Latest news:

Lincoln
Discussion started by DevonExile (IP Logged), 29 May, 2020 18:51
DevonExile
DevonExile
29 May, 2020 18:51
I see Lincoln have released 11 players today.
The chances of us launching a successful legal case are negligible and one of the prices would be getting stuck an a planning limbo, whilst waiting a decision when others are getting on and planning for the future

Viking Tranmere
Crazylegs Cranebird
29 May, 2020 19:00
Quote:
DevonExile
I see Lincoln have released 11 players today.
The chances of us launching a successful legal case are negligible and one of the prices would be getting stuck an a planning limbo, whilst waiting a decision when others are getting on and planning for the future

We can do both. What we need to do is make it widely known through the media next weekend - just before the vote - that we are donating the Crowd Fund to Food Parcels if legal action is not necessary.

stek26
stek26
29 May, 2020 19:53
Eardley would be a good solid signing for FB

MESSAGES->author
Matt34
29 May, 2020 20:17
Where did Lincoln release the players? Back into their natural habitat, or in the Yorkshire moors to fend for themselves? (Sm7)

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

jal jal
jal jal
29 May, 2020 22:28
I think these cuts to squad size at this stage not knowing when or if the season will continue have to be done to give most of the teams in Div 1 & Div 2 & below any real chance of survival.
Obviously the more well off teams in our division probably won't have to make such drastic cuts to their squads as the rest of us will have to.
I think the City manager and the Rovers manager have both said that the way forward in the future will be through producing your own players through the youth set ups to produce sell on wealth for the club & players for the first team to help finances in the future progress of both clubs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29/05/2020 22:30 by jal jal.

Bored rover
Bored rover
29 May, 2020 23:37
Quote:
jal jal
I think these cuts to squad size at this stage not knowing when or if the season will continue have to be done to give most of the teams in Div 1 & Div 2 & below any real chance of survival.
Obviously the more well off teams in our division probably won't have to make such drastic cuts to their squads as the rest of us will have to.
I think the City manager and the Rovers manager have both said that the way forward in the future will be through producing your own players through the youth set ups to produce sell on wealth for the club & players for the first team to help finances in the future progress of both clubs.

It’s a dodo that, chances of selling a player on is so slim. The youth set ups are so weighted toward prem clubs, we used to be a producing-cub and the changes to that are part of the reason we ended up in turmoil. Any player left over not in the claws of a prem club can be taken for a nominal fee if they show any promise at all.

DevonExile
DevonExile
30 May, 2020 08:19
It is really difficult but not impossible,as Exeter City has shown by its transfer income in recent years

Bored rover
Bored rover
30 May, 2020 13:48
Quote:
DevonExile
It is really difficult but not impossible,as Exeter City has shown by its transfer income in recent years

It can happen but it’s not a business model, bit of an anomaly down in that corner though as-well aren’t you, fewer clubs accessible to kids I guess without a decent drive, Exeter, Plymouth, Yeovil. Round here Liverpool, Everton, Wrexham, Chester plus the Manchester Clubs.

And to be fair we had employed their youth coach and when MP arrived he binned him.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net