek26
Quality over quantity.

That’s a Mellon strategy though we can only hope MJ has learnt from that and not adopted it as policy, I’m hoping the lack of signings is because he has very specific requirements as opposed any old rubbish.
Agree - we had far too many players warming the bench last year who were never going to be picked.. Re the policy MJ I expect simply wont have the option - 20 players all in including the 3 youngsters just given one year contracts will I expect become the new normal in these times...

stek26
stek26
04 August, 2020 20:18
Quote:
ADD
Quote:
Bored rover
Quote:
stek26
Quality over quantity.

Agree - we had far too many players warming the bench last year who were never going to be picked.. Re the policy MJ I expect simply wont have the option - 20 players all in including the 3 youngsters just given one year contracts will I expect become the new normal in these times...

Agree with both lads.

We had Payne, Ray, Gilmour who couldn’t even make the bench. Their 3 wages combined would probably have secured Vaughan on Woodyards contract demands

pez
pez
05 August, 2020 14:07
I see that we've been linked with Andy Cook again today.

He's reported to be unhappy at Mansfield and wants to move on.

Don't think Cook will ever be happy wherever he goes. Seems a bit of a sulker to me.

Is he past his best or would you be happy to bring him back to Prenton Park?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2020 14:58 by pez.

Loyden1
Loyden1
05 August, 2020 14:10
Take him to preston park

pez
pez
05 August, 2020 14:19
Quote:
Loyden1
Take him to preston park

Predictive text .... Grrrr!

Viking Tranmere
Crazylegs Cranebird
05 August, 2020 14:28
Quote:
pez

Don't think Cook will ever be happy wherever he goes. Seems a bit of a summer to me.

Is he past his best or would you be happy to bring him back to Preston Park?

Absolutely not. He's unhappy at Mansfield because he is not being picked.

Bored rover
Bored rover
05 August, 2020 15:40
Quote:
pez

Don't think Cook will ever be happy wherever he goes. Seems a bit of a sulker to me.

Is he past his best or would you be happy to bring him back to Prenton Park?

Not for me did a job at NL but clearly has a bad attitude

Brenk
Brenk
05 August, 2020 15:45
Quote:
stek26
Quote:
ADD
Quote:
Bored rover
Quote:
stek26
Quality over quantity.

Agree with both lads.

We had Payne, Ray, Gilmour who couldn’t even make the bench. Their 3 wages combined would probably have secured Vaughan on Woodyards contract demands

Question. What’s happened with Gilmour and Gumbs? I thought they were still under contract.

Bored rover
Bored rover
05 August, 2020 15:49
Being linked with Spearing again on that tedious twitter rumour page

Loyden1
Loyden1
05 August, 2020 15:53
Gumbs been released . Unlucky lad with injuries wish him luck for future . Nixon reckons we should of given him a deal

Moretonwhite
Moretonwhite
05 August, 2020 16:18
Quote:
Bored rover
Being linked with Spearing again on that tedious twitter rumour page

Signing today or tomorrow

mogsysmullet
mogsysmullet
05 August, 2020 16:18
Quote:
Loyden1
Gumbs been released . Unlucky lad with injuries wish him luck for future . Nixon reckons we should of given him a deal

I can see why Nixon would say that but 8 games in 6 years tells you all you need to know. He's been so unlucky with injures but if this was James Wallace we were talking about we'd all be saying let him go he's a sicknote etc. Gumbs has bags of potential but he's like Jack Wilshire made of Glass, I can see Gumbs becoming like a Dean Ashton and retiring young sadly as his body just keeps recovering year on year.

AndyMase
AndyMase
05 August, 2020 17:29
Quote:
Loyden1
Probably best we didn't then with that recommendation

stek26
stek26
05 August, 2020 18:33
Quote:
Brenk
Quote:
stek26
Quote:
ADD
Quote:
Bored rover
Quote:
stek26
Quality over quantity.

Agree with both lads.

Question. What’s happened with Gilmour and Gumbs? I thought they were still under contract.

Haven’t heard anything on either, another one who never gets mentioned, although may of missed it a few month back - Ismael Miller?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2020 18:34 by stek26.

pez
pez
05 August, 2020 19:50
Quote:
stek26
Quote:
Brenk
Quote:
stek26
Quote:
ADD
Quote:
Bored rover
Quote:
stek26
Quality over quantity.

Agree with both lads.

Haven’t heard anything on either, another one who never gets mentioned, although may of missed it a few month back - Ismael Miller?

Gumbs has not been offered a new deal and has left the club as a free agent.

Was reported on Twitter earlier today

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net