Latest news:

SIMPLE ROUTE TO SAFETY FOR TRFC!!!!!
Discussion started by Tranman (IP Logged), 26 February, 2020 11:23
Tranman
Tranman
26 February, 2020 11:23
To survive in League One we only need to win our game in hand, beat Wimbledon, and match them for the remaining games!!!! When expressed in this way it sounds easy, but nothing is ever easy for Tranmere.

Zint
Zint
26 February, 2020 11:59
I suspect 47 points will keep us up. That’s 7 wins.

We need to assume that we won’t get anything away at Posh, unless they have secured a play-off place. We’ve also got Doncaster away and Rotherham at home. Again, be tough to get more than draws from those games. The must wins for me are Lincoln, Oxford and MK Dons at home and Rochdale, Accrington, Wimbledon and Gillingham away.

If we concentrate on our points tally it will retain a focus.

jal jal
jal jal
26 February, 2020 12:31
Quote:
Zint
We need to assume that we won’t get anything away at Posh, unless they have secured a play-off place. We’ve also got Doncaster away and Rotherham at home. Again, be tough to get more than draws from those games. The must wins for me are Lincoln, Oxford and MK Dons at home and Rochdale, Accrington, Wimbledon and Gillingham away.

Hey come on Zint play the game how dare you say you want 3 pts of City grinning smiley

DevonExile
DevonExile
26 February, 2020 19:16
Seven wins is a massive ask when set against our performance thus far. We desperately need to put in sequence of results because our run is not easy.Last night could be the start of this and it makes Saturday all the more important. To have any chance we have to turn around our dire home form

Zint
Zint
26 February, 2020 19:51
I can’t see us getting anything out of Saturday, but hope I’m wrong. Fleetwood are a strong team, and we’re playing worse than we were when we played them a few months ago.

Kentexile
Kentexile
27 February, 2020 16:16
Quote:
Zint

We might not need 7 wins though.
We need to win 1 "in-hand" game and win at Wimbledon. If we achieve those two things, then we're 1 point ahead of Wimbledon and only have to match their points tally across the other 10 games to be safe.

Edit - sorry, just realised I've made exactly the same point as Tranman

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 27/02/2020 16:18 by Kentexile.

Tranman
Tranman
27 February, 2020 17:04
Quote:
Kentexile
Quote:
Zint

We might not need 7 wins though.
We need to win 1 "in-hand" game and win at Wimbledon. If we achieve those two things, then we're 1 point ahead of Wimbledon and only have to match their points tally across the other 10 games to be safe.

Edit - sorry, just realised I've made exactly the same point as Tranman

No problem. Let's hope it works out that way.

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT
27 February, 2020 18:13
Simple route to safety, simples just win the next twelve games.
Now comes the hard bit.

Viking Tranmere
Crazylegs Cranebird
28 February, 2020 10:56
Quote:
Zint
I can’t see us getting anything out of Saturday, but hope I’m wrong. Fleetwood are a strong team, and we’re playing worse than we were when we played them a few months ago.

Club needs to take the covers off and ensure the match gets posponed until near the end of the season when hopefully Fleetwood have nothing to play for or, better, they are guaranteed a play-off place and are resting players like Madden. That heavy pitch will be too much for Ellis.

Tranman
Tranman
28 February, 2020 11:46
Quote:
Crazylegs Cranebird
Quote:
Zint

Club needs to take the covers off and ensure the match gets posponed until near the end of the season when hopefully Fleetwood have nothing to play for or, better, they are guaranteed a play-off place and are resting players like Madden. That heavy pitch will be too much for Ellis.

You may get your way, the wind is due to peak in the mid to upper fifties during the game!

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Viking Tranmere
Crazylegs Cranebird
28 February, 2020 17:28
Game off - fabulous 👊👊
Focus... 3 pts at Accrington.

TRFC is #8 on Wirral's new Viking Trail
[www.facebook.com] 👊👊

DevonExile
DevonExile
28 February, 2020 18:56
Of our remaining games Rochdale and Accrington are our best bet for maximum points but we were unable to defeat either at home. How much better things would look now if we had taken maximum points from these two games

gary anderson
gary anderson
29 February, 2020 06:39
The 4 point's we dropped against Southend and the way we just surrendered 3 points at the @#$%& filth Teflon wanderers .still that's history we always make it hard for ourself .

DevonExile
DevonExile
29 February, 2020 09:41
With March about to begin I think that our fate will be largely determined this month. With the fixtures beyond then we need to ahead of Wimbledon and Rochdale. That almost certainly means winning the six pointers. in the case of Rochdale it is a seven pointer as it is also an opportunity for our goal difference to go ahead of theirs. It would be the ultimate paradox come the end of the season if we ended up looking back at the two goals conceded in a rare victory as a factor in our relegation

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
29 February, 2020 09:50
If you're talking Rochdale as being a 7 pointer then the ultimate paradox would be if we looked back at the two very late goals we scored against them, in a defeat that set the doom-mongers off from the opening day, as a factor in our survival.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 29/02/2020 09:57 by Aldo'smuzzy.

DevonExile
DevonExile
29 February, 2020 17:19
The sad reality is that at this point I would far rather be in the position of Rochdale or Wimbledon but teams have survived from our position

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT
29 February, 2020 18:22
Quote:
DevonExile
The sad reality is that at this point I would far rather be in the position of Rochdale or Wimbledon but teams have survived from our position

Yes in their positions they only have to draw with us and they still remain ahead of us nevermind the seven or eight points that they already have.

So it looks like regroup time next season in League Two sadly.

Tranman
Tranman
01 March, 2020 10:49
Sod's law that Gillingham had to end their 15 game unbeaten run against Wimbledon!

Viking Tranmere
Crazylegs Cranebird
01 March, 2020 11:19
Its a shame Ellis could not have come back sooner, but he's here now, that also gives Davies more confidence. Shrewsbury's win yesterday shows just how good that win was on Tuesday.
Slowly slowly catchee monkee....
Next up: John Coleman's Accrington. Dangerous (particularly Charles & Bishop) - but beatable, especially as we are now - at last - in top gear. Come on, this is Accrington.
Sooner or later Rochdale or Wimbledon will slip up.

TRFC is #8 on Wirral's new Viking Trail
[www.facebook.com] 👊👊

Tranman
Tranman
01 March, 2020 12:42
Tranmere's fete will be decided in the five days between March 17 and March 21 when we play Rochdale and then Wimbledon. We must win at least one of them.

jonesy792
jonesy792
01 March, 2020 23:19
Far, far, far from simple. I assume you’re being sarcastic. Wimbledon , with the exception of the Oxford defeat, have had some very impressive results against teams near the top. Evidence of their bottle and resilience. I think they’ll be safe and can’t see us catching them. Rochdale have dipped yes but is that temporary form

Reality is we’ve left ourselves a route that is up a mountain that is perilously steep, caked in ice and we’re wearing slippers. Praying for a miracle

LongStandingFan
LongStandingFan
01 March, 2020 23:52
I think Rovers will do well to get 18 points from their last 12 games, and I think 44 points is the minimum needed this season to stay up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2020 23:41 by LongStandingFan.

bheadlad
bheadlad
02 March, 2020 02:34
We have beaten them at PP

jal jal
jal jal
02 March, 2020 16:17
Do you think playing on a better pitch enabled Rovers to win at Gillingham as to playing at the muddy PP.

FloodlitFridays
FloodlitFridays
02 March, 2020 17:30
Quote:
jal jal
Do you think playing on a better pitch enabled Rovers to win at Gillingham as to playing at the muddy PP.

Nah, I don't think so. Teams have come here and been very capable of playing decent stuff on it, i.e. Portsmouth and Doncaster, and the ball seems to run a bit better on it than you'd initially think. As much as I try to be positive, we can't use the pitch as an excuse in my book.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net