Discussion started by the kav (IP Logged), 01 July, 2020 12:43
the kav
the kav
01 July, 2020 12:43
To enter administration.... first of many I think

terribletid
terribletid
01 July, 2020 13:06
Key question is how they're all treated.

Easiest thing would be to forego the points deductions etc on the basis that these are exceptional times.

But that effectively punishes well-run clubs like Tranmere who don't live close to the edge all the time. When you're constantly on the brink, any crisis pushes you over.

I wouldn't be surprised to see another self-interested mass club vote to suspend administration penalties, thereby allowing the weaker clubs to massage their financial situations without the appropriate footballing costs.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
01 July, 2020 13:28
Being reported that EFL has said if they finish bottom 3 the 12 point deduction will be carried over to next season, but if they finish outside bottom 3 the 12 point deduction is this season.

Zint
Zint
01 July, 2020 13:42
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
Being reported that EFL has said if they finish bottom 3 the 12 point deduction will be carried over to next season, but if they finish outside bottom 3 the 12 point deduction is this season.

If you were a Huddersfield supporter you’d be miffed

Bored rover
Bored rover
01 July, 2020 13:46
I’m sure they will survive, entering administration will clear some of the debt to allow a buyer to be found, so League 1 for Wigan next season not a bad move for them really given the size of the club.

the kav
the kav
01 July, 2020 14:13
Just read Wigan were taken over 4 weeks ago.... fit and proper persons policy strikes again it seems

Bored rover
Bored rover
01 July, 2020 14:26
Quote:
the kav
Just read Wigan were taken over 4 weeks ago.... fit and proper persons policy strikes again it seems

it was a significant investment, ownership never changed hands according to Sky 5 minutes ago

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2020 14:26 by Bored rover.

Viking Tranmere
Crazylegs Cranebird
01 July, 2020 14:30
Quote:
Zint
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy

legal challenge thumbs down

Uptonrover
Uptonrover
01 July, 2020 14:34
Vote to see what rules apply and suit the others?

Bored rover
Bored rover
01 July, 2020 14:41
Quote:
Bored rover
Quote:
the kav

it was a significant investment, ownership never changed hands according to Sky 5 minutes ago

Sky now saying it was a change of ownership how difficult to get it right?

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
01 July, 2020 14:53
Quote:
Crazylegs Cranebird
Quote:
Zint
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy

Can't see why. No negative impact on Huddersfield. Might even save them.

Loyden1
Loyden1
01 July, 2020 16:03
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
Quote:
Crazylegs Cranebird
Quote:
Zint
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy

thought be good for huddersfield

the kav
the kav
01 July, 2020 16:39
Quote:
Bored rover
Quote:
Bored rover
Quote:
the kav

Sky now saying it was a change of ownership how difficult to get it right?

That's why I dont watch it bored rover. Thanks for the updates mate

Zint
Zint
02 July, 2020 09:59
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
Quote:
Crazylegs Cranebird
Quote:
Zint
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy

Apologies, I misread something earlier. So you’re right, it would favour Huddersfield 👍

Viking Tranmere
Crazylegs Cranebird
02 July, 2020 11:27
Quote:
Zint
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy

or Stoke if they end up in the bottom 3. Wigan just beat them 3-0 with Bury-styled players they cannot afford. Doesnt that = cheating?

DevonExile
DevonExile
02 July, 2020 11:49
It could be argued that they could afford it before lockdown. Current circumstances make it hard assume that financial struggle equals profligacy. Many we'll run organisations are in serious trouble

the baldy one
the baldy one
02 July, 2020 15:31
Talking about wigan athletic - anyone remember the old springfield park stadium. it was worse than birkenhead park. if i am correct, there was a hill bank in the away end and it was awful.

Loyden1
Loyden1
02 July, 2020 16:31
Quote:
the baldy one
Talking about wigan athletic - anyone remember the old springfield park stadium. it was worse than birkenhead park. if i am correct, there was a hill bank in the away end and it was awful.
old railway sleepers as terraces. I stood on them in 1967/8fa cup replay in the snow. Big crowd about 12000+.health and safety wouldn't have allowed it on .

CosterD
CosterD
02 July, 2020 17:23
I went to Springfield Park around 1970 and stood on that bank. It had more grass on it than the pitch which was a sea of mud.

the kav
the kav
02 July, 2020 20:34
Yes hill bank with a hut on top..... cracking chippee over the road though

MESSAGES->author
Matt34
02 July, 2020 21:51
Springfield Park sounds like somewhere an American baseball team would play. It was never highly rated on quality or considered picturesque, but Wigan was the first and I think still is the only EFL side to ever have 3 spaniards in the starting lineup, Roberto Martinez, Jesus Seba and Isidro Diaz.

The three of them even got to experience career highs like a first round FA cup match against Runcorn, which Wigan won 3-0, I think.

Though it is now quite obvious that Martinez went on to have the much higher profile in later years than the other two.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Loyden1
Loyden1
02 July, 2020 23:48
According to a recorded chat with a fan rick parry mentioned that wigan are the subject of a massive bet in the Philippines to be relegated. The owner is a big Chinese gambler. Parry didn't realise he was being recorded

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
03 July, 2020 00:31
He said the betting story was a rumour. But his judgment is still being called into question, even though the EFL have supported him tonight.

Ironically, earlier today the EFL urged the government not to ban sponsorship from gambling companies!

Viking Tranmere
Crazylegs Cranebird
03 July, 2020 09:27
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
He said the betting story was a rumour. But his judgment is still being called into question, even though the EFL have supported him tonight.
Ironically, earlier today the EFL urged the government not to ban sponsorship from gambling companies!

They have to support him outside but I guess behind the scenes they are maybe realising he has become a liability. He has tried to harm our club so he can expect no support from us.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2020 12:23 by Crazylegs Cranebird.

Viking Tranmere
Crazylegs Cranebird
03 July, 2020 09:35
... and maybe this is the time for us to strike with our legal action.

Old Viking strategy - strike when your enemy is at his weakest. TODAY.

TRFC is #8 on Wirral's new Viking Trail
[www.facebook.com] 👊👊

Kennel
Kennel
03 July, 2020 10:22
Reading the recent Club Statement re deleting Twitter comments our fans have made is VERY interesting reading!! EFL have a lot to answer for .

Viking Tranmere
Crazylegs Cranebird
03 July, 2020 10:24
Definitely time for Mark to roll that cannon out he showed us a fortnight ago - and fire it!

TRFC is #8 on Wirral's new Viking Trail
[www.facebook.com] 👊👊

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2020 12:25 by Crazylegs Cranebird.

philwort
philwort
03 July, 2020 10:25
Maybe he will open a bookies 'Parry power'

Uptonrover
Uptonrover
03 July, 2020 19:55
Having a read on the Wigan forum (yes im that bored tonight) potentially the EFL have sanctioned and passed a fit and proper person test on a person “that nobody at wigan can find a record of”. On twitter a user by the twitter name of @mfemigs has a rather long explanation of the owner Stanley Choi transferring the club ownership to Au Yeung Wai Kay after their game v Huddersfield. They drifted out to 250/1 to be relegated after the stoke game when aledgedly a 70k bet was placed in the phillipines on them to be relegated. An interesting read if you can be bothered. Cue the circus music

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2020 19:59 by Uptonrover.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34
03 July, 2020 19:57
Quote:
Crazylegs Cranebird
He has tried to harm our club so he can expect no support from us.

He took a decision that relegated Tranmere, but the insinuation that he tried to harm the club is a bit spurious, as unless you have any secret footage or audio, where he is heard claiming to want Tranmere harmed, then your comment would seem to hold little water.

Viking Tranmere
Crazylegs Cranebird
04 July, 2020 09:27
Quote:
Matt34
Quote:
Crazylegs Cranebird
He has tried to harm our club so he can expect no support from us.

He took a decision that relegated Tranmere, but the insinuation that he tried to harm the club is a bit spurious, as unless you have any secret footage or audio, where he is heard claiming to want Tranmere harmed, then your comment would seem to hold little water.

Its in the sense that relegating us - and many of us believe unfairly - has done us harm Matt - look at the redundancies. He cannot be surprised if we do not support him in the future - nor any of the others who have voted us down.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34
04 July, 2020 16:05
You're right redundancies have occurred and that is not an easy pill to swallow for many. I too don't feel anything other than a sense of negativity for those who lost their jobs, that is a tough outcome, but whilst the decision caused harm to some peoples lives and the clubs ability to generate money, the insinuation that Rick Parry tried to harm the club is still spurious, without intending any disrespect to you personally.

It is more than likely that Parry harmed the club unintentionally rather than intentionally, as I believe he would hardly be the sort of person regardless of what some think, to be revelling in the knowledge that people he didn't know became unemployed, because of a decision he took. I don't think he's a cold-hearted B word, that doesn't care about other people in the slightest, as he's not some iraqi nutter with a love of weapons and a hatred of westerners, so I'd like to think although he is not popular right now, he is not as bad as the worthless detritous I just eluded to.

I don't agree with Parry's decision that relegated Tranmere, but unlike the aforementioned detritous, I would not want the American's to launch drone strikes on his house whilst he's sleeping.

I too wanted Tranmere to be spared the drop, by some means seen as a more fully considered proposal, but my own feelings are that Parry's decision has caused harm to people associated with the club and to it's financial future, but in a way that was unintended, not because he wanted to harm the club like some sort of unfeeling, uncaring psycho.

Bored rover
Bored rover
04 July, 2020 16:57
Dave Whelan will buy the club back out of administration

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net