Latest news:

Attendance
Discussion started by the kav (IP Logged), 12 February, 2020 13:02
the kav
the kav
12 February, 2020 13:02
Why do the club never announce it?

Bored rover
Bored rover
12 February, 2020 13:06
They do on Twitter 5026 last night

the kav
the kav
12 February, 2020 14:31
Cheers br

jim rockford
jim rockford
12 February, 2020 23:18
Quote:
Bored rover
They do on Twitter 5026 last night
That figure includes all season ticket holders and a lot didn't show on such a awful night it looked about 4000 to me never seen the Kop so empty.

kennyspint
kennyspint
12 February, 2020 23:24
The plus side of poor results is less queues to get in and less to get out sad smiley

MESSAGES->author
2 the moon
13 February, 2020 10:33
Quote:
jim rockford
Quote:
Bored rover
They do on Twitter 5026 last night
That figure includes all season ticket holders and a lot didn't show on such a awful night it looked about 4000 to me never seen the Kop so empty.
ahh, so it's season tickets + plus tickets sold, and cash on gate if anybody still does that.
Not bums on seats

Viking Tranmere
Crazylegs Cranebird
13 February, 2020 12:47
Quote:
2 the moon
Quote:
jim rockford
Quote:
Bored rover
They do on Twitter 5026 last night
That figure includes all season ticket holders and a lot didn't show on such a awful night it looked about 4000 to me never seen the Kop so empty.
ahh, so it's season tickets + plus tickets sold, and cash on gate if anybody still does that.
Not bums on seats

It has to be bums on seats. Otherwise how do they account for long distance season ticket holders whose tickets are valid for 75% of games. I would be accounted as 0.75 of a supporter per game - I dont see 5026.75 as the attendance for Tuesday night but 5026.

Health & safety rules as well.

Kentexile
Kentexile
13 February, 2020 12:52
I'm pretty sure it's bums on seats for us, not sales.
I say that because I recall a game last season where they announced ticket sales in the run-up to the game like they usually do (which does include ST holders), but the actual attendance came in afterwards as lower than the ticket sales figure they'd previously announced.

Viking Tranmere
Crazylegs Cranebird
13 February, 2020 12:58
Quote:
Kentexile
I'm pretty sure it's bums on seats for us, not sales.
I say that because I recall a game last season where they announced ticket sales in the run-up to the game like they usually do (which does include ST holders), but the actual attendance came in afterwards as lower than the ticket sales figure they'd previously announced.

The Tottenham game last season is case in point. A sell out and yet only 12000 of those who had tickets went through the turnstiles.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
13 February, 2020 13:11
Sorry, posted to wrong thread



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/02/2020 13:13 by Aldo'smuzzy.

Bored rover
Bored rover
13 February, 2020 20:49
It is tickets sold, not butts on plastic, they count all ST holders in every gate

MESSAGES->author
2 the moon
13 February, 2020 21:16
I know some prem sides announce tickets sold. Old Trafford and the Emirates do.
Season ticket holders are tied into some cup games so they buy the ticket but don't go. 1000s in some cases

jim rockford
jim rockford
13 February, 2020 22:45
Quote:
Crazylegs Cranebird
Quote:
2 the moon
Quote:
jim rockford
Quote:
Bored rover
They do on Twitter 5026 last night
That figure includes all season ticket holders and a lot didn't show on such a awful night it looked about 4000 to me never seen the Kop so empty.
ahh, so it's season tickets + plus tickets sold, and cash on gate if anybody still does that.
Not bums on seats

It has to be bums on seats. Otherwise how do they account for long distance season ticket holders whose tickets are valid for 75% of games. I would be accounted as 0.75 of a supporter per game - I dont see 5026.75 as the attendance for Tuesday night but 5026.

Health & safety rules as well.
So why do they always include ALL season tickets in the pre sales numbers( that includes long distance season ticket holders) but don't in the official attendance the figure on Tuesday night included all season tickets if they went or not and a lot stayed away on Tuesday for obvious reasons. Also don't know what Health and Safety has to do with it but i have been going to PP for a very long time and i have a good idea of crowd sizes and i repeat the crowd on Tuesday was nothing like 5026.


Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/02/2020 22:47 by jim rockford.

the baldy one
the baldy one
14 February, 2020 09:01
Hi - Lads - I was wondering if anyone can tell me what the official capacity is of prenton park. I know in all the official club records it says 16,400 but when we played Tottenham hotspur last year it was classed as a sell out and the crowd was 12000 and when we played Manchester united again it was classed as a sell out but the crowd was only 13700.

Marlow!'s foot
Marlow!'s foot
14 February, 2020 09:26
It's irritating checking the paper next day to find the attendance with no joy. Every other match has the figures, why not us?

MESSAGES->author
2 the moon
14 February, 2020 12:11
Quote:
the baldy one
Hi - Lads - I was wondering if anyone can tell me what the official capacity is of prenton park. I know in all the official club records it says 16,400 but when we played Tottenham hotspur last year it was classed as a sell out and the crowd was 12000 and when we played Manchester united again it was classed as a sell out but the crowd was only 13700.
as of the Spurs game we had 15,573 seats in the stadium.
I think this has now been further reduced due to the TV gantry in the JK stand.
I'm sure it's currently 14,800

Viking Tranmere
Crazylegs Cranebird
14 February, 2020 17:35
Quote:
Bored rover
It is tickets sold, not butts on plastic, they count all ST holders in every gate

including my Long Distance ST which would count as 0.75? Don't think so!

rossb07
rossb07
14 February, 2020 20:26
It doesn’t act as 0.75 and it is included.

Viking Tranmere
Crazylegs Cranebird
15 February, 2020 09:54
Quote:
rossb07
It doesn’t act as 0.75 and it is included.

It permits me to attend 17 out of 23 games, so its actually 0.73913043

I did not see 5026.73913043 given in the attendance figure for Tuesday nights game.

In reality I did not attend (watched on ifollow) so as I didnt click the turnstile my attendance was not registered.
This means the attendance registered is bums on seats.

rossb07
rossb07
15 February, 2020 10:51
You didn’t see that figure you’ve said because that isn’t what the official attendance was.

Ring the ticket office and find out for yourself.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
15 February, 2020 12:40
Long distance season tickets are sold for either 10 or 15 games, not 17.

Maybe 17 is the number of games you need to attend on a full season ticket before it pays for itself?

Either way the published attendance is tickets sold, not bums on seats. Though I don't know how they account for long distance STs in that.

MESSAGES->author
Phil65
15 February, 2020 13:12
Attendance figures are a matter for each individual club. There are some who calculate the figures via tickets sold (inclusive of ST holders), but this would also have to include pay-on-the-day footfall through the turnstiles for "accurate" figures ("accurate" clearly not a priority in this scenario). Their are other clubs who calculate the figures via bums on seats (or alternatively bodies through turnstiles). I'm not aware of Tranmere's policy on this, so I'm assuming that those who quote with certainty are. I'm not sure for the reason for wanting to publicise inaccurate attendance figures; conspiracists field day!
I'd prefer an honest and transparent reflection of the figures.

Muir the merrier
Muir the merrier
15 February, 2020 13:20
You really need to get to the bottom of this Phil.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
15 February, 2020 13:22
Pay on the day footfall is included in the figure for tickets sold.

Do Rovers still accept actual cash at the turnstiles?

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
15 February, 2020 13:32
Quote:
Muir the merrier
You really need to get to the bottom of this Phil.

Think this has been posted on here before but here's a piece on how and why they do it in the EPL: [www.bbc.co.uk]

Muir the merrier
Muir the merrier
16 February, 2020 15:07
Quote:

Muir the merrier
You really need to get to the 'bottom' of this Phil.


Think this has been posted on here before but here's a piece on how and why they do it in the EPL: [www.bbc.co.uk]

Aldo'smuzzy, I was just trying to add some humour to the debate when Phil65 quotes 'bums on seats'.

You're normally on the ball but this one's slipped past you.....a bit like Scottie !!

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
16 February, 2020 16:15
Ha ha, I see....cheeky! No ifs or butts about it.
(Sm49)

smiling smiley

Bored rover
Bored rover
16 February, 2020 19:46
Tickets sold makes you more attractive to sponsors, it boosts average attendance

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
17 February, 2020 13:23
Quote:
2 the moon
Quote:
the baldy one
Hi - Lads - I was wondering if anyone can tell me what the official capacity is of prenton park. I know in all the official club records it says 16,400 but when we played Tottenham hotspur last year it was classed as a sell out and the crowd was 12000 and when we played Manchester united again it was classed as a sell out but the crowd was only 13700.
as of the Spurs game we had 15,573 seats in the stadium.
I think this has now been further reduced due to the TV gantry in the JK stand.
I'm sure it's currently 14,800

I see the club has broken down the capacity in the home sections in the season ticket brochure:

Kop 5,500
Main stand 3,250
Beb paddock 650
Town paddock 1,150
JK 1,980

Giving a total of 12,530 for home fans. Plus 2,000 or so in the away end.


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net