Latest news:

Stockport County-New Kids On The Block
Discussion started by Phil65 (IP Logged), 02 July, 2020 08:06
MESSAGES->author
Phil65
02 July, 2020 08:06
Sources, that I am unable to disclose, have confirmed that due to the recent downturn in Man Utd fortunes, Stockport are vying to become THE second team in Manchester. Stockport's unlimited finances put them in the enviable position of this aspiration being a potential reality. A local mole confirmed their soon to be meteoric rise to the Premier League, leaving cash-strapped teams such as lowly Tranmere in their wake. After years in the abyss, Stockport will be making headline news on a consistent basis. Their ultimate goal is to lift the Champions League trophy, not just on a tour of Anfield, but in their own right. Stockport v Barecelona, Stockport v Real Madrid.....mouth-watering.

Uptonrover
Uptonrover
02 July, 2020 08:28
Ive had to check this morning over who actually owns stockport as i was under the assumption that a dubai prince who went to uni in manchester and couldnt get a ticket for utd, city, blackburn, wigan or salford winded up going to a stockport match. Its a guy from the vita group cheshire who invest in properties who want to make stockport “financially stable”. That doesnt happen throwing cash around as we well know

WirralHatter
WirralHatter
02 July, 2020 09:47
Quote:
Phil65
Sources, that I am unable to disclose, have confirmed that due to the recent downturn in Man Utd fortunes, Stockport are vying to become THE second team in Manchester. Stockport's unlimited finances put them in the enviable position of this aspiration being a potential reality. A local mole confirmed their soon to be meteoric rise to the Premier League, leaving cash-strapped teams such as lowly Tranmere in their wake. After years in the abyss, Stockport will be making headline news on a consistent basis. Their ultimate goal is to lift the Champions League trophy, not just on a tour of Anfield, but in their own right. Stockport v Barecelona, Stockport v Real Madrid.....mouth-watering.

Are you okay, Phil?

Viking Tranmere
Crazylegs Cranebird
02 July, 2020 11:20
Quote:
WirralHatter
Quote:
Phil65

Are you okay, Phil?

I think its a way of saying he is looking forward to the next penalties you will get for spending money you havent got. Possibly that of another serial offender - your friends at Bury.

WirralHatter
WirralHatter
02 July, 2020 12:47
I’d hardly say we are spending money we haven’t got.

Bury were getting poor crowds every season and still spending money on players, it was inevitable with them

Viking Tranmere
Crazylegs Cranebird
02 July, 2020 14:42
Quote:
WirralHatter
I’d hardly say we are spending money we haven’t got.
Bury were getting poor crowds every season and still spending money on players, it was inevitable with them

No, Stockport's record on that is exemplary..
You got found out in the end.

TRFC is #8 on Wirral's new Viking Trail
[www.facebook.com] 👊👊

WirralHatter
WirralHatter
02 July, 2020 16:02
You’re showing complete lack of knowledge on what went on with our club.

All of our failures started when Sale Sharks came to play at Edgeley Park and Brian Kennedy took over our club.

Sold players like Ashley Williams and Anthony Pilkington for next to nothing just to cash in and then put us in the sh*t.

We have certainly hit rock bottom since then, playing league games against teams like Vauxhall Motors, Colwyn Bay and Leamington but hopefully on the way back now

MESSAGES->author
Matt34
02 July, 2020 21:23
Quote:
Phil65
Sources, that I am unable to disclose,

Well unless they have threatened to kill members of your family if you do, or they forced a gagging order on you, then you could. It's the same as most journalists could reveal sources about 95% of the time, it's just they don't want to, not because they can't.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net