Latest news:

Shrewsbury (A) match discussion
Discussion started by Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged), 25 February, 2020 16:43
Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
25 February, 2020 16:43
Looks like the game goes ahead and looks like we're near enough at full strength.

Mate who has a ST at Shrews reckons we have half a chance - they've been struggling for results and many of their games have been low scoring.

We owe them one so, with blind faith, I'll go for a smash and grab 1-0 Rovers win.

Safe travels to the SWA.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
25 February, 2020 16:54
Our last outing at Shrewsbury, we lost 6-0, albeit in the Checkatrade….

the baldy one
the baldy one
25 February, 2020 17:37
What a joke tonights match is going to be. No one thinks about the travelling Tranmere rovers fans. The town centre is turned into a swimming pool because of the floods, shrewsbury train station has just closed because it is flooded and the match is still on. What a joke. At least if we are getting beat, the Tranmere fans could leave early and go for a late night dip in the town centre.

Muir the merrier
Muir the merrier
25 February, 2020 17:47
I admire your optimism for a 1-0 smash and grab Aldo'smuzzy but we're far too much at sixes and sevens (or in this case Severn) at the back for a clean sheet.

It's now or never......another defeat will surely end all survival hopes regardless of the maths.

gary anderson
gary anderson
25 February, 2020 18:54
I can't believe he is still picking drop the ball Scott .give luke.a chance Mellon god your so stuburn.the sooner you go the better.I hear there is a planned demo about Mellon Saturday with luck he be gone in the morning.and take Scott with you

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/02/2020 18:59 by gary anderson.

This is @#$%&
This is sh1t
25 February, 2020 19:20
Tonight we will win, the fight back starts today...

Bored rover
Bored rover
25 February, 2020 19:21
Surely this is off..... if not good luck to all fans who have attended from both sides, the shrews and rovers should but you all a Bovril and a pie. Hopefully Micky can do he business for you. I’m watching on ifollow in front of the log burner

jonesy792
jonesy792
25 February, 2020 19:35
Ellis in for Manny. Hmmm

jonesy792
jonesy792
25 February, 2020 19:55
Great start. Blackett Taylor has turned up, and Elois on the back post to score!

jal jal
jal jal
25 February, 2020 20:00
Rovers 2-0 up

They will be drug tested after the game [:wor kid:]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/02/2020 20:02 by jal jal.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
25 February, 2020 20:01
Blimey o reilly! we are 2 up...

Marlow!'s foot
Marlow!'s foot
25 February, 2020 20:05
Gooooaaaaaallll.......ssssssssssss!

The Big J
The Big J
25 February, 2020 20:07
DOUBLE HALLELUJAH

Bored rover
Bored rover
25 February, 2020 20:35
Look really good with Ellis and Clarke in their different side

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
25 February, 2020 20:35
half time 2 up...for god's sake Rovers don't blow this!

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
25 February, 2020 20:52
Hate to be that guy but it's five years almost to the day that we were cruising 2-0 at Pompey under Adams and spewed it in the last 15. Never recovered from that.

90 minutes tonight please boys. Pleeeeease!!

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
25 February, 2020 21:01
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
Hate to be that guy but it's five years almost to the day that we were cruising 2-0 at Pompey under Adams and spewed it in the last 15. Never recovered from that.

I was thinking exactly the same thing Aldo, lol...That Portsmouth game in 2015 really knocked the stuffing out of us... lets hope there is no repeat tonight!

jal jal
jal jal
25 February, 2020 21:01
Rovers 2-1

Bored rover
Bored rover
25 February, 2020 21:07
Why Perkins and Connor

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
25 February, 2020 21:07
Quote:
hong kong rover
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy

I was thinking exactly the same thing Aldo, lol...That Portsmouth game in 2015 really knocked the stuffing out of us... lets hope there is no repeat tonight!

Bloody hell 2-2...its happening Aldo!

jal jal
jal jal
25 February, 2020 21:08
Rovers Now 2-2

The Big J
The Big J
25 February, 2020 21:14
@#$%&!

Pitou
Pitou
25 February, 2020 21:15
same old Tranmere good in the 1st half , awful in the 2nd half . would love the hear the half time team talks

Bored rover
Bored rover
25 February, 2020 21:26
Irrelevant if the outcome we’ve been really good for the first time this season looked really dangerous going forwards created real chances

Bored rover
Bored rover
25 February, 2020 21:40
Yeeeaaaassssss

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
25 February, 2020 21:40
YESSSSSS 95TH MIN GET THE F*CK IN YOU BEAUTY!

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
25 February, 2020 21:42
YESSSSS GET IN!

Bored rover
Bored rover
25 February, 2020 21:43
Yeeeaagghh play like that every week and we’ll do it

MoanerLesser
AccountLogicallyDeleted
25 February, 2020 21:44
Crikey, what would the score have been if MM still had the support of his players.... Onward and upwards.

Uptonrover
Uptonrover
Woke the kids up shouting get in

jonesy792
jonesy792
Blackett Taylor outstanding tonight. Constant threat

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
25 February, 2020 21:45
Quote:
Bored rover

Hi mate, finally we have something to smile about...Get in there Rovers!

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
25 February, 2020 21:50
Quote:
hong kong rover
Quote:
hong kong rover
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy

No sweat HKR....
pffffffffff!! (Sm8)

Great winner, and captain fantastic with the assist.
We're on the roller coaster again!

Hampshire White
Hampshire White
25 February, 2020 21:52
"Yes" £5 at 14 to 1, Tranmere to win, both teams to score. 🍻🍻🍻

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69
25 February, 2020 21:52
Well done Rovers!!! Excellent through ball from Scotty for the winner.
Interesting comment on the commenary....Mellon and Jackson had problems with defending set pieces at Salop.

Jimsteel
Jimsteel
25 February, 2020 21:53
Mellon is God

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
25 February, 2020 21:54
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
Quote:
hong kong rover
Quote:
hong kong rover
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy

No sweat HKR....
pffffffffff!! (Sm8)

Great winner, and captain fantastic with the assist.
We're on the roller coaster again!

Happy days Aldo, lets go and beat Bartons lot on Saturday,, Max Power getting a last gasp equalizer for Sunderland tonight vs Fleetwood.

Bored rover
Bored rover
25 February, 2020 21:54
Quote:
hong kong rover
Quote:
Bored rover

Hi mate, finally we have something to smile about...Get in there Rovers!

Bout time! The difference Ellis and Clarke made, they looked confident going forwards probably as they had faith in what was behind them. Can’t believe that team has no win in 16 the character to go again would have been so easy to fold.

jal jal
jal jal
25 February, 2020 21:57
Also it probably shows what Rovers can do on a better pitch

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/02/2020 22:57 by jal jal.

Loyden1
Loyden1
25 February, 2020 22:38
Quote:
Hampshire White
"Yes" £5 at 14 to 1, Tranmere to win, both teams to score. 🍻🍻🍻
I only got 11.1 at least we had faith Hampshire .someone on here actually backed us to go down at 11.8 sad that even if it happens

Loyden1
Loyden1
25 February, 2020 22:40
[quote gary anderson]I can't believe he is still picking drop the ball Scott .give luke.a chance Mellon god your so stuburn.the sooner you go the better.I hear there is a planned demo about Mellon Saturday with luck he be gone in the morning.and take Scott with you[/quotedrop the ball and punt up for the winner tnite gary give him bit of credit]

Tranmere Tinker
Tranmere Tinker
25 February, 2020 22:40
That result means our destiny is back in our own hands, just need to string a couple of wins together over the next few games to get the confidence back in the side and give ourselves a fighting chance.

Zint
Zint
25 February, 2020 22:49
Delighted we won tonight, because winning means so much to all of us.

Hopefully we can build on this 👏👏👏

Summerlander
Summerlander
25 February, 2020 22:57
Isn't it amazing what one win will do for us. Suddenly we're thinking mid-table finish and let's extend our Mickey's contract. And didn't Scotty pull off some smashin' saves. Personally I am over the moon. Watched all but the last five minutes before hiding behind the sofa and now so relieved we actually won a game, and on the road too!! Thought Corey played really well and made himself readily available throughout the game. Sofa also comes in handy when we concede corners and free kicks.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34
25 February, 2020 23:02
Well a win is a win. I'm not pleased about them sacrificing a 2-0 lead and having to win at the death, but may Liverpool's never say die attitude to that West Ham game rubbed off. If Tranmere can and nay must build on this result then survivial is still on.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

MESSAGES->author
2 the moon
25 February, 2020 23:55
Goes without saying I'm made up with that. We weren't particularly good in the 1st half but took our chances (how often do we here that lately). Shrewsbury had a few chances but didn't look anything special.
After their equaliser we played really well. Perkins and Connor added a bit of energy and it stopped that 2nd Shrews goal knocking the stuffing out of us. I thought Connor made a big difference as he was very mobile and added more options.
What a finish aswell, great kick by Scott and Corey fortunately still had a bit left in the tank.

Oh, our corners and set pieces are still awful

MESSAGES->author
Phil65
26 February, 2020 00:03
Well, that looked like a team who played like it was a must win game and have the balls to stave off relegation. Pitch looked excellent and the first half performance was as good as we've played this season. CBT terrorised them and continued in that vein in the second half; what a run and finish from him and how the hell I didn't go ballistic in the home end, God only knows!
It seems picky to add any negativity, but our set pieces still need some work as we were wasteful in that respect. First goal for them was painful to watch with a free header from what looked about 4 yards out and you could sense the equaliser coming. However, we then showed some quality inter-play, something that's been lacking of late and regularly looked decent and with some threat. Deserved win in the end and fantastic celebrations from the SWA; so wish I could have been amongst them! We need to make this a turning point, as it feels like the last chance saloon if we don't. The fat lady's performance has been postponed for now. Enjoying the moment, but not getting too carried away, as we've been here before, but there's a chink of light at the end of the tunnel now. Well done to Mickey and the boys tonight and that's a 100% win record maintained when I've sat with my son in the home end at an away game!

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
26 February, 2020 04:38
" border="0" alt="" />

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
26 February, 2020 04:42
Superb from the SWA at the end, going ballistic, fans on the pitch, stewards trying to contain them and an iron railing/barrier going up in the air, lol....We deffo need a few more moments like this between now and seasons end!

gary anderson
gary anderson
26 February, 2020 06:07
Yes a very good 3 points on the road and at last we found d the bet .but a little worried we surenderd a 2 goal lead .a good clearance by Scott which set up the winner so all in all a decent night .but one swallow don't make a summer I still think mm should go and change in the cub is needed .but let's hope we can string a little run together and at least show some fight and if we are going down go down fighting

Bored rover
Bored rover
26 February, 2020 06:19
I’m not particularly bothered they squandered a 2-0 lead in fact winning in that way will give more confidence than a 2-0 with 2 first half goals, it shows that they have found some character and belief from somewhere, first time this season the be actually looked at us and thought we can survive.

gary anderson
gary anderson
26 February, 2020 06:42
Quote:
Bored rover
I’m not particularly bothered they squandered a 2-0 lead in fact winning in that way will giive more confidence than a 2-0 with 2 first half goals, it shows that they have found some character and belief from somewhere, first time this season the be actually looked at us and thought we can survive.
Well bored rover let's hope so if we can string a few results together who knows Saturday will show if we got it in us and last night was not just a one off .yes let's keep the faith and be the 12th man Saturday .a small light at end of what has been a very dark tunnel.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
26 February, 2020 07:03
Quote:
Phil65
Well, that looked like a team who played like it was a must win game and have the balls to stave off relegation. Pitch looked excellent and the first half performance was as good as we've played this season. CBT terrorised them and continued in that vein in the second half; what a run and finish from him and how the hell I didn't go ballistic in the home end, God only knows!
It seems picky to add any negativity, but our set pieces still need some work as we were wasteful in that respect. First goal for them was painful to watch with a free header from what looked about 4 yards out and you could sense the equaliser coming. However, we then showed some quality inter-play, something that's been lacking of late and regularly looked decent and with some threat. Deserved win in the end and fantastic celebrations from the SWA; so wish I could have been amongst them! We need to make this a turning point, as it feels like the last chance saloon if we don't. The fat lady's performance has been postponed for now. Enjoying the moment, but not getting too carried away, as we've been here before, but there's a chink of light at the end of the tunnel now. Well done to Mickey and the boys tonight and that's a 100% win record maintained when I've sat with my son in the home end at an away game!

Hi Phil, make it your top priority from now until end of season to sit with the home fans in any of the away games that you and your son go to..Try and get to them all mate and if the missus kicks up a fuss just ignore her..lol.

MESSAGES->author
Phil65
26 February, 2020 07:17
Lol HKR, we'll also have to sit in the Cowshed for the remaining home games! Bloody torture not celebrating that third goal though!!

rover87
rover87
26 February, 2020 07:55
Seen from Twitter :

Mark Ellis tonight:
90 Minutes completed (huge)
1 Goal
9 Clearances
2 Blocked shots
3 Interceptions
2/2 Ground duels won
6/6 Aerial duels won
2 Fouls won
1/1 Dribble completed

Fantastic performance and im delighted for the fella after so long out

The Big J
The Big J
26 February, 2020 09:01
smileys with beer

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades
26 February, 2020 09:06
Ellis was one of our star performers last season, until the injury against FGR.

Pleased for him always gives 100%

This will give Manny something to think about, his performances have become very sloppy recently giving the ball away far too much and not his dominating self.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 26/02/2020 09:07 by Jack of all Trades.

borowhite
borowhite
26 February, 2020 09:50
Quote:
Tranmere69
Well done Rovers!!! Excellent through ball from Scotty for the winner.
Interesting comment on the commenary....Mellon and Jackson had problems with defending set pieces at Salop.

It was indeed interesting that commentary discussion, they were a knowledgeable duo who genuinely loved their club and I felt were not overly biased. What got me listening was their total surprise that our squad mimicked the squad he assembled for L1 at Shrewsbury - namely lacking in pace in most areas of the pitch, as well as the aforementioned set piece problem. If it hadn't worked back then why would you put forward the same strategy again was the underlying impression I got listening to them. Whatever happens, if he is still our manager, come the summer, he needs to learn that this recruitment policy will just not work at this level.

ADD
ADD
26 February, 2020 10:43
Well what a transformation! Unreal. Something has obviously been put in the tea..... so much more creative and so much more confidence even when they pegged us back to 2-2. Not sure what to attribute that to??
CBT was immense last night which annoys me even more the way he played on Saturday and was lazy as. Plenty of comments previously about him being a young player and I get that but that should only lead to inconsistency and not laziness. He was very lucky IMO to be picked for the game but fair play he was excellent last night. If he can play even close to that for the rest of the season that could make so much difference as we finally had an outlet.
Talking about excellent, for Ellis to come back after only 45 minutes game time and to play like that is truly inspirational. He and Clarke seemed to gel so much better together and from the off. Assuming they stay fit that will stand us in good stead for the rest of the fixtures. Wilson was also superb I felt and Rides apart from a couple of poor headers put in a shift and did not disappoint. Good play in midfield with Mc Cullough running his socks off again after such a long lay off and Woodyard excellent again whilst Perks and Jennings did the business when they came on. Davies for the first time in god knows how long actually going for a quick release and to devastating effect. Could he persuade himself to go for it for the rest of the season... I do so hope so.
Two negatives once again conceded from a set piece - Clarke beaten for the header but still our set piece delivery was poor. CBT eventually relieving himself from corner duties but Morris did not do much better. Needs to be better as we miss so many opportunities by not clearing the first man...
Can we stay up - I thought no chance before last night but the play was so different last night that I now am not 100% sure. Still unlikely, I suspect but maybe if we can finally find some consistency and avoid injuries to the key players... we need buckets of luck for sure but let's hope!!!

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT
26 February, 2020 10:43
It was good to see somebody(Ellis)at the backpost many times the ball ends up in that area and nobody to stick a leg out, but Ellis was in that very place to nick his goal last night just keep it up.

Prenton Pirate
Prenton Pirate
26 February, 2020 11:11
Would like to see Banks in on Saturday to improve the set prices. What I didn't understand was as all corners were going near post, why didn't someone go there? Overall much improved and showed character and fight. Morris excellent again and CBT showed what a nuisance he can be if we actually give him the ball, he had the right back tied in nots. Ellis outstanding, an old fashioned defender who puts everything on the line. Where has that team been since Watford?

misterecoli
misterecoli
26 February, 2020 11:14
Quote:
ADD
Can we stay up - I thought no chance before last night but the play was so different last night that I now am not 100% sure. Still unlikely, I suspect but maybe if we can finally find some consistency and avoid injuries to the key players... we need buckets of luck for sure but let's hope!!!

Such an important win, and if we can keep in touch and get into some form up to that run of Rochdale, then Wimbledon then MK Dons in March then we have a chance

Yiggo
Yiggsy
26 February, 2020 11:41
Quote:
ADD
Well what a transformation! Unreal. Something has obviously been put in the tea.....

Apparently, Alberto Salazar and the UK Athletics doctor seen hovering around at Solar Campus on Monday! smiling smiley

ADD
ADD
26 February, 2020 12:33
Quote:
Yiggsy
Quote:
ADD
Well what a transformation! Unreal. Something has obviously been put in the tea.....

Apparently, Alberto Salazar and the UK Athletics doctor seen hovering around at Solar Campus on Monday! smiling smiley
funny made me laugh..... that or a stay up bonus??

Prenton oldpup
Prenton oldpup
26 February, 2020 14:52
One swallow does not make a summer. Expectations are running a bit high now. Let's just enjoy the win for now and wait and see what the weekend brings. Tonight was a good start and I await Saturday's match now with renewed optimism.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net