Latest news:

National League Playoffs
Discussion started by mogsysmullet (IP Logged), 30 June, 2020 11:49
mogsysmullet
mogsysmullet
30 June, 2020 11:49
Hopefully by now we've all accepted we will be in League 2 next season (even if accepted begrudgingly).

There is a lot of Northern games for us. Who would you prefer to win the National League playoffs?

For myself Halifax not just because they are northern but Halifax away was a class away day in the NL to be fair.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 30/06/2020 14:25 by mogsysmullet.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
30 June, 2020 12:07
The FA still hasn't sanctioned the VNL plans for deciding sporting outcomes, including the playoffs. Bearing in mind the EFL included the condition that relegation from L2 will only happen "provided we have assurances that the National League will start season 2020/21 (i.e. the relegated Club in League Two has somewhere to play)", and those assurances haven't yet been provided, this leaves a question mark over whether the playoffs will go ahead - if L2 doesn't relegate, there's no 2nd promotion place available.

Even if they go ahead forget about Stockport - they didn't qualify for the playoffs! 11th placed Barnet got the last play off place thanks to our old chum, PPG.

As for our chances of survival, things should become clearer within the next week, maybe even this week, as events in Scotland and Belgium unfold.

MESSAGES->author
Phil65
30 June, 2020 12:15
That big old terrace at Halifax is a rarity these days; feels like you could cram several thousand in there. Halifax is also a surprisingly nice place to visit. I think most of the SWA that I came across were half-cut, which helps with the perception of the day. I remember it being rammed in the pub and cursing how poor Eastleigh were v Macc.
Stockport always had half-decent away support, so I'd go 50:50 (if only that was possible!); Halifax away, Stockport at home!

P.S. I should have checked the facts, rather than go with the flow and have a carefree and dreamy head on. Thanks Aldo, Mr Anti-Fantasy, Pro-Fact and Dream Stifler!
Stare into the mirror and state his name three times and he shall appear "Aldo, Aldo........." 😇

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/06/2020 12:23 by Phil65.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
30 June, 2020 12:33
As you're asking... (Sm6)

Boreham Wood are in the playoffs. Dare to dream, Phil!

Bored rover
Bored rover
30 June, 2020 14:19
Stockport

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
30 June, 2020 14:58
Quote:
Bored rover
Stockport

Stick a tenner on them.. (Sm160)

gary anderson
gary anderson
30 June, 2020 15:10
Halifax was a great day and not a bad ground .but be great to play Stockport again takes me back to the old div 4 had some real great games with Stockport.

the kav
the kav
30 June, 2020 17:17
Barnet as weve never played them.... failing that anyone but borehamwood

martyd12
martyd12
30 June, 2020 21:09
Harrogate would be a great day out!

Loyden1
Loyden1
30 June, 2020 22:15
Quote:
martyd12
Harrogate would be a great day out!
yes mart stayed over a few times some great pubs

kennyspint
kennyspint
30 June, 2020 22:33
Halifax and Stockport

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net