Latest news:

No transfers made = Frustrated Tranmere fans
Discussion started by Volvic345 (IP Logged), 01 August, 2020 11:37
Volvic345
Volvic345
01 August, 2020 11:37
As a Tranmere fan, I feel ashamed of MP or MJ for not making any signs of giving new contracts to players or signing anyone, we’ll end up with Academy players who i personally don’t rate, defence besides right back and Ellis is sorted, wingers sorted, ferrier will be good for us next season but we need someone next to him, would like to see how Payne does in league 2 but better of with Vaughan. In regards to midfield, Banks Woodyard is a priority, following with LM and Neil danns. The fact is that a lot of teams have returned to training and our players are still on furlough, it’s a tough with no guarantee when to start but we should at least be training and signing players for £0 plus there wages. Frustrated is the only way to describe how all Tranmere fans are right now. If nothing happens this week or the next, then we’ll be fighting to go up in 2021/2022 season and finish at the highest of mid table the season. Signings need to be made as soon as possible. Fingers crossed for some decent transfers this season. TRFC SWA

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2020 11:39 by Volvic345.

the kav
the kav
01 August, 2020 11:44
Theres hardly a glut of signings being made by anyone.

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69
01 August, 2020 11:50
We would all like to see signings but MP has said signings in August
Currently about half of the league are yet to sign a new player.They are all very wary of paying wages when no money is coming in.Some clubs might go under.When he considers it right there will be signings and hopefully some old favourites and promising talent will appear in the white shirt.SWA

Uptonrover
Uptonrover
01 August, 2020 11:53
Cant train whilst furloughed. Danns is no way a priority.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
01 August, 2020 12:18
Quote:
Volvic345
As a Tranmere fan, I feel ashamed of MP or MJ for not making any signs of giving new contracts to players or signing anyone, we’ll end up with Academy players who i personally don’t rate, defence besides right back and Ellis is sorted, wingers sorted, ferrier will be good for us next season but we need someone next to him, would like to see how Payne does in league 2 but better of with Vaughan. In regards to midfield, Banks Woodyard is a priority, following with LM and Neil danns. The fact is that a lot of teams have returned to training and our players are still on furlough, it’s a tough with no guarantee when to start but we should at least be training and signing players for £0 plus there wages. Frustrated is the only way to describe how all Tranmere fans are right now. If nothing happens this week or the next, then we’ll be fighting to go up in 2021/2022 season and finish at the highest of mid table the season. Signings need to be made as soon as possible. Fingers crossed for some decent transfers this season. TRFC SWA

After baldy1 and ptay2 we now have 3, 4 and 5 all together!
Just because you feel ashamed for some mysterious reason doesn't mean all Tranmere fans are frustrated. We're not.
From today, clubs are contributing more to the furlough (NI and pension). Pre season training presumably starts next week. Six weeks now to the start of the season. This was the time last year when we started announcing signings - a whole load of them, reflecting the work done behind the scenes over the previous weeks.
All seems under control.

Hampshire White
Hampshire White
01 August, 2020 12:21
I'm looking forward to Monday, I suspect that we will hear a lot more then.

MoanerLesser
TRSince1968
01 August, 2020 12:29
I feel ashamed about that sort of post....

Loyden1
Loyden1
01 August, 2020 12:33
Quote:
Hampshire White
I'm looking forward to Monday, I suspect that we will hear a lot more then.
we will on monday and nextweek.ashamed and frustrated i think that was my first girlfriend ! Anyway get a reality grip this time nxtweek you will have your frustrations relieved

This is @#$%&
This is sh1t
01 August, 2020 13:25
Quote:
TRSince1968
I feel ashamed about that sort of post....

Agree

pez
pez
01 August, 2020 13:34
I can see both sides of the argument, however, Mark Palios is highly regarded in his ability to turn failing businesses around. Therefore, the lack of recruitment so far is linked to the financial stability of Tranmere Rovers as a business.

I also feel a bit disappointed, but I am fully confident that when the time is right, we will see the team develop in time for next season.

MP stated that he expects us to be fighting for promotion next season, that suggests to me that he will assemble a squad of players with the ability and quality to achieve that.

Who's to say that there haven't been pre contact agreements already made with players and the club is fully utilising the furlough scheme to ensure the financial security of the club?

There are roughly six weeks until the proposed start of the season, however, looking at recent spikes of the pandemic, that could be put back even further.

The fact that Ellis, Banks and Danns haven't moved on yet, makes me think that maybe the club has made an approach to them and is waiting for official guidance before going firm on any new contracts.

All we know so far is that it is the intention of the EFL to start the new season on 12th September. This is subject to the Government reserving the right to make changes at short notice, which has been the case in recent days with Covid related restrictions.

We are obviously in negotiations with Woodyard and his agent because it's being touted that Wimbledon have attempted to hijack the move. Whilst that news is disappointing, it means that negotiations are going on behind the scenes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2020 13:36 by pez.

DevonExile
DevonExile
01 August, 2020 14:01
I am mildly concerned that half a dozen teams,all,likely to ne promotion contenders have made quite a few signings but the starter post of this thread is both an over reaction. It is nonsense to say that anyone should feel ashamed. We do not know for how long the club will need to operate without a normal income stream. It is arrant nonsense to claim tone player or another is a priority. The first priority at our level has to be ensuring the viable sustainability of the club. We have seen how even in better times any foolish chief exec can sanction fan pleasing signings only for the club to be left with long term financial problems that threaten its existence.
We have a chairman who is pragmatic and far better qualified than most in football to steer us through the current uncertainties and challenges. If there is any shame,then sadly it falls on the originator of this thread for such ill informed judgement .It is one thing to have an opinion but when it comes to denigrating those whose actions have been consistently driven by the interests of the club there can be no tolerance

Tranmere2003
Tranmere2003
01 August, 2020 14:33
Danns said he wants to sign back and I think he’ll be good for us next season and MJ has spoke to him about the situation, I would like to see caprice banks woodyard Ellis and mccoulgh all playing for us next season

Pitou
Pitou
01 August, 2020 16:26
I think a lot of clubs are staying away from signing anyone as we don't know if the season will starts and if they have a contact they need to be paid.

ADD
ADD
01 August, 2020 17:00
Quote:
Tranmere2003
Danns said he wants to sign back and I think he’ll be good for us next season and MJ has spoke to him about the situation, I would like to see caprice banks woodyard Ellis and mccoulgh all playing for us next season
McCullough has signed for Glentoran. Of the others only Woodyard and Ellis for me plus Danns as you mention. We have a massive amount to do given we have only 9 first team players and of those massive doubts over Manny, CBT, Nelson and I suspect Payne given his twitter comments who all probably want to go - plus Ray who was so bad last season that even in L2 I have my doubts we can afford to play him -Jacko has his work cut out.
Have to be announcements Monday surely given training is starting? unless MP is taking the view that our finances are such that we are better off gambling the season start will be delayed and if its not the money saved will be worth starting the season with an unfit squad.

Viking Tranmere
Crazylegs Cranebird
01 August, 2020 17:30
Quote:
ADD
Quote:
Tranmere2003
McCullough has signed for Glentoran. Of the others only Woodyard and Ellis for me plus Danns as you mention. We have a massive amount to do given we have only 9 first team players and of those massive doubts over Manny, CBT, Nelson and I suspect Payne given his twitter comments who all probably want to go - plus Ray who was so bad last season that even in L2 I have my doubts we can afford to play him -Jacko has his work cut out.
Have to be announcements Monday surely given training is starting? unless MP is taking the view that our finances are such that we are better off gambling the season start will be delayed and if its not the money saved will be worth starting the season with an unfit squad.

delay doubtful as the Scottish season has already kicked off. Time to get moving.

Uptonrover
Uptonrover
01 August, 2020 17:31
Completely means nothing. If the season needs to be delayed on safety grounds it gets delayed

Bored rover
Bored rover
01 August, 2020 18:00
I think we will have a few deals lined up and deals done in principle, so much is up in the air, with Manchester now locked down again and debate over wether pubs will need to close to open schools I really doubt the season in Lg1 and 2 will start in September unless the a lot of clubs go part time.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34
01 August, 2020 19:49
It seems there is definitely something in the water where Volvic345 is concerned, but whatever it is, I doubt it's the taste of guilt about this ill judged broadside, on objectively club minded people like the Chairs and the manager.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

stek26
stek26
01 August, 2020 22:33
Surprised MP or the club have not put out any statements on anything. It’s August now, we’ve got the new season start date and I would of thought a return date for pre season would have been released by now.

We’ve been relegated, lost our manager, lost Jennings, players who were on loan/out of contract & available to sign permanently are signing elsewhere.......

Really does suck to be a Tranmere fan right now, we could do with some good news!

Wouldn’t be surprised if we end up with Danns and Perkins as our first choice CM again next season - serious!

Cybertron
Cybertron
01 August, 2020 23:36
My son keeps an eye on twitter etc....I am just to old to bother, he tells me that we are linked with a number of players, and some of our team last season are on their way, latest one was Caprice. While we may all think we can do a better job of managing the team than MJ, I doubt there are many of us that would claim to be better than MP at running a business in difficult trading conditions.

MoanerLesser
TRSince1968
02 August, 2020 00:01
Could be worse. Could be like the early eighties, 11 players with mullet hairstyles. And a blue kit.

Kentexile
Kentexile
02 August, 2020 02:02
Not frustrated at all. Just because a few people are ranting on Twitter, that doesn't mean anything - it happens in every transfer window. MP hasn't lost his mind, he knows what he's doing.

greasbyrover
greasbyrover
02 August, 2020 02:40
Palios certainly knows what he is doing. As mentioned above, it could be worse. In the early 1980s we were taken over by Bruce Osterman who almost took the club out of business altogether. I think we are in much safer hands with Mark.

bedfordave
bedfordave
02 August, 2020 08:19
There are two outstanding things about Palios currently for me. He is clearly sucking up our situation and getting on with it, unlike me whose toys are still out of the pram and the prospects of me walking up on Saturdays remain remote. Legal redress will only happen if independent advice is for it, I guess.
Secondly he is working with the modern trend that players are used by clubs for weeks not years. Loans, half season contracts and little local connection do not in my opinion forge a connection with fans or instill any player loyalty. Mark is happy to run with guns for hire and in tier 4, there are so many guns out there.
As I write there is no guarantee we will have fans in before easter, of course we may. Mark hid the bad news of redundancies on the 'EFL' day, I suspect it was inevitable. All our now unemployed, out of contract players, are part of hundreds of viable players in limbo for us. They must be desperate in some cases to take wage drops just to get some wages.
We cannot sign anyone back or a new player without pushing others completely away. This seems a tactic Mark has chosen along with others, not to extend the outgoings with no income in sight.
Stockport have no doubt got Jenno, who surely we would have fully considered an option, on less money but over a decent period. He has stability but Stockport may not make a dime this year?
It is a judgement call, no right or wrong. There are plenty of cowboys out there still who will see this as just another opportunity to gamble on quick success. I guess a few clubs have little cash left and have no option but to spend nothing.
Mark it seems will not spend anything until the situation is clear. We may see a lot of personnel changes in the end but I guess Mark sees little risk in that.
That is how I see it, no right or wrong, just maybe a new world out there? Empty subs benches coming to many clubs soon?

pez
pez
02 August, 2020 10:52
There are a few clubs who have carried on regardless.

Bolton & Mansfield being the stand out clubs.

As I see it, both of them have had financial issues in the last five years, but I cannot see how they are going to survive if this pandemic continues?

The new signings they have made, and there's quite a few, will not be allowed any furlough pay, so therefore the clubs will be paying them out of their budget. Some of these are marquee players and with no salary cap in place this could lead to the demise of these two clubs.

Mark Palios will be well aware of what these clubs have done and obviously sees the risk as damaging. Therefore he's decided to wait until the situation is stable and we are sure that the new season will actually start.

It's a frustrating situation, but it's the right decision imo. It will protect Tranmere Rovers, and avoid unnecessary spending until there's some sort of normality within football.

My guess is that Bolton & Mansfield may well be calling in the receivers before too long. There are also a few others who have been signing up large numbers of quality players, again this is such a gamble when there is no income coming in, and nothing has been agreed in tablets of stone.

Could be an interesting 12 months ahead.

stek26
stek26
02 August, 2020 17:14
It’s amazing to think that the loss of revenue for 5 or 6 home games that were remaining, has basically put many clubs on the brink of insolvency.

The home games is the main source of revenue that has been lost, potentially some season ticket reimbursement (although I know a lot of the SWA waived this, to help the club) and maybe some sponsorship revenue.
Apparently, this is the basis of what makes up our own 1 million loss.

However, to caveat that, clubs have also profited from not paying wages for 3 months from when the season would of ended - In early May, To when the new season would of commenced in Aug. When in normal circumstances they would of been paying these wages. Also save money on logistics/food/accommodation of travel to away games and general food costs in the club.

This would have balanced a lot of the loss....surely? I personally think the clubs are milking the furlough and exaggerating the loss they have made.
They just say figures but don’t actually show evidence.

Same as us, making 20 staff redundant?? Has this happened, if so who??
Why not keep them on getting furlough or have they paid redundancy pay to them, if eligible??

Clubs voting to end the season, as they cannot afford to continue, but some of them clubs going out and paying undisclosed fees for players??

It’s all a joke and we are part of it.

Bored rover
Bored rover
02 August, 2020 17:24
Quote:
pez
There are a few clubs who have carried on regardless.
Bolton & Mansfield being the stand out clubs.

As I see it, both of them have had financial issues in the last five years, but I cannot see how they are going to survive if this pandemic continues?

The new signings they have made, and there's quite a few, will not be allowed any furlough pay, so therefore the clubs will be paying them out of their budget. Some of these are marquee players and with no salary cap in place this could lead to the demise of these two clubs.

Mark Palios will be well aware of what these clubs have done and obviously sees the risk as damaging. Therefore he's decided to wait until the situation is stable and we are sure that the new season will actually start.

It's a frustrating situation, but it's the right decision imo. It will protect Tranmere Rovers, and avoid unnecessary spending until there's some sort of normality within football.

My guess is that Bolton & Mansfield may well be calling in the receivers before too long. There are also a few others who have been signing up large numbers of quality players, again this is such a gamble when there is no income coming in, and nothing has been agreed in tablets of stone.

Could be an interesting 12 months ahead.

Or are they mitigating the potential torpedo to finances that would occur from m relegation to NL. There is no right answer, should we be relegated I’m sure we’ll all deride these lack of signings, should we be promoted it’s genius.

DevonExile
DevonExile
02 August, 2020 21:17
There have been a flurry of signings in the last few days and I think it is only about six other Div2 clubs that have not made any signings yet. Around a dozen clubs have signed three or more players. That said there are plenty of good players still available so no reason for panic and there will almost certainly be some long term loans

ptay II
ptay II
02 August, 2020 21:56
Quote:
Volvic345

It's hard to disagree with any of that to be fair. It's a disgrace that there hasn't been better organisation and also communication from the top. There's not even been any word on the apparent legal challenge - is it still even happening? And we're spending our efforts on something as trivial as pursuing the EFL for disabling comments on an instagram post! It's laughable! Do me a favour, do us all a favour, and start signing some players so we can compete next season. Otherwise it may be time for the Palioli to move on and sell the club to someone serious about taking us to the next level.

pez
pez
02 August, 2020 22:05
Quote:
ptay II
Quote:
Volvic345
As a Tranmere fan, I feel ashamed of MP or MJ for not making any signs of giving new contracts to players or signing anyone, we’ll end up with Academy players who i personally don’t rate, defence besides right back and Ellis is sorted, wingers sorted, ferrier will be good for us next season but we need someone next to him, would like to see how Payne does in league 2 but better of with Vaughan. In regards to midfield, Banks Woodyard is a priority, following with LM and Neil danns. The fact is that a lot of teams have returned to training and our players are still on furlough, it’s a tough with no guarantee when to start but we should at least be training and signing players for £0 plus there wages. Frustrated is the only way to describe how all Tranmere fans are right now. If nothing happens this
week or the next, then we’ll be fighting to go up in 2021/2022 season and finish at the highest of mid table the season. Signings need to be made as soon as possible. Fingers crossed for some decent transfers this season. TRFC SWA

It's hard to disagree with any of that to be fair. It's a disgrace that there hasn't been better organisation and also communication from the top. There's not even been any word on the apparent legal challenge - is it still even happening? And we're spending our efforts on something as trivial as pursuing the EFL for disabling comments on an instagram post! It's laughable! Do me a favour, do us all a favour, and start signing some players so we can compete next season. Otherwise it may be time for the Palioli to move on and sell the club to someone serious about taking us to the next level.

Really???

Are you on medication?

I've never heard so much nonsense in all my time on here.

Thought Baldy was a bellend, but those comments take it to a whole new level!

Give your head a wobble ffs!

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
02 August, 2020 22:23
I think you'll find the baldy volvic ptayto are all the same attention seeker.

Loyden1
Loyden1
02 August, 2020 23:08
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
im agreeing with you aĺdo theres a distinct pattern

bheadlad
bheadlad
03 August, 2020 01:26
Quote:
Loyden1
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
It’s got to be sad when you answer your pseudonym and agree with it to gain credibility and attack the chairman and lack of signings .
in fact Baldy is now posting on other threads like his previous inflammatory posts did not happen

This is @#$%&
This is sh1t
03 August, 2020 07:52
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy

I only managed to link to 1 other user but 2 does look right ( at least for now ).
At least it confirms to Baldy it doesn’t matter what username he uses his comments are so off the wall that it’s clear it can only belong to 1 user.
We know he’s a Bolton fan pretending to be a Tranmere fan, it’s the only explanation I can come up with that so much garbage is written.

There was hope a few months ago, he managed to post as a Tranmere fan for several weeks before reverting back to his/her normal posts.

This is @#$%&
This is sh1t
03 August, 2020 08:02
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy

I am seriously considering if I should reply to any of there comments - I don’t know know anything about this person.

For all I know it could be someone with mental issues or with a limited capability, I would hate to think that I would be replying with the comments I do to this type of person .

misterecoli
misterecoli
03 August, 2020 08:14
Quote:
Loyden1
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
It's a 'disgrace' that I didn't see that pattern earlier

FazakerleyRover
FazakerleyRover
03 August, 2020 09:53
Why on gods earth would we be making signings when the club has £0 coming in.
MP knows exactly what he is doing and it doesn't matter how many accounts you make BALDY your still a negative little T**T
With the climate as it is next season will be about staying in the football league we don't have this botmeless pit of money you think we have Baldy.
Anyone fancy contributing to a season ticket for Baldy to another clubbof his choice???

Loyden1
Loyden1
03 August, 2020 10:14
Im waiting to see who starts the ist thread . . "What have we signed him for "

aktrfc
aktrfc
03 August, 2020 13:01
Quote:
FazakerleyRover
MP knows exactly what he is doing and it doesn't matter how many accounts you make BALDY your still a negative little T**T
With the climate as it is next season will be about staying in the football league we don't have this botmeless pit of money you think we have Baldy.
Anyone fancy contributing to a season ticket for Baldy to another clubbof his choice???

the club has £0 income every summer, but players still need to be signed

Uptonrover
Uptonrover
03 August, 2020 13:19
Difference being that a “usual” season has a start date where they know there will be no restrictions on fans

MoanerLesser
TRSince1968
03 August, 2020 14:19
Quote:
aktrfc
Quote:
FazakerleyRover

Apart from running events at PP?

JonnyL
JonnyL
03 August, 2020 14:50
I can see why some fans are getting frustrated tbh.

The last few years one of the big plus points for us has been stability, we have managed to keep the core of our playing staff and had the same manager and coaching staff and we all had faith that we would come good. We all trusted Micky and believed he would get results, as for the playing staff we had lads like Parkins, Ellis, Jenno, McNulty, Nors and others who had been with the club a few seasons. we knew what we were getting when they pulled on the white shirt. The club as a whole seemed to be on the up after a long period of going backwards and there was a feel good feeling around the club.

This season just feels a bit different we got relegated on guess work and while it hurt this galvanized the fans behind the club, fans refused to have refunds on season tickets and bought up new ones despite there being no guarantee's of a return to being able to watch the game. We saw coaching staff like Garnett leave due to the financial impact of relegation. Mark and Nicola did a Q&A after which most fans said how lucky we were to have such great owners. But then that stability and faith that we would be ok got replaced with anxiety and uncertainty. Micky left a man who had helped guide us back to L1, he was replaced by Jacko a man who has been a big part of our recent success however has little experience of being in the hot seat, a portion of fans felt a little underwhelmed at his appointment, was this the best option or simply the cheapest option? Only time will tell, as most fans I will give Jacko my full backing. But you can understand peoples reservations.

Jacko inherited a squad with 10 players 3 of whom are first year pro's. We lost some familiar faces in McCullogh and Jenno, social media is linking Morris, Monthe and CBT for moves away from the club again causing uncertainty. The situation with COVID-19 is obviously a concern but as one of only 6 clubs yet to sign a player in L2 and a start date set when do we start what is going to be a huge rebuilding process? While waiting would seem to be the pertinent option and the question of what happens if the season is delayed, equally pertinent is the question what if its not? While clubs have returned to training there has been nothing from the club to say we have or when we intend to. Can we delay for much longer? 6 weeks before the proposed start date, no back room staff, players not having played a competitive game for months, out of contract players waiting for deals, potential targets looking elsewhere and little time for Jacko to stamp his ideas and way of playing on a group of players that haven't even been assembled yet.

I trust Mark Palios and believe he will have some sort of plan to guide us forward, however as each week ticks by and the only messages from the club are about non football matters (fair play to those who gave up their time to tidy the ground up by the way) or attempts to try and get people to commit to season tickets its difficult to not start getting a bit twitchy.

While we all know we cant start on the 12th (if we do start then) with only 10 players and we will start brining new faces in at some point its the waiting and uncertainty that kills you.

dave-p
dave-p
03 August, 2020 15:06
I'm more worried about the existential threat posed by signing players and a potential second wave of Covid-19 making us go out of business.

FazakerleyRover
FazakerleyRover
03 August, 2020 15:28
Quote:
TRSince1968
Quote:
aktrfc
Quote:
FazakerleyRover

Well thats not gonna cover a load of new players who's salary need to he paid every week.
If that was the case then pp wouldn't really need fans in it.

He will bide his time and do the sums and when the times right players will be signed.

The club does not have the money to exist with "events at pp"

MoanerLesser
TRSince1968
03 August, 2020 16:52
Quote:
FazakerleyRover
Quote:
TRSince1968
Quote:
aktrfc
Quote:
FazakerleyRover

Well thats not gonna cover a load of new players who's salary need to he paid every week.
If that was the case then pp wouldn't really need fans in it.

He will bide his time and do the sums and when the times right players will be signed.

The club does not have the money to exist with "events at pp"

Precisely but it still is not £0 during the summer, there is also income from season tickets. However, I still support the approach of the club management as is. I wouldn't waste money just now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2020 17:13 by TRSince1968.

greasbyrover
greasbyrover
03 August, 2020 18:22
Look at the news from Dover, an entire squad has been released due to financial situation caused by Covid. This will be happening across all divisions apart from PL. It will be a buyers market and players will be panicking that they haven't got a job. Chances are there will be a flurry of activity in the few days leading up the start of the season, if it actually gets started on time. Fans need to see the bigger picture here. Forget moaning about lack of players and the perceived injustice of relegation, just be glad if the club survives this crisis, many will fall by the wayside.

DevonExile
DevonExile
03 August, 2020 18:38
There are now hardly any clubs in div2 that have not made signings. Our financial situation may be worst than most but I doubt that is the case. The alternative view is that our chair is more far sighted and sees that in the current climate if uncertainties fall the wrong way survival will be far more important than promotion. I think our position reflects the latter.
There are plenty of players still available . I would certainly not be looking at the responses of clubs like Bolton,Oldham or Mansfield as models of how to be prudent in this situation or for the matter the sugar daddy approaches of Mansfield and FGR. Do we really want a Chair who plays roulette today using as stakes the future of the club?
I would love us to be signing players but this is not remotely a normal pre season or even a time when an annual aspiration for promotion is the best priority for a club.If we are in business next year and still in the league it will have been a pretty good 20/21 season.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
03 August, 2020 18:51
Its day 1 of pre season training, the transfer window has only been open a week and will remain open for more than 2 more months.

Plus, as already mentioned here, and as many analysts have previously said, clubs will be holding much of their transfer business back for as long as possible in this window. Players definitely don't hold all the cards this summer.

Bear in mind too the nucleus of ten or so players we already have is more, and of better quality, than a fair few of our rivals started the summer with.

I still expect some signings this week but there's no need to panic.

ADD
ADD
04 August, 2020 06:44
Quote:
Loyden1
Im waiting to see who starts the ist thread . . "What have we signed him for "
Would that we couldwinking smiley

EgoEgoEgo
EgoEgoEgo
04 August, 2020 11:17
Given the unprecedented times we are in and are likely to be in for some time, I could not wish for a better leadership/management team for the Tranmere Rovers I’ve supported for more than sixty years. I wonder what those who constantly criticise and gripe think is going on in the world right now. The world, and this includes the footballing world, is changing as we watch. It will not get “back to normal” and certainly not the normal we knew. Let’s get behind MP and NP as they try and guide the Club forward and be thankful we have probably the best (and certainly not the wealthiest), forward thinking, shrewd and capable management team in the EFL.

Loyden1
Loyden1
04 August, 2020 11:26
Well said ego. By the way i remember your namesake!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net