Latest news:

Academy
Discussion started by Hampshire White (IP Logged), 31 May, 2020 09:50
Hampshire White
Hampshire White
31 May, 2020 09:50
Just a quick question, who was it that made us close our youth teams when we got relegated to the Nation League. Was it the EFL? I can't remember.

This is @#$%&
This is sh1t
31 May, 2020 10:30
Quote:
Hampshire White
Just a quick question, who was it that made us close our youth teams when we got relegated to the Nation League. Was it the EFL? I can't remember.

I think we chose to close ourselves and changed the approach as kids where going to other clubs for next to nothing, so focus on released young players who don’t get pro contracts

Hampshire White
Hampshire White
31 May, 2020 11:52
Thanks TIS, I appreciate the response. 👍

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
31 May, 2020 12:09
Pretty sure relegation to the NL meant we no longer received some/all the central (EFL?) funding for youth development too.

MESSAGES->author
Doogie'sGhost
31 May, 2020 12:41
We did receive funding for the first two years I believe. It was the youth level, u16, teams that stopped rather than the older ones - who can't get poached as I understand it. Ironically a number of the players went to Bury.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net