Latest news:

Ian Muir
Discussion started by George72 (IP Logged), 28 May, 2020 20:15
George72
George72
28 May, 2020 20:15
As a massive Ian Muir Fan in my opinion only Aldo has been superior in my time and i have been watching 42 years , I think it would be lovely if we could start the next pre season with a testimonial that is long over due for Muiry in what he has done for our club and we could open the lounge that day in his name. and the 2nd pre season for Ray Mathias think ray has had a testimonial but again As a club legend we could also make this into a special day what do people think. A double pre season for our heroes and legends.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 28/05/2020 20:16 by George72.

Bored rover
Bored rover
28 May, 2020 20:54
Muirs my favourite ever player

warren r
Wozza
28 May, 2020 21:11
Quote:
Bored rover
Muirs my favourite ever player
+1

jim rockford
jim rockford
28 May, 2020 22:46
Quote:
George72
As a massive Ian Muir Fan in my opinion only Aldo has been superior in my time and i have been watching 42 years , I think it would be lovely if we could start the next pre season with a testimonial that is long over due for Muiry in what he has done for our club and we could open the lounge that day in his name. and the 2nd pre season for Ray Mathias think ray has had a testimonial but again As a club legend we could also make this into a special day what do people think. A double pre season for our heroes and legends.
The problem is that testimonials are poorly attended nowadays unless you have a real big name opposition (who would bring a lot of support) it would probably be a small crowd(remember Goodys and Higgys poor attendaces at both) i am not saying that Muiry should not have been given a testimonial in the past i just think that bird has flown now.Also who knows when the next pre season with crowds allowed in will be could be August 2021.Just buy his book instead when it comes out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 28/05/2020 22:48 by jim rockford.

kennyspint
kennyspint
28 May, 2020 23:34
My first Tranmere goal Ian Muir vs Stockport 1989. Testimonial yes.

the kav
the kav
29 May, 2020 06:37
Quote:
kennyspint

Was that the free kick? Whens his book out please guys?

mogsy73
mogsy73
29 May, 2020 09:22
Totally agree with the sentiment, but if we used the Liverpool friendly for example, the club would lose out on a couple of hundred grand, which would be much needed after recent events. Maybe when things are back to normal and we're on firmer footing

gary anderson
gary anderson
29 May, 2020 10:22
Yes another great tranmere legend but my favourite was George Yardley a prolific goal scorer and was my boyhood hero .R.I.P George and thanks for some great memories

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT
31 May, 2020 11:41
Another two for a list of goal scorer's John Manning(White Eagle of PP the way he got his head on many a header) and his fellow striker Barry Dyson two good ones to have up front.

But Muiry and Aldo still up there at the top of all our scoring legends, also lets not forget Norwood for his efforts over our years in non league hell and our return to the Football League.

the kav
the kav
31 May, 2020 14:58
I quite likes greenacre. Jason price was a talent too

gloucester white
gloucester white
31 May, 2020 18:52
George Yardley was my favourite, but let's not forget John Clayton - only one season I think but what a finisher.

Marlow!'s foot
Marlow!'s foot
31 May, 2020 19:44
I remember Higgy's testimonial, the attendance was a little over 2000 if my addled brain recalls it right. Embarrassing.

kennyspint
kennyspint
31 May, 2020 22:40
Sorry not been paying attention. Yes free kick after a tackle that would be two straight reds now

Uptonrover
Uptonrover
01 June, 2020 08:23
Quote:
Marlow!'s foot
I remember Higgy's testimonial, the attendance was a little over 2000 if my addled brain recalls it right. Embarrassing.

I remember the weather that night was absolutely horrific rain

Marlow!'s foot
Marlow!'s foot
01 June, 2020 13:52
Jeez you're right it was stair rods. I felt sorry for Higgy,Tranmere through and through, he deserved better than that.

kennyspint
kennyspint
01 June, 2020 23:21
Quote:
the kav
Quote:
kennyspint

Was that the free kick? Whens his book out please guys?
Sorry not been paying attention. Yes free kick after a tackle that would probably be a red card now.. Curled into the top corner.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net