Latest news:

National league, nls and nln
Discussion started by the kav (IP Logged), 24 March, 2020 16:14
the kav
the kav
24 March, 2020 16:14
All been declared over for this season. An announcement to follow regarding promotion and relegation. Not got a clue how they will work it out

gary anderson
gary anderson
24 March, 2020 16:27
I think you will find that all leagues in all countries will end up scrapping this season and all start again when there is a all clear across the world .seems the only way to go as this is not just a few week hold off this could go on till end if the year .but hey that's just my thoughts am sure many others will have other ideas how it will play out but in the end we will come through it and life will return to normal

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/03/2020 16:28 by gary anderson.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
24 March, 2020 16:28
Now that the 19/20 season is over in non league, various leagues are reporting that the FA will decide one of two options - void the entire season with no promotion or relegation, or use points per game (PPG) to determine promotion and relegation.

The implications of this decision might well give us an insight into what'll happen if the EFL season gets abandoned. PPG would send us down.

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT
24 March, 2020 16:47
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
Now that the 19/20 season is over in non league, various leagues are reporting that the FA will decide one of two options - void the entire season with no promotion or relegation, or use points per game (PPG) to determine promotion and relegation.
The implications of this decision might well give us an insight into what'll happen if the EFL season gets abandoned. PPG would send us down.

If they void the season Bolton would still have to have the 12pts deduction in the next season when that starts or would they appeal and argue that it's not their fault the season didn't finish so shouldn't have the 12 pts deduction a second time.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
24 March, 2020 17:21
If the EFL season is declared null and void with no promotion or relegation I'd expect the 12 point penalty to be applied to next season.

But we're in unchartered territory, to a degree not covered by existing regulations, so loopholes may emerge somewhere down the line that Bolton might be able to exploit if they wanted to.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
24 March, 2020 18:07
Looks like there's been some misreporting, or premature reporting at least....

The FA is to issue a statement on what's happening with the 19/20 non-league season. This statement is imminent (I guess today or tomorrow). In the meantime:

1) Several leagues at steps 5/6 in non-league are reporting that the FA has decided the season at those levels is now over. Sky are reporting the same thing.

2) The leagues at steps 3/4 in non-league are starting to announce that they want the season to be over at those levels. But it's the FA who decides.

3) The leagues at steps 1/2 (VNL and its north and south divisions) apparently still want to play the season to a finish. Again, it's up to the FA, not the league.

Clear as mud!

MESSAGES->author
Matt34
24 March, 2020 20:12
Deciding the season on points per game is unjust.

The two simple methods are extend the season or just void the season and start again next time.

If Tranmere are in league 1 next season due ot a voided season. ans then survive, I can see some people saying Tranmere were lucky because of a voided season, rather than say Tranmere had gotten some momentum in this season and might have survived if the season hadn't been jacked off.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Uptonrover
Uptonrover
24 March, 2020 21:46
Imagine if we do survive on a void league and somehow put a promotion push together. Imagine the fume!

Viking Tranmere
Crazylegs Cranebird
24 March, 2020 23:32
we just dust ourselves down and get on with next season in league 2. The irony is if we played Lincoln we probably would have beaten them on the form we were in and Wimbledon would have got a draw at best at Doncaster. That would have saved us on PPG.

No-one celebrates nothing. Liverpool - if awarded the Premiership - cant celebrate it. Nor Wimbledon, Rochdale or MK Dons avoiding relegation by default. Its a non-season and should be voided or finished next year.

Viking Tranmere
Crazylegs Cranebird
25 March, 2020 07:16
Actually what might save us is the issue of play-offs, i.e. the FA and football leagues decide only to promote those sides in the automatic spots PPG
They might just promote the top 3 PPG in League 2 (Swindon, Crewe and Plymouth) - the automatic promotion slots - and then only 2 go down from League 1. This might be fairer as Bolton and Southend are already well gone.
Just a hope.....

TRFC is #8 on Wirral's new Viking Trail
[www.facebook.com] 👊👊

Bored rover
Bored rover
25 March, 2020 07:44
The season will be voided which will mean it never existed no promotion or relegation I think

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
25 March, 2020 09:19
Quote:
Bored rover
The season will be voided which will mean it never existed no promotion or relegation I think

You're guessing of course. Or hoping!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/03/2020 09:31 by Aldo'smuzzy.

the baldy one
the baldy one
26 March, 2020 10:28
The latest news is that the non league season is not over and they are still waiting to carry on . i see barrow fc have jumped on the celtic fc bandwagon and said they should be called champions because they are top of the league. what garbage. harrogate town and notts county can still catch them. so barrow fc should keep quiet.

the kav
the kav
26 March, 2020 12:42
Papers hinting at void epl league however promotion for Barrow and harrogate and a 26 team l2 next season

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
26 March, 2020 13:10
Unfortunately there's all sorts of misreporting going on right now.

The problem is the VNL released a statement yesterday that was badly worded and led many (including the media) to mistakenly believe that they wanted the season to be terminated as of now, with Barrow and Harrogate being put forward for promotion.

The misunderstanding is emerging today. As one BBC sports reporter tweeted this morning: "National League may yet be played to a finish later this summer. Confusion over what 'season going to be closed' means. Some clubs thought season finished. Actually meant stopped in short-term but might re-open. Discussions with FA/EFL ongoing."

The VNL will want to be aligned with the EFL. The EFL will wear the trousers in that relationship! And whatever the VNL eventually decides it wants would have to be signed off by the FA for it to happen.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
26 March, 2020 15:33
A bit more info on this...

The FA has just announced that the 19/20 season below step 2 of non league football has been declared void. All records expunged and no promotion/relegation.

So points per game, which was the alternative proposition being considered to settle matters, has been kicked into touch. This surely bodes well for us if the EFL season ends up being voided.

(VNL situation is still as per my previous post).

gary anderson
gary anderson
26 March, 2020 16:43
I don't think they got much choice as can't see any sport being on again for at least another 3 months that puts us into July .so think best thing to do is just as been done in lower leagues just void the season it's good for some but bad for others but we all in the same boat across the world it is what it is and has to be ecepted

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net