Latest news:

Worst Band seen live
Discussion started by Hampshire White (IP Logged), 25 March, 2020 12:49
Hampshire White
Hampshire White
25 March, 2020 12:49
A few to pick from here, but I'll kick off with the Pink Faries at the Liverpool Stadium. 1975ish Truly awful.

Marlow!'s foot
Marlow!'s foot
25 March, 2020 13:05
Tangerine Dream at Sheffield City Hall. A great cure for insomnia.

Uglybob
Uglybob
25 March, 2020 13:22
That is so , so hard to choose . In fairness i've been to over 1000 gigs and i can count on one hand the bad one's .
Meat Loaf at Donnington - So dreadful me and my mate couldn't be bothered standing to watch.
Robin Trower at Liverpool Empire - OK If you're a Hendrix freak , not for me .
Laura M'Vula at Liverpool Academy - Just plain awful .
Caribou at the Kazimier - Sound was dreadful.
Lastly , although I didn't walk out ( As I did the above ) , I did fall asleep at Barclay James Harvest at the Empire in the early 80's .

Hampshire White
Hampshire White
25 March, 2020 13:30
I could have added Man, Liverpool Empire 1976ish, and Frupp, Liverpool Stadium 1975ish

Uglybob
Uglybob
25 March, 2020 13:38
And I forgot about Jeff Beck at the Summer Pops . Just a cacophony of noise coming from the stage , just a case of ' Look what I can do ' . Crap , so we walked out ( with quite a few more ).

Beamish Screamer
Beamish Screamer
25 March, 2020 15:10
Tangerine Dream played behind a dropped curtain if I remember correctly. Concert very forgettable though.

spralos baldini
spralos baldini
25 March, 2020 15:34
I got tickets to see the Ordinary Boys at the Carling Academy (o2 Academy) around 2004. I liked their first album but the second was average. A lot of their songs on the albums has trumpets in them but, I quote “we don’t have a trumpet player tonight because we couldn’t afford one!” Sounded awful and shortly after the gig matey boy stormed off ‘Never Mind the Buzzcocks’ because they made a joke about his girlfriend. 😂😂😂

TimmySoft
TimmySoft
25 March, 2020 15:35
I’ve seen many terrible bands, I’ve toured with a lot of them and had to witness the shitness every night for weeks on end!

I think the absolute worst we ever played with was probably Toyah Wilcox, she was pretty bad!

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
25 March, 2020 15:38
Joan Jett and the Blackhearts at the Empire sometime back in the 80s...Went with a mate, we weren't fans of hers but tickets were dirt cheap because they weren't selling well so we thought, why not, we had nothin' else to do.. lol...The Empire was barely a third full, she was just about ok, but her band were well naff...

Marlow!'s foot
Marlow!'s foot
25 March, 2020 15:48
Also Saxon at one of the Manchester venues. Went because my girlfriend said they were brilliant. They might have been if they'd turned the amps down a bit. My ears are still bleeding.🙉

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
25 March, 2020 15:53
" border="0" alt="" />

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
25 March, 2020 15:55
This lot might kill the CORONAVIRUS off...some death metal festival somewhere in the Czech Republic....UTTER SHITE, LOL..

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
25 March, 2020 16:02
" border="0" alt="" />

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
25 March, 2020 16:03
from the same festival, i think...its called extreme obscene..lol....complete and utter dog w*nk. lol..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/03/2020 16:05 by hong kong rover.

warren r
Wozza
25 March, 2020 16:32
Chemical bothers 94 ish just awful walked out of where I was sitting went to the bar till they finished they were supporting oasis

the kav
the kav
25 March, 2020 18:29
Red hot chili peppers. Looked like they couldn't be bothered just going through the motions. Stone Rose's on all 5 tines I've seen them.... just not a live band.

MESSAGES->author
Doogie'sGhost
26 March, 2020 08:35
I was once forced to watch The Kids from Fame live at Wembley Arena. Come on, no one is beating that...

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
26 March, 2020 16:37
Quote:
Doogie'sGhost
I was once forced to watch The Kids from Fame live at Wembley Arena. Come on, no one is beating that...

Hi Doogie, please tell me it was a female that dragged you along to Wembley to see that!...lol...

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
26 March, 2020 16:45
Saw the Robert Cray Band at the Hammersmith Odeon in the late 80s...A bit of a yawn fest to be quite honest...Not that they were musically inept, they were decent enough, but i dont go in for his syrupy, lovey sweet version of the Blues...For me, the Blues has to be lowdown, well strung and raunchy..

mill park white
mill park white
26 March, 2020 16:58
Quote:
Doogie'sGhost

I'll give it a go! Took a girl to see Shakin Stevens at Liverpool Empire. She was a big fan so I thought my chances afterwards would be good. Awful concert and didn't get past first base ☹

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
26 March, 2020 17:02
Quote:
mill park white
Quote:
Doogie'sGhost

I'll give it a go! Took a girl to see Shakin Stevens at Liverpool Empire. She was a big fan so I thought my chances afterwards would be good. Awful concert and didn't get past first base ☹

Nice one mpw, always worth the effort though! lol

TimmySoft
TimmySoft
26 March, 2020 17:22
Quote:
hong kong rover
Saw the Robert Cray Band at the Hammersmith Odeon in the late 80s...A bit of a yawn fest to be quite honest...Not that they were musically inept, they were decent enough, but i dont go in for his syrupy, lovey sweet version of the Blues...For me, the Blues has to be lowdown, well strung and raunchy..

Blues ain’t blues unless it’s dirty and rough. I hate all the executive blues rubbish that’s around now, it’s just privileged men going on about problems they’ll never have

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
26 March, 2020 17:28
Quote:
TimmySoft
Quote:
hong kong rover

Blues ain’t blues unless it’s dirty and rough. I hate all the executive blues rubbish that’s around now, it’s just privileged men going on about problems they’ll never have

+1

MESSAGES->author
Doogie'sGhost
26 March, 2020 18:24
Quote:
hong kong rover
Quote:
Doogie'sGhost

Hi Doogie, please tell me it was a female that dragged you along to Wembley to see that!...lol...
Kind of. My sister was a massive fan of the TV show and the whole family were made to go. I wanted to sit in the car but was forced to go in so I sulked through the whole thing like the typical early teenager I was.

cabletastic
cabletastic
26 March, 2020 19:45
Either The Quireboys in about 1990 or Voice of the Beehive at a fresher's gig at Uni. In both instances they epitomised the word 'disinterested'.

Dupak
Dupak
27 March, 2020 09:15
Quote:
Hampshire White
A few to pick from here, but I'll kick off with the Pink Faries at the Liverpool Stadium. 1975ish Truly awful.

Hampshire white. I'm a bit late on this, but I saw the Pink Fairies about 5 years earlier and they were the best band I'd ever seen at the time! They used to have 2 drummers who worked really well together and a guy called Paul Rudolph on guitar, who kept the band together. There was always a haze of smoke around them (the recreational type), they were always a bit spaced out, but were fantastic to watch. Unfortunately, over the years, there was quite a turnover of band members, including Rudolph and they went down to one drummer and were never the same again. I think they even sacked one of their players, as he was indulging a bit too much in the funny stuff, which must have been going some for those lot. It's a shame you never saw them in their prime.

windsorexile
windsorexile
27 March, 2020 16:08
New Order, Reading 93....huge letdown.

AndyMase
AndyMase
28 March, 2020 09:56
The piranhas at deeside ice rink, they were supporting the jam

Uglybob
Uglybob
28 March, 2020 10:05
Talking support acts , the Wife saw Sinead O'Connor supporting INXS at the Royal Court and said she was an absolute wailing bag of sh!te and decided the bar was a better option .

Hampshire White
Hampshire White
28 March, 2020 11:57
A wailing bag of sh@te... Sounds like the Ex Wife 😷

MESSAGES->author
Phil65
29 March, 2020 09:10
Not a band, but Chuck Berry in '92 at the Empire. Watching a man in his late 60's trying to do his duck walk, struggling to play the riffs on his guitar and botching the lyrics, was uncomfortable to say the least. It was like watching Ali lose to Leon Spinks combined with the humiliation with the Larry Holmes fight, well past his prime and should have bowed out sooner with his dignity intact.

GeordieRover
GeordieRover
29 March, 2020 16:14
Quote:
Dupak
Quote:
Hampshire White

Hampshire white. I'm a bit late on this, but I saw the Pink Fairies about 5 years earlier and they were the best band I'd ever seen at the time! They used to have 2 drummers who worked really well together and a guy called Paul Rudolph on guitar, who kept the band together. There was always a haze of smoke around them (the recreational type), they were always a bit spaced out, but were fantastic to watch. Unfortunately, over the years, there was quite a turnover of band members, including Rudolph and they went down to one drummer and were never the same again. I think they even sacked one of their players, as he was indulging a bit too much in the funny stuff, which must have been going some for those lot. It's a shame you never saw them in their prime.

They were due to play London Roundhouse about 10 years ago, but one of the band did his back in. Shame as I wasn't around in their prime (Uncle Harry's is still a favourite). Twink (original drummer who was also in Pretty Things) is still releasing stuff, and quite a lot of reissues of his Think Pink album. (Bandcamp)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net