Latest news:

Hong Kong Rover to London Rover
Discussion started by hong kong rover (IP Logged), 28 June, 2020 21:16
MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
28 June, 2020 21:16
Got some news to tell all you guys, my 30 years in HK and SE Asia has come to an end..i arrived back on UK shores 3 weeks ago and am back for good..i am living in Southgate in N.London ( Tottenham country ) with a good friend that used to live n work in HK for 18 years but 2 yearsago he came back to UK for good...HKs golden days have well truly come to an end, my work dried up ( mainly coz of covid ), so expensive to live there now, with extortionate rents and increasing prices, tons of political turmoil, mass civil unrest, protests and the Beijing authorities looming large over the territory.. HK is FINISHED. and quite a few of my HK pals are leaving the place..to survive as a westerner in HK now you need to be on a lucrative expat deal with all its benefits, and i have never been part of that..i was Asiaed out to be honest chaps and feel as though i have done my time over there. i arrived in HK 28 years ago with 50 quid in my pocket after backpacking all over Asia for 18 months beforehand and i left HK 3weeks ago with 50 quid in my pocket..god knows what the future holds, i am penniless and homeless and if it wasnt for my pal in Southgate i would be on the streets..had a ball over the past 30 years but now find myself ogling at white women and eating chips. lol . but no desire to go back to that part of the world..i thought about chancing my luck in Vietnam or Thailand or even reigniting a relationship with my old Indonesian girlfriend on the island of Java but i am Asiaed out and have had enough..hoping i can find employment of some sort or possibly get some assistance off the UK gov't..expecting a rough tough ride ahead but hoping things will work out for me..

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 29/06/2020 00:09 by hong kong rover.

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades
28 June, 2020 22:18
Welcome home London Rover disappointing it had to end that way but, your well out of it. HK is a ticking timebomb and when it explodes all hell, is going to break loose.

I don't know what you do for a living but, if you believe the PM, construction and infrastructure works in particular will be booming.

At least when Co-Vid is under control and we can actual watch games again you can re-join the SWA.

Best of Luck

MESSAGES->author
Phil65
28 June, 2020 22:20
Good luck HKR. Hope things work out for you on the employment front and you're back on your feet soon. I'm sure you won't go short of offers of a pie, a pint and a ticket to watch the Rovers when we play down south!

Loyden1
Loyden1
28 June, 2020 23:40
Sorry to hear mate hope you can get some work. I think you are a teacher so maybe something could work out. Tell us all what u are looking for cos u never know someone may have contacts

MESSAGES->author
Elvis
29 June, 2020 01:08
Good luck, HKR. I hope things work out.

ADD
ADD
29 June, 2020 05:58
Yeah all the best HKR I spent 6 years in SE Asia. beautiful countries, great people (mostly) but yes you do get Asiaed out - me after only 6 years.... the bureaucracy, the corruption (police checkpoint fines everywhere), the racism - yes everywhere - have to pay more to go into a national park if you are a foreigner etc. etc. even the weather gets to you afrer a while - 27 degrees sounds great but when that is a cool day and every day for months is over 30 degrees it gets to you....Still go back every year but now only for a holiday and to play golf with some mates...
Hope you get a job sorted soon... at least a trip to watch the Whites won't cost so much!!

Uglybob
Uglybob
29 June, 2020 07:35
Good Luck HKR , hope things go well for you . On the bright side , once the current situation is over you can get to see some live Blues !

Temple Road
Temple Road
29 June, 2020 08:44
Welcome back mate,I hope you get on your feet soon. I know all the forum wish you well.

Keep the Faith

dave-p
dave-p
29 June, 2020 09:55
Best of luck, HKR. A mate of mine just went back to Canada from HK too. Not a great place to be at the moment for many reasons.

jal jal
jal jal
29 June, 2020 10:11
I'm still here HKR welcome back & hope you get sorted with a job soon.

Prenton Pirate
Prenton Pirate
29 June, 2020 10:16
Welcome back to these shores HKR. Start you're own band. Quite mean on the triangle myself.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29/06/2020 10:17 by Prenton Pirate.

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69
29 June, 2020 10:34
Welcome back.Hope everything turns out well for you.

the kav
the kav
29 June, 2020 10:50
Crikey if your in southgate you will need to start reading the jewish Chronicle hkr

Kentexile
Kentexile
29 June, 2020 11:00
Good luck settling back and welcome to the southeast SWA!

Marlow!'s foot
Marlow!'s foot
29 June, 2020 12:10
Uni Fides Ibi Lux et Robur.

Marlow!'s foot
Marlow!'s foot
29 June, 2020 12:12
Ubi. Damned predictive text. All the best HKR.

TwelfthofMay-ResurrectionDay
TwelfthofMay-ResurrectionDay
29 June, 2020 12:46
Yeah - hope you don't end up regretting moving from one authoritarian self-serving regime to another authoritarian self-serving one!

Oh, and make sure your new front door isn't built on the eye of a dragon(Sm14)

Tranman
Tranman
29 June, 2020 15:06
Quote:
hong kong rover
Got some news to tell all you guys, my 30 years in HK and SE Asia has come to an end..i arrived back on UK shores 3 weeks ago and am back for good..i am living in Southgate in N.London ( Tottenham country ) with a good friend that used to live n work in HK for 18 years but 2 yearsago he came back to UK for good...HKs golden days have well truly come to an end, my work dried up ( mainly coz of covid ), so expensive to live there now, with extortionate rents and increasing prices, tons of political turmoil, mass civil unrest, protests and the Beijing authorities looming large over the territory.. HK is FINISHED. and quite a few of my HK pals are leaving the place..to survive as a westerner in HK now you need to be on a lucrative expat deal with all its benefits, and i have never been part of that..i was Asiaed out to be honest chaps and feel as though i have done my time over there. i arrived in HK 28 years ago with 50 quid in my pocket after backpacking all over Asia for 18 months beforehand and i left HK 3weeks ago with 50 quid in my pocket..god knows what the future holds, i am penniless and homeless and if it wasnt for my pal in Southgate i would be on the streets..had a ball over the past 30 years but now find myself ogling at white women and eating chips. lol . but no desire to go back to that part of the world..i thought about chancing my luck in Vietnam or Thailand or even reigniting a relationship with my old Indonesian girlfriend on the island of Java but i am Asiaed out and have had enough..hoping i can find employment of some sort or possibly get some assistance off the UK gov't..expecting a rough tough ride ahead but hoping things will work out for me..

HKR, I find your post very interesting, as I am sure others do as well. With time on your hands, have you thought of writing a book about your time in Asia? I suspect it would be a very good read.

MESSAGES->author
Doogie'sGhost
29 June, 2020 16:13
Good luck HKR. It will save you a small fortune in air fare to watch Rovers in playoff finals if nothing else! I suspect you will be well out of HK in the next few years.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34
29 June, 2020 19:40
Quote:
Uglybob
On the bright side , once the current situation is over you can get to see some live Blues !

Are you trying to convert him into a Chelsea fan? (Sm6) (Sm6)

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

the kav
the kav
29 June, 2020 21:06
We are alm here if you need help or advice hkr

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net