Latest news:

O/T If Tyson Fury and Joshua fight in Saudi...
Discussion started by Yiggsy (IP Logged), 24 February, 2020 15:55
Yiggo
Yiggsy
24 February, 2020 15:55
.... I doubt Tyson's missus would be able to watch it ringside, if at all in the stadium.

I understand that the Saudi's figure that all those rippling muscles on show would send women into a frenzy of lust, or something like that!

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
24 February, 2020 16:01
If they were to fight, then i think Fury would destroy Joshua..Joshua is massively overrated and well overhyped..

Uptonrover
Uptonrover
24 February, 2020 16:03
Quote:
hong kong rover
If they were to fight, then i think Fury would destroy Joshua..Joshua is massively overrated and well overhyped..

+1,000,000

paulbyron
paulbyron
24 February, 2020 16:12
welcome back HKR, the way fury bullied wilder I wouldn't fancy Joshua at all

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
24 February, 2020 16:19
Fury's outclassed Wilder twice using two different styles. Phenomenal. Joshua will have a puncher's chance but Fury will surely work him out, and probably already has.

MESSAGES->author
Phil65
24 February, 2020 17:51
Hats off to Fury,a fighter who's grown on me as a man and as a fighter. Sadly, I think the heavyweight division lacks genuine quality, but then Ali set the bar real high for ability, showmanship and legendary status. I was a bit too young to appreciate him in his prime, but his achievements and style are mesmeric when watching original footage. I've got a number of boxing videos with black and white footage going back to Jack Johnson and including great footage of Jack Dempsey, Joe Louis and Sugar Ray Robinson to name but a few; great stuff.

Bored rover
Bored rover
24 February, 2020 21:07
Fury’s the best heavyweight probably since Tyson; he messed it up as we know but I think that will make him better in the long run. He totally destroyed Wilder who was an unbeaten HW world champ made him look like any other mortal human.

Uptonrover
Uptonrover
25 February, 2020 13:41
Been watching the itv series on him and his family. Seems a really nice guy, easy to put on for tv i know but seems genuine.

Bored rover
Bored rover
25 February, 2020 14:21
Apparently the ring walk tired him out, nothing to do with the massive 19 stone heavy weight repeatedly smashing him in the head then

MESSAGES->author
Elvis
08 March, 2020 14:37
Quote:
Phil65
Hats off to Fury,a fighter who's grown on me as a man and as a fighter. Sadly, I think the heavyweight division lacks genuine quality, but then Ali set the bar real high for ability, showmanship and legendary status. I was a bit too young to appreciate him in his prime, but his achievements and style are mesmeric when watching original footage. I've got a number of boxing videos with black and white footage going back to Jack Johnson and including great footage of Jack Dempsey, Joe Louis and Sugar Ray Robinson to name but a few; great stuff.

This.

mrGr33n13
mrGr33n13
08 March, 2020 21:03
love the new theories that wilder and joshua are basically bum hacks

wilder isnt near fury's level, thats a given now.

joshua is a genuine boxer though.

neither are bums or over hyped : they are just up against one of the great heavyweights.

AJ v Fury is a fight that has to happen for boxing to retain any credibility. it will match any fight in history in terms of expectation. AJ Wilder is something that we have to see.

those three should be round robin fighting each other until the next generation come through.

i dont think fury has many fights left in him. he's talking about two and done and i believe him. remarkable sportsman is fury and an inspirational figure.

although the division lacks depth; it doesn't lack intrigue, the last few years are crescendoing into something special. we just need the big fights to happen and it will go down as a great era imo.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net