Latest news:

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Mellon Leaving?
Discussion started by ScottishFan (IP Logged), 01 July, 2020 16:19
ScottishFan
ScottishFan
01 July, 2020 16:19
He's second favourite with pretty much all bookies to become Dundee United's new manager. Seems a bit random to just be nothing in it. Don't think he'll be their next manager personally, but surprised it's not been commented on.

[m.skybet.com]

Toffeehater
Toffeehater
01 July, 2020 16:25
Nah, wasn't he 'favourite' for the Kilmarnock ( ooops,meant St Mirren lol) job a few years back and supposedly even had an interview . Turned out to be complete bo##ocks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2020 16:59 by Toffeehater.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
01 July, 2020 16:31
Reports earlier in the week said he was "on their list" - whatever that means - though Mackay and McClaren were front runners and supposedly in talks with the club.

Bearing in mind that when St Mirren merely spoke to MM a couple of years ago - along with dozens of other people - the rumour mill quickly twisted it into him being interviewed for the job, it's probably not worth worrying about.

And of course he was odds-on favourite for Swansea this time last year!

the kav
the kav
01 July, 2020 16:37
He was nailed on for the st Mirren job this time last year

Prenton Pirate
Prenton Pirate
01 July, 2020 17:21
See Steve McClaren at 6/1. Jon Daly 20/1, is that the golfer? Would be par for the course if he got it!!

ScottishFan
ScottishFan
01 July, 2020 17:49
McClaren was offered the job and turned them down. Was odds on last night.

Viking Tranmere
Crazylegs Cranebird
01 July, 2020 17:57
Did your team vote to relegate Hearts and Partick Thistle?

TRFC is #8 on Wirral's new Viking Trail
[www.facebook.com] 👊👊

MESSAGES->author
Matt34
01 July, 2020 19:17
Danny Cadamarteri played for them a while back. Bet they don't interview him, as it would be like signing Joey Barton, but with less of a not whiter than white reputation.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Kentexile
Kentexile
02 July, 2020 13:02
Are we really doing this one again?

Bored rover
Bored rover
02 July, 2020 13:34
Got an interview according to my contact who is a football writer

gary anderson
gary anderson
02 July, 2020 14:35
Hear we go again .every year the same rumours I heard cos my mate said who knows a press guy who is married to a Scotsmen who supports queen of the south who drinks in a pub just outside the ground where third larnock used to.play who met a guty who used to hunt the lockers monster who brother used to know Robert the Bruce who used to read the news on outer Mongolia radio 6 we used to go to school with a guy who watched queen of the south and if he don't know then no one does

ADD
ADD
02 July, 2020 16:57
he should come cheap with a relegation on his CV...

FloodlitFridays
FloodlitFridays
02 July, 2020 17:11
Quote:
ADD

Relegation? More like an expulsion due to an arbitrary mid-season rule change. And his multitude of promotions vastly outweighs that, anyway. There's always a subtle undercurrent of nastiness and hostility that accompanies your posts about MM, something that'll always boggle me.

ScottishFan
ScottishFan
02 July, 2020 17:26
That's Mellon 1/3 on with SkyBet.

ADD
ADD
02 July, 2020 22:45
Now 5/1 on...

Tranmere Tinker
Tranmere Tinker
02 July, 2020 23:00
If only I could lay that bet, easy money

ADD
ADD
02 July, 2020 23:05
Quote:
FloodlitFridays
Quote:
ADD

Relegation? More like an expulsion due to an arbitrary mid-season rule change. And his multitude of promotions vastly outweighs that, anyway. There's always a subtle undercurrent of nastiness and hostility that accompanies your posts about MM, something that'll always boggle me.
It was an attempt at humour but obviously wasted on you at least!!
BTW it is not nastiness or hostility for heaven's sake just because someone does not 100% share your view on MM. I think this season he was average at best and we should not have been where we were when COVID intervened.. you I am sure disagree but I don't go on about your views.

kennyspint
kennyspint
02 July, 2020 23:09
I don't suppose it makes a blind bit of difference but please don't go Mickey. You have regained the feeling between the fans and the club. Anyway if you do go Thanks for everything

Loyden1
Loyden1
02 July, 2020 23:22
He's been given the green light to have talks with them according to latest news. Hope he doesn't go but good luck to him if he does

ScottishFan
ScottishFan
02 July, 2020 23:28
A journalist that's known to be pretty spot on in Scotland (But it's the Sun so I won't link) has confirmed that United have been given permission by Tranmere to have talks.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
03 July, 2020 00:37
I saw that piece in the Sun. Sounds like they're talking to a lot of candidates at the moment.

It's probably only fair we should allow him to talk to a Premier division club if they ask, chances like that don't come around too often. But, if Hearts win their legal case, Dundee United might well have their promotion to the Premier division overturned!

the kav
the kav
03 July, 2020 08:14
Its malky Mackay's to lose I've heard

Viking Tranmere
Crazylegs Cranebird
03 July, 2020 08:54
I hope he doesnt go. He has that "Special One" status.

If he does it will be Lowe - and he will be good for Tranmere.

ADD
ADD
03 July, 2020 09:20
Quote:
Crazylegs Cranebird
I hope he doesnt go. He has that "Special One" status.
If he does it will be Lowe - and he will be good for Tranmere.

You reckon we could afford him?
Challinor and Big Steve would be interesting.

Loyden1
Loyden1
03 July, 2020 09:40
Quote:
the kav
hope so took the 8/1

Zint
Zint
03 July, 2020 10:16
Clint Hill. Lives locally, experienced as assistant manager at Fleetwood, best option.

Prenton Pirate
Prenton Pirate
03 July, 2020 10:37
Why would Lowe leave Plymouth? Massive club with lots of potential. Paul Cook might become available or John McGreal. Hopefully all this is speculation. We've been here twice before with St Mirren & Swansea.

the kav
the kav
03 July, 2020 12:08
Quote:
Loyden1
Quote:
the kav
hope so took the 8/1

God I doubley hope I'm right now mate

the baldy one
the baldy one
03 July, 2020 12:22
All these rumours about micky mellon going to dundee united are just a storm in a bra cup - sorry tea cup. there is no way micky will walk out. he will want to get us promoted back to league one. so there is nothing to worry about at all. the scottish sun is the scottish sun - what more can you say. last year he was odds on to be the new manager of swansea city - so do not believe anything you read about magic micky leaving.

the kav
the kav
03 July, 2020 12:27
Quote:
the baldy one
All these rumours about micky mellon going to dundee united are just a storm in a bra cup - sorry tea cup. there is no way micky will walk out. he will want to get us promoted back to league one. so there is nothing to worry about at all. the scottish sun is the scottish sun - what more can you say. last year he was odds on to be the new manager of swansea city - so do not believe anything you read about magic micky leaving.

You mean a d cup

Kentexile
Kentexile
03 July, 2020 13:55
Quote:
Kentexile
Are we really doing this one again?

That aged well

the baldy one
the baldy one
03 July, 2020 14:00
Yes these rumours about micky mellon going to swansea city last year and now dundee united are a compliment to him. this proves that we have one of the best managers in the lower divisions and that other clubs want him. not many managers have got 5 promotions on their cv. if as the scottish sun says that mickey is talking to dundee united - surely the owners would of released a statement. so thats why i would not even give this story the time of day.

prentonpete1
prentonpete1
03 July, 2020 14:05
It wouldn't bother me if he does go there are plenty of experienced managers around to fill the spot .What we need is a total overhaul of playing staff get rid of the geriatrics and the bad buys if he goes he might take Paine and Ray with him.
End this farce about court cases spend the money wisely .It's not a given thing promotion it will take some doing to get out of this league again there are teams who are still willing to spend there way out and all know who they are.
Next season will be very different to what we know whenever it does start.
I have not renewed my season card for the first time in a lot of years, and will chose my games from now on.
I'm sorry but I want to see games live not an empty stadium.Good luck I think were might need it.

the baldy one
the baldy one
03 July, 2020 14:10
Just been on the official twitter pages etc of dundee united - there is absolutely no mention whatsoever of micky mellon talking to them. surely if they were due to interview someone- they would mention it on their official twitter site etc. so thats why this story is a load of old conkers. lets celebrate getting promoted next season with magic micky as our manager.

the kav
the kav
03 July, 2020 14:22
Tranmere have not even been approached according to the local dundee rag

Uptonrover
Uptonrover
03 July, 2020 14:22
Clubs dont generally tend to announce who they are interviewing baldy, it gives potential rival clubs the heads up that managers are available. Hopefully its nothing but if it is he is under contract so will cost them and we move on.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
03 July, 2020 14:36
Quote:
prentonpete1
It wouldn't bother me if he does go there are plenty of experienced managers around to fill the spot .What we need is a total overhaul of playing staff get rid of the geriatrics and the bad buys if he goes he might take Paine and Ray with him.
End this farce about court cases spend the money wisely .It's not a given thing promotion it will take some doing to get out of this league again there are teams who are still willing to spend there way out and all know who they are.
Next season will be very different to what we know whenever it does start.
I have not renewed my season card for the first time in a lot of years, and will chose my games from now on.
I'm sorry but I want to see games live not an empty stadium.Good luck I think were might need it.

Is there a bright side, Pete? Ever?

efc0trfc3
efc0trfc3
03 July, 2020 14:56
Quote:
Prenton Pirate
Why would Lowe leave Plymouth? Massive club with lots of potential. Paul Cook might become available or John McGreal. Hopefully all this is speculation. We've been here twice before with St Mirren & Swansea.
McGreal's Colchester play horrible shithousery football, no thanks.

the baldy one
the baldy one
03 July, 2020 15:24
I honestly think malky mackay will get the dundee united gig. at the moment he is one of the big cheeses in scottish football and a few years ago he was the manager of cardiff city. i am not a betting man, but if i was i would stick my bet on big malky getting the job.

Shaumbra
Shaumbra
03 July, 2020 16:53
Dundee United given permission by Tranmere Rovers to speak to manager Micky Mellon about Tangerines vacancy
[www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk]

“Physical reality is actually a mirror: Your physical reality is just a reflection of what you most strongly believe to be true. And like a mirror, physical reality will not change unless you change first”

The Big J
The Big J
03 July, 2020 18:35
The question is does the manager want to be a big fish in a small pond or a small fish in a big pond?

gloucester white
gloucester white
03 July, 2020 19:04
Quote:
The Big J
The question is does the manager want to be a big fish in a small pond or a small fish in a big pond?
Which is the big pond, Tranmere or Dundee United?

Bored rover
Bored rover
03 July, 2020 21:31
He’s number 1 pick apparently, same source who said he had an interview.

warren r
Wozza
03 July, 2020 21:42
Good luck if he goes thanks for the memories if he stays good luck tough times ahead

ScottishFan
ScottishFan
03 July, 2020 22:41
Sun says it's just down to the two clubs agreeing compensation now.

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69
03 July, 2020 23:41
Well,I ,for one, certainly hope you stay Mickey.But if you go it will be thanks for the memories and I wish you well just like Nors last year.

Kentexile
Kentexile
04 July, 2020 01:03
Skybet has him as 1/8, they think he's 44 times more likely to get the job than the 2nd favourite

Prenton Pirate
Prenton Pirate
04 July, 2020 02:31
If it's all true then hopefully Micky can give us a parting gift. Stefan Payne & George Ray in a straight swap for Lawrence Shankland.

Bored rover
Bored rover
04 July, 2020 06:15
This is terrible terrible news, he will be announced this afternoon apparently, really happy for him if he gets the job but we’ve been relegated aren’t signing any players until we know our budget are bickering with the EFL and now look like loosing the manager.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2020 06:17 by Bored rover.

ADD
ADD
04 July, 2020 06:36
Apparently yes - in Scottish Sun just personal terms to be agreed and finalised today.... been in discussions since Thursday.

Bored rover
Bored rover
04 July, 2020 06:42
Hopefully a decent compensation agreement has been reached 🤞

the baldy one
the baldy one
04 July, 2020 07:48
Just a thought - could i be quite cynical and say due to the fact we have been relegated and lost loads of money due to the virus - the only way to get some of it back is to let our manager leave and get compensation for him due to the fact he is still under contract for one more year.

gary anderson
gary anderson
04 July, 2020 09:13
Well the sun ie beano with @#$%&. Says it's done and dusted he is gone to Dundee .if true then now we start looking for replacement .not a easy choice

Mogsy66
Mogsy66
04 July, 2020 09:25
If he goes . I wish him well hes gave us some fantastic days . The only thing which makes it all the sadder is that we cant give him the farewell he deserves . I've questioned some of his decisions but the man has given us all some great times . My worry is Mark has to get next appointment right which he hasn't always done . That along with not signing players until a season date has been confirmed is a real worry . I see some clubs snapping people up , could be genius decision by them or disastrous if season start is delayed further .
Anyways Good luck Micky, thank you for the memories if you go

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2020 09:26 by Mogsy66.

Viking Tranmere
Crazylegs Cranebird
04 July, 2020 09:39
This is got Ryan Lowe written all over it, absolutely.
He is not going to Bolton as they are appointing the Barrow guy.
If it is Lowe, I hope he brings Danny Mayor with him.
Corey- Ferrier- Mayor: that would be a hell of a strike force for next season.

And with the compo, we may actually benefit from this.

Thanks Micky & Jacko - you are forever our heroes.

Get ready for Ryan Lowe's Super White Army.....

TRFC is #8 on Wirral's new Viking Trail
[www.facebook.com] 👊👊

Uptonrover
Uptonrover
04 July, 2020 09:47
Cant see Lowe going anywhere. League 1 football, promotion good feeing, average attendance of over 10k and massive potential. To come here? L2, squad rebuild with no money? Lets not forget he fell out with Mayor and there were rumours Mayor was coming here Jan gone. Not happening

dave-p
dave-p
04 July, 2020 10:22
Best of luck, Micky. It's been one hell of a ride.

I think we're going to miss him.

Zint
Zint
04 July, 2020 11:06
If Micky goes I wish him well for the future. No complaints.

Prenton Pirate
Prenton Pirate
04 July, 2020 11:10
Good luck to him. 2nd only to Kingy in best Rovers list of managers. Arabs are a bit of a sleeping giant and are a massive club. No pressure as they can't win the league, a top 6 finish, maybe European football and a cup run and everyone's happy.

DevonExile
DevonExile
04 July, 2020 11:22
MM has served us well . It has often been said that he is Tranmere through and through and I am sure he has affection for the club but the reality for players and managers alike is that in a precarious career few can afford to turn down opportunities when they arise.
The fact that we have signed no one yet is a positive for it gives the new manager a free hand. The downside is that we have not really made decisions about who should go and who should be retained and that is harder for a new manager to determine. The uncertainty arising may make players like Jennings more likely to respond to any offers from other clubs

the kav
the kav
04 July, 2020 15:42
Lowe wont drop a level to join a club with a smaller budget and this will probably cause murder on here but plymouth are a bigger club then us too

Bobby T
Tynan
04 July, 2020 15:57
Ryan Lowe is a Liverpool lad, that is what could persuade him to come to us. Plymouth is a 5 hour drive.

Viking Tranmere
Crazylegs Cranebird
04 July, 2020 16:03
Quote:
Tynan
Ryan Lowe is a Liverpool lad, that is what could persuade him to come to us. Plymouth is a 5 hour drive.

.. also for Danny Mayor

Pitou
Pitou
04 July, 2020 18:44
Quote:
the kav
Lowe wont drop a level to join a club with a smaller budget and this will probably cause murder on here but plymouth are a bigger club then us too

yeah i do agree , we can't even dream about a 10 k crowd like 9,852 is there average , Tranmere is 6,552

the baldy one
the baldy one
04 July, 2020 18:55
Just a thought - does anyone think the owners should of said something by now just to keep us up to date with what is going on. even if micky does stay- i find it quite strange that the manager of any football club is allowed to speak to other clubs without the owners saying anything. it is as if nothing is happening.

MESSAGES->author
Doogie'sGhost
04 July, 2020 19:31
Quote:
Pitou
Quote:
the kav

yeah i do agree , we can't even dream about a 10 k crowd like 9,852 is there average , Tranmere is 6,552
Also bear in mind they are a division below us and where they are. Exeter apart there isn't anyone else in their area - even Yeovil is a good distance and time away. I wouldn't mind betting the average away following was significantly lower than ours was in that same division due to lack of local rivalries and that average attendance probably isn't far off double what ours was in the same division. You would have to go back to our Div 1 heyday to find us getting that sort of average. No doubt Devon can illuminate more. I don't think that the potential of Plymouth is necessarily bigger than ours is, but geography means it is probably a lot easier for them to achieve it than it is for us.

Pitou
Pitou
04 July, 2020 20:50
Quote:
Doogie'sGhost
Quote:
Pitou
Quote:
the kav

Also bear in mind they are a division below us and where they are. Exeter apart there isn't anyone else in their area - even Yeovil is a good distance and time away. I wouldn't mind betting the average away following was significantly lower than ours was in that same division due to lack of local rivalries and that average attendance probably isn't far off double what ours was in the same division. You would have to go back to our Div 1 heyday to find us getting that sort of average. No doubt Devon can illuminate more. I don't think that the potential of Plymouth is necessarily bigger than ours is, but geography means it is probably a lot easier for them to achieve it than it is for us.

i think cause were swamped by the big clubs like Liverpool and so on that i would say Plymouth potential is greater at the minute they sold 6,000 season tickets for last season in league 2 there where games we didn't even get that attendance plus can't find how many Plymouth fans went to Wembley in 2016 but it was a lot more than us from the look of it.And look at the north west teams at the minute in league 1 and 2 all have money problems even before covid-19.The days we use to get a lot of people going are gone sadly.

rossb07
rossb07
04 July, 2020 22:28
Pretty sure someone said their best mate ‘in the know’ said it was a done deal and was being announced today. In the words of Delia “where are you? Let’s be having you”

MESSAGES->author
Phil65
04 July, 2020 22:39
Quote:
Pitou
Quote:
Doogie'sGhost
Quote:
Pitou
Quote:
the kav

i think cause were swamped by the big clubs like Liverpool and so on that i would say Plymouth potential is greater at the minute they sold 6,000 season tickets for last season in league 2 there where games we didn't even get that attendance plus can't find how many Plymouth fans went to Wembley in 2016 but it was a lot more than us from the look of it.And look at the north west teams at the minute in league 1 and 2 all have money problems even before covid-19.The days we use to get a lot of people going are gone sadly.

Argyle had sold 34,023 tickets the day before the Wembley game in 2016, with tickets still available for sale on the day. Clearly a large potential fan base.

Zint
Zint
05 July, 2020 08:39
Quote:
Doogie'sGhost
Quote:
Pitou
Quote:
the kav

Torquay are nearer. May not have the fan base, and are in the National League at the mo, but forgetting them is like an Arsenal supporter not mentioning Tranmere in a discussion about teams near to Everton.

MESSAGES->author
Doogie'sGhost
05 July, 2020 09:40
Didn't forget Torquay, just didn't think they were relevant to a discussion about average attendance because they were in different divisions so wouldn't have taken any fans there. Admittedly I'd forgotten that Yeovil were also back in tier 5 now. That makes the Argyle attendance even more impressive as their next nearest opposition would be Newport, Swindon or Cheltenham.

Mogsy66
Mogsy66
05 July, 2020 11:05
I've been reliably told , they are going to announce hes left whilst announcing a replacement at the same time . I think Mark knows about the meltdowns that will peruse and will try and stop them before it begins .The last thing the club needs now is uncertainty, which Is the only reason it hasnt been officially announced already .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2020 11:06 by Mogsy66.

Prenton Pirate
Prenton Pirate
05 July, 2020 11:26
If the above is correct then it could be Mike Jackson. If he's going to announce Micky's departure and the new man at the same time. It doesn't leave much time for interviews etc. Although I expect there's been many applications already.

the kav
the kav
05 July, 2020 12:18
Quote:
Pitou
Quote:
Doogie'sGhost
Quote:
Pitou
Quote:
the kav

Also bear in mind they are a division below us and where they are. Exeter apart there isn't anyone else in their area - even Yeovil is a good distance and time away. I wouldn't mind betting the average away following was significantly lower than ours was in that same division due to lack of local rivalries and that average attendance probably isn't far off double what ours was in the same division. You would have to go back to our Div 1 heyday to find us getting that sort of average. No doubt Devon can illuminate more. I don't
think that the potential of Plymouth is necessarily bigger than ours is, but geography means it is probably a lot easier for them to achieve it than it is for us.

Fully get what your saying guys but it's not a circumstantial thing your either bigger or not... we cannot say they get 3000 more but they are not a bigger club coz of their lucky geographical location.. it doesnt world that way I'm afraid. You can look all you want for the reasons they are bigger , and there are fair reasons pointed out above however non of that changes the fact

Bored rover
Bored rover
05 July, 2020 12:23
Quote:
Mogsy66
I've been reliably told , they are going to announce hes left whilst announcing a replacement at the same time . I think Mark knows about the meltdowns that will peruse and will try and stop them before it begins .The last thing the club needs now is uncertainty, which Is the only reason it hasnt been officially announced already .

Makes sense I suspect they’ve been planning for this a while now Micky will be on decent money and cuts need making, can’t see it being Jacko sounds like a promotion for Parky and possibly a return to the fold for Shaun then. Or who knows could be a surprise announcement of someone like Adkins....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2020 12:24 by Bored rover.

Mogsy66
Mogsy66
05 July, 2020 12:39
Genuinely have no idea . Just was told off a very reliable person that it was micky out new man in announcement . I'll be very disappointed personally if its Parky or Jacko , think it would stink of cheap option . That said I'll be right behind them and everyone has to start somewhere . I really hope it's a new man with a new set of idea's . I'd imagine Mark will be speaking to people yesterday and today . My gut feeling says Mcgreal , but I'd imagine it's quite an attractive job now a days. But it has to be someone who will continue the passion Micky gave and I see ome guy being able to do that Clint Hill , I'd love to see him with Clarke possibly . Something different .

Bored rover
Bored rover
05 July, 2020 12:42
Quote:
Mogsy66
Genuinely have no idea . Just was told off a very reliable person that it was micky out new man in announcement . I'll be very disappointed personally if its Parky or Jacko , think it would stink of cheap option . That said I'll be right behind them and everyone has to start somewhere . I really hope it's a new man with a new set of idea's . I'd imagine Mark will be speaking to people yesterday and today . My gut feeling says Mcgreal , but I'd imagine it's quite an attractive job now a days. But it has to be someone who will continue the passion Micky gave and I see ome guy being able to do that Clint Hill , I'd love to see him with Clarke possibly . Something different .

Yeah I won’t lie I’d be @#$%& if it was Parky more so if Jacko, but hey they could be the next Sir Alex everyone has to start somewhere and I reckon a Parky team would play great footy

the baldy one
the baldy one
05 July, 2020 12:50
Andy parkinson as manager. is it april fools day. you might aswell give it to mr magoo. people now are just being silly. if andy parkinson was manager, he would take us lower than chester fc. so stop with these stupid ideas. there is one manager who has got a house on the wirral - rafa benitez.

the kav
the kav
05 July, 2020 13:11
Imagine the meltdown at east Stirling when Alex Ferguson was appointed or when shankley was appointed at carlisle .

As for Porto appointing someone that was bobby Robson's translator stupid appointment clearly no managerial experience.

Bored rover
Bored rover
05 July, 2020 13:15
Contact says apparently McGreal has left/will leave his job at Colchester in a similar situation to when Micky left Shrewsbury, fans clamouring for him to go and will be speaking to MP. Just rumour but he was OTM with Dundee

Shaumbra
Shaumbra
05 July, 2020 13:53
Micky Mellon: Dundee United hopeful of appointing Tranmere boss within 48 hours
[www.skysports.com]

“Physical reality is actually a mirror: Your physical reality is just a reflection of what you most strongly believe to be true. And like a mirror, physical reality will not change unless you change first”

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
05 July, 2020 15:28
BBC now reporting it'll be tomorrow [www.bbc.co.uk]

rover87
rover87
05 July, 2020 15:55
Really am shocked by this, given all that has happened lately too did not see this coming, strange one for a club in the SPL yes but what is there to achieve in Scotland? Unless ur Celtic or Rangers youve got no chance must be a good payday for him and obviously a move back up north might be a pull but always felt he loved it here. Big loss but wish him all the best all in all done a great job, personally would like to see Jacko given it

Mogsy66
Mogsy66
05 July, 2020 16:02
Quote:
the baldy one
Andy parkinson as manager. is it april fools day. you might aswell give it to mr magoo. people now are just being silly. if andy parkinson was manager, he would take us lower than chester fc. so stop with these stupid ideas. there is one manager who has got a house on the wirral - rafa benitez.

Sorry mate , but it must be April fools day if you believe Rafa would even give a seconds thought to joining little old Tranmere in league two

Zint
Zint
05 July, 2020 19:52
Quote:
rover87
Really am shocked by this, given all that has happened lately too did not see this coming, strange one for a club in the SPL yes but what is there to achieve in Scotland? Unless ur Celtic or Rangers youve got no chance must be a good payday for him and obviously a move back up north might be a pull but always felt he loved it here. Big loss but wish him all the best all in all done a great job, personally would like to see Jacko given it

Micky, if he does well, would be in with a chance of the Scotland job. It’s not about his ability, it’s about the lack of appropriate candidates for that job. Plus, the money will probably be more than we’re paying him.

Bored rover
Bored rover
05 July, 2020 19:55
Quote:
the baldy one
Andy parkinson as manager. is it april fools day. you might aswell give it to mr magoo. people now are just being silly. if andy parkinson I was manager, he would take us lower than chester fc. so stop with these stupid ideas. there is one manager who has got a house on the wirral - rafa benitez.

@#$%& Benitez! Really he earns more a week than the club is worth, we should throw a bid in for Messi too

Muir the merrier
Muir the merrier
05 July, 2020 20:06
Whatever the outcome I think we're going to find ourselves in a right messi.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34
05 July, 2020 22:00
Quote:
Mogsy66
Quote:
the baldy one

Sorry mate , but it must be April fools day if you believe Rafa would even give a seconds thought to joining little old Tranmere in league two

When Baldy wrote his comments about Parkinson he must have been confusing Parkinson with himself; not least as any new manager right now eventually looking like they were putting Tranmere in a similar situation to Chester, would be sacked before that situation even occurred. Palios wouldn't be doing his job very well if a new incumbent was given enough time to get Tranmere relegated twice, before a whiff the sack was in the air.

I'd trust Parkinson to be better optiona than Baldy thinks, but I'd be seriously calling the Palios' into question if they gave the job to Baldy, but then considering he still hasn't had the cahonjes to outline his history of running clubs and why he is better than Ann Budge, I wouldnt be suprised if Baldy thought he would be a better Tranmre manager than most of the names people have put out on here.

dave-p
dave-p
06 July, 2020 15:14
I would have expected an official statement by now. Could there be a snag in proceedings?

dave-p
dave-p
06 July, 2020 19:43
Thanks for the memories and best of luck, Micky.

Mogsy66
Mogsy66
06 July, 2020 19:52
Cheers Micky . Gave us some great times . Good luck up in Scotland. Seems I was wrong unsurprisingly with a hasty replacement. Glad of that as this has to be the right man . Interesting mark says hes half way to a decent squad, but wierd that with a new man coming in .

Uptonrover
Uptonrover
06 July, 2020 20:14
Thanks for the memories Micky. Will miss the fist pumps. You and the lads gave me my happiest football memories so far shared with my son

Bored rover
Bored rover
06 July, 2020 20:24
So it’s official now. Many hours of debating our next man spear to be Remain.........

philwort
philwort
Cheers Micky for all you did in taking us out of the gloom and back into the light. Good Luck in Scotland. I've appreciated everything you have done for the club.

philwort
philwort
Cheers Micky for all you did in taking us out of the gloom and back into the light. Good Luck in Scotland. I've appreciated everything you have done for the club.

ADD
ADD
06 July, 2020 20:40
Interesting press release.... what do others think?
To me a bit on the terse side - just disappointment perhaps or maybe a degree of disagreement?
Most depressingly of all no mention whatsover of any court action and seeming acceptance we are in L2... so I guess all that talk was just that.... real shame! We have been treated appallingly

MESSAGES->author
Matt34
06 July, 2020 20:59
Quote:
Bored rover
Many hours of debating our next man spear to be Remain.........

Was that spear a typo or you hinting that Mellon's replacement could be Jay Spearing as player-manager? (Sm100)

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69
06 July, 2020 21:14
Thanks Mickey.They were really good years you gave us.Good luck in your new job.👍

Loyden1
Loyden1
06 July, 2020 21:20
Quote:
ADD
Interesting press release.... what do others think?
To me a bit on the terse side - just disappointment perhaps or maybe a degree of disagreement?
Most depressingly of all no mention whatsover of any court action and seeming acceptance we are in L2... so I guess all that talk was just that.... real shame! We have been treated appallingly
I'd say because palios knew he's been applying for every job going that it was inevitable he'd get one sooner or later

Bored rover
Bored rover
06 July, 2020 21:33
Quote:
Matt34
Quote:
Bored rover
Many hours of debating our next man spear to be Remain.........

Was that spear a typo or you hinting that Mellon's replacement could be Jay Spearing as player-manager? (Sm100)

Ha ha just sypo

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2020 21:34 by Bored rover.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net