Latest news:

Possible League 2 PlayOffs
Discussion started by martyd12 (IP Logged), 30 May, 2020 22:20
martyd12
martyd12
30 May, 2020 22:20
Covid tests have taken place at 3 of the clubs who might contest any playoffs. Seven players have tested positive. That seems a high figure to me. Might the playoffs be scuppered as a result thus indirectly saving Rovers. Certainly at one time there would have been no question of games taking place!

jim rockford
jim rockford
30 May, 2020 22:33
Quote:
martyd12
Covid tests have taken place at 3 of the clubs who might contest any playoffs. Seven players have tested positive. That seems a high figure to me. Might the playoffs be scuppered as a result thus indirectly saving Rovers. Certainly at one time there would have been no question of games taking place!
They would probably try to promote the team that finished 4th anything to get Tranmere down.

Viking Tranmere
Crazylegs Cranebird
31 May, 2020 01:19
Quote:
jim rockford
Quote:
martyd12
They would probably try to promote the team that finished 4th anything to get Tranmere down.

That is the feeling coming out. "No-one likes us, we don't care". And they wouldnt have finished 4th: 4th place team with 10 games to go.

Pitou
Pitou
05 June, 2020 17:09
They would even promote Newport cause they didn't want us the win the play off final and EFL are doing there best to wipe are 2nd promotion off the map

Tranmere Tinker
Tranmere Tinker
05 June, 2020 17:20
Quote:
jim rockford

You really think people are targeting Tranmere? If it was any other club in tranmere's position they would be doing exactly the same

Bored rover
Bored rover
05 June, 2020 18:00
Quote:
Tranmere Tinker
Quote:
jim rockford

You really think people are targeting Tranmere? If it was any other club in tranmere's position they would be doing exactly the same

I agree, it’s an absurd notion.

Viking Tranmere
Crazylegs Cranebird
06 June, 2020 17:19
Fingers crossed they all lose
(Sm7)

TRFC is #8 on Wirral's new Viking Trail
[www.facebook.com] 👊👊

Viking Tranmere
Crazylegs Cranebird
07 June, 2020 21:29
Maybe Mark as an 11th hour compromise could get us a place to compete against the L2 play-off teams.

TRFC is #8 on Wirral's new Viking Trail
[www.facebook.com] 👊👊

jal jal
jal jal
07 June, 2020 22:58
That's not the right having to play off against a League 2 team, you should be in a play off mini league against Wimbledon, Rochdale, & MK Dons, they are all the ones that are within 5pts of you & the team to finish bottom of the mini league gets relegated.
Would you think that was fair
I really hope Rovers stay up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2020 23:08 by jal jal.

Viking Tranmere
Crazylegs Cranebird
07 June, 2020 23:30
Quote:
jal jal
That's not the right having to play off against a League 2 team, you should be in a play off mini league against Wimbledon, Rochdale, & MK Dons, they are all the ones that are within 5pts of you & the team to finish bottom of the mini league gets relegated.
Thanks Jaljal

That unfortunately is not going to happen. Getting us into the League 2's might, and we should have fought for that right from the start.

Bored rover
Bored rover
08 June, 2020 20:43
Quote:
jal jal

Not fair either, you can’t just lump 3 teams in, in theory all could survive and Bolton and Sarfend aren’t mathematically relegated yet so why leave them out? Realistically even Lincoln could get drawn in having played one more game than Rovers and Rochdale being only 10 points clear of us and 6 clear of Rochdale with 30 points up for grabs. Potentially Bristol Rovers and Blackpool both on 35 games with 45 points would be dragged in with 2 or 3 defeats.

jal jal
jal jal
08 June, 2020 23:31
I agree with you that you can't just lump 3 teams in from L1 neither can you lump in a team from Div 2 when there are 4 teams in Div2 in play off positions still in with a chance of getting that final place with 9 & 10 games left to play.
So that's unfair also.
What ever the EFL decide it will most likely be unfair to some team or teams.
But as of yet we are not privy to what they will decide.
I'm a supporter of City & a Fan of Rovers so I hope both teams survive.

Viking Tranmere
Crazylegs Cranebird
09 June, 2020 07:18
Quote:
Bored rover
Quote:
jal jal

Not fair either, you can’t just lump 3 teams in, in theory all could survive and Bolton and Sarfend aren’t mathematically relegated yet so why leave them out? Realistically even Lincoln could get drawn in having played one more game than Rovers and Rochdale being only 10 points clear of us and 6 clear of Rochdale with 30 points up for grabs. Potentially Bristol Rovers and Blackpool both on 35 games with 45 points would be dragged in with 2 or 3 defeats.

Bristol Rovers to their credit say they want to play on.. (for their fans who want to watch on ifollow). I think Blackpool were intending too but because this has been drawn out (probably deliberately) are unsure.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net