Latest news:

The Oxton Mural
Discussion started by martyd12 (IP Logged), 19 January, 2020 22:16
martyd12
martyd12
19 January, 2020 22:16
This has caused considerable debate with some people hating it and others who think it is wonderful. I like it but can understand why there may be objections to it. Someone asked me how I would feel about it if the mural depicted the Everton or Liverpool crest and I said in those circumstances I would be very anti it and therefore I can understand why non Rovers and non lovers of football might object to it!

Have people seen it? What do they think of it? is the site appropriate? Should there have been appropriate consultation with local residents? This story divides people like Brexit did and the story is bound to run and run!

mrGr33n13
mrGr33n13
19 January, 2020 22:30
It beautiful.

And the response of the Oxton Facebook group has been glorious.

The battle rages on. One of our supporters jokingly threatened to paint the front door of one of the snobbier protesters blue and white. That's shithousery of the highest order. Like aldo holding up three fingers when scoring a hattrick in front of the away fans.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/01/2020 22:31 by mrGr33n13.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
19 January, 2020 22:36
It's all here! [www.thefootballnetwork.net]

Don't know how the club feels about becoming associated with something divisive, or whether all publicity is good publicity.

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT
20 January, 2020 10:15
I liked the way one objective quote in the Liverpool Echo who disliked it said that this is not right and shouldn't be there as no Pubs in the Oxton Village area show football on TV.

That person should try and get in the Queen's Arms on a match night especially when Liverpool is on in fact when any Premier game is you can't move sometimes.

Also I think the Shrew shows games but don't think the sound is as high not sure about The Talbot (Oxton Bar and Terrace)

prentonpete1
prentonpete1
20 January, 2020 12:45
Instead of moaning about a distraction mural we should all be talking about the team,now rumours abound irrespective what the manager has said about signings I have heard a forward and fullback will arrive before the deadline.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
20 January, 2020 12:55
Quote:
prentonpete1
Instead of moaning about a distraction mural we should all be talking about the team,now rumours abound irrespective what the manager has said about signings I have heard a forward and fullback will arrive before the deadline.

Plenty of other threads talking about the team. Start another if you like. Like the one where you'd heard another secret rumour which didn't come true.

MESSAGES->author
Phil65
20 January, 2020 17:43
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
Quote:
prentonpete1

Plenty of other threads talking about the team. Start another if you like. Like the one where you'd heard another secret rumour which didn't come true.

[www.youtube.com]

"It's all done in the best possible taste!"

MESSAGES->author
Elvis
20 January, 2020 19:06
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy

Don't know how the club feels about becoming associated with something divisive, or whether all publicity is good publicity.

Gordon Bennett! I hope the club likes it and MP makes the following statement in the Watford programme, "Any so-called supporters who think the mural is an eyesore will be banned from the club. This is a family club and there is no place for sanctimonious cretins at Tranmere. P.S I hope the Watford supporters have a safe journey home. "

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/01/2020 19:07 by Elvis.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
20 January, 2020 19:14
Quote:
Elvis
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy

Gordon Bennett! I hope the club likes it and MP makes the following statement in the Watford programme, "Any so-called supporters who think the mural is an eyesore will be banned from the club. This is a family club and there is no place for sanctimonious cretins at Tranmere. P.S I hope the Watford supporters have a safe journey home. "

Ever had your hopes dashed? Lol.

Enjoy the game.

Presume the palava over this eyesore has died down now?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net