Latest news:

Saturday’s game
Discussion started by Zint (IP Logged), 24 February, 2020 10:15
Zint
Zint
24 February, 2020 10:15
Given how much rain we have had, and the forecast for the rest of the week, it has to be a doubt.

If it goes ahead I reckon it will be Mellon’s last game in charge.

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT
24 February, 2020 11:02
Quote:
Zint
Given how much rain we have had, and the forecast for the rest of the week, it has to be a doubt.
If it goes ahead I reckon it will be Mellon’s last game in charge.

You may be right about the game but as for MM don't think he's going anywhere we've not got the money to sack him.

The only way is for him to fall on his sword(in the literal sense)and leave .

the baldy one
the baldy one
24 February, 2020 12:48
I was just wondering if as all the Tranmere fans are saying that the reason micky mellon will not be sacked is because the board would have to give him his contract money - But does any Tranmere fan have any idea how much compo micky would get. would it be thousands and thousands of pounds or higher than that.

MESSAGES->author
2 the moon
24 February, 2020 13:05
Quote:
the baldy one
I was just wondering if as all the Tranmere fans are saying that the reason micky mellon will not be sacked is because the board would have to give him his contract money - But does any Tranmere fan have any idea how much compo micky would get. would it be thousands and thousands of pounds or higher than that.
I reckon nobody has any idea what's in his contract. Everyone just presumes we have to pay the remainder

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/02/2020 13:06 by 2 the moon.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
24 February, 2020 14:31
I agree, nobody will be privy to the terms of his contract. That aside, if things do reach breaking point in the next few months I wouldn't be surprised if it's done by mutual consent.

On a side note, with MM under the most pressure of his time here, how typical that the football gods should give him back to back games against Shrewsbury and Fleetwood to try and turn it around!

Viking Tranmere
Crazylegs Cranebird
24 February, 2020 15:01
Quote:
the baldy one

Can't they just re-assign his job description (without altering his salary) to the Club's General Manager, leaving team affairs to someone new?

Marlow!'s foot
Marlow!'s foot
24 February, 2020 16:38
I think we would have been comfortably mid table if we could have retained the services of Norwood. With his pace he always gave an option to what was a, basically, negative midfield. Now that option has gone the negativity of our game has been exposed.

the kav
the kav
25 February, 2020 07:08
We cannot afford 5 years salary if we sack him

Uptonrover
Uptonrover
25 February, 2020 07:15
Contract is to may 2021 so not sure where 5 years comes from?

Rover 75
Rover 75
26 February, 2020 11:27
Good result at Shrewsbury, a win on Saturday and its all to play for. I like Mellon, not really a compelling reason for keeping him on, but I hope results go his way. I dont think anyone could doubt his passion for the club, and I hope he pulls through, and becomes a better manager for the experience.

Zint
Zint
26 February, 2020 11:52
Rain forecast from Friday lunchtime up until kick off on Saturday, sleet for most of Thursday.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net