Food for thought.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
23 March, 2020 16:05
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
Very candid interview here: [www.liverpoolecho.co.uk]
Food for thought.

thks for that Aldo...As Mr Palios says in the article, it sure has been a fragmented and tumultuous season so far...interesting to read about his comments and opinions about social media and forums...

hoping that this 'fragmented' season works in our favour, and when the season does resume we can claw our way to safety and league one footy next season, whenever that may be??? lol

MESSAGES->author
Doogie'sGhost
23 March, 2020 16:47
Got to agree that 'lost the dressing room' is one of the most useless and overused cliches in football. It means nothing.

Zint
Zint
23 March, 2020 18:54
This would be fine if the season were over and we were safe. We’re not.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34
23 March, 2020 20:38
If a manager loses the dressing room, it's either because the roof blew off, or he forgot where the coach was parked and the players and associated staff left without him (Sm7).

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

kennyspint
kennyspint
23 March, 2020 23:36
Brilliant Matt

mogsysmullet
mogsysmullet
25 March, 2020 15:42
The main thing Palios is saying here is MM is staying and even if we go down he'll still be here next season to have a crack at getting us back up. I was critical about Palios for not sacking Adams sooner but he showed he is ruthless when he sacked the current manager of the month in Brabin. this time Palios faith in sticking rather than twisting was being rewarded and genuinely we'd have gotten ourselves out of that mess and stayed up. We'd be out the relegation zone today had the season not ended. MM is Tranmere through and through Palios recognised that and I applaud Palios for not getting sucked into the social media frenzy where fans were spouting pure bile on twitter etc. MM never lost the dressing room and the results from Bristol onwards proved that!

MESSAGES->author
Matt34
25 March, 2020 21:06
Quote:
mogsysmullet
genuinely we'd have gotten ourselves out of that mess and stayed up.

The renewed form certainly hinted at it, but nothing was set in stone. All it would have taken was to lose one and AFC Wimledon to pick up a win and suddenly the gap was 6 points with a much more dreadful goal difference to begin with.

The team I think did get better latterly and hopefully the season will be voided, as regardless of some team lookin absolute certainties to drop or go up, it would seem the logical thing to do.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

mogsysmullet
mogsysmullet
26 March, 2020 08:49
Totally agree Matt. The league can't be bent to suit teams. I was reading on the BBC how the NL have applied for their seasons to be void. Barrow manager is naturally up in arms about it as I'm sure Liverpool and every side top of their respective leagues would be however 1 team in every league shouldn't dictate what happens to the other 20+ teams in that league. The premier league will survive but each week that passes teams are bleeding money. If they play games behind closed doors the EFL will lose a lot of money and the SWA are pivotal to getting results the players have said that. We all know football is nothing without fans and I'd rather see the season voided than follow it online because I'm locked out the stadium as its being played behind closed doors! I'm sure for every Liverpool and Barrow who want to Crack on the Stevenage's and Bolton's of this world are praying for a miracle in a void season! The biggest issue we face is the contracts of course players deals are up 30th June and then the loans who have turned our season around would be gone too as realistically the season won't be finished by 30th June 2020.

Zint
Zint
26 March, 2020 09:04
They are meeting today to decide if the Tennis Championships at Wimbledon goes ahead. That’s scheduled to start on 28th June. If, as is likely, the tournament is cancelled it seems highly likely that no sport will resume before that date.

Voiding the season seems to be the least worse of a series of unsatisfactory options. As I’ve mentioned elsewhere it’s entirely possible that the competition could continue beyond this date but there is the spectre of greedy agents waiting in the background. They will want their share of sign-on fees, transfer deals and the like.

I honestly hope I’m wrong, but greed is a huge motivator.

Loyden1
Loyden1
26 March, 2020 10:07
Yes zint u could be right. There are probably a lot of money factors like bonuses for promotion etc and in the premier they get so much per position in league.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net