Latest news:

Cricket
Discussion started by hong kong rover (IP Logged), 19 January, 2020 15:26
MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
19 January, 2020 15:26
Just watching the 3rd test S.Africa v England....England are absolutely ripping into the S.Africans, we made them follow on and amazingly Joe Root has taken 4 wckts, he has done really well.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
19 January, 2020 15:28
Cricket to watch, Snooker Masters final to watch and some Footy too, spoilt for choice!

This is @#$%&
This is sh1t
19 January, 2020 15:33
Hey HK rover,

Is there a local football team that you watch? Or not so interested / nothing close by so stick to what’s on tv ?

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
19 January, 2020 15:43
Quote:
This is @#$%&
Hey HK rover,
Is there a local football team that you watch? Or not so interested / nothing close by so stick to what’s on tv ?

Hi mate, I used to watch a few local games for the first few years that I came here but I don't bother now, the standard is atrocious... I saw Ian Muir play out here a couple of times, and got to speak to him, when he was over here for a short time at the end of his career, playing for a now defunct local HK club, Sing Tao SC....Every year I used to go to the Annual HK International Soccer Sevens Tournament, but I don't bother with that now...I never bother going over to the Chinese Mainland to watch any games, but I have been over there a few times in the past to see the odd game..

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
19 January, 2020 16:02
The Annual HK Sevens Soccer Tournament is quite a good weekend, quite a few of the major English and Scottish clubs send their Academy sides out here to compete in the tournament and I have seen the odd young player that has gone on to make it big time back in the UK.... I don't bother with it now, the tournament is played at the end of May, right after the European domestic leagues have finished and its so bloody hot n humid sitting there all day to watch it, I hate the humidity...have seen and met a few famous names from UK footy that have been over here for that tournament..Every summer a major English premier side or a big European club is over here for a big summer Exhibition match as part of their Summer Asian tour, but I have no interest in watching Man City and the likes just strolling around in the heat.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
19 January, 2020 16:15
Now! if Tranmere Rovers were ever to come over here, then I would crawl over broken glass through a burning inferno, risking every limb that I have in order to see them..

This is @#$%&
This is sh1t
19 January, 2020 16:27
Quote:
hong kong rover
Now! if Tranmere Rovers were ever to come over here, then I would crawl over broken glass through a burning inferno, risking every limb that I have in order to see them..

You never know - with the investment that we have had maybe a pre-season tour will be done in that part of the world !

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
27 January, 2020 14:56
England have just wrapped up a 3-1 series win down in S.Africa, well done!...I will be the first to admit that I was not hopeful about Englands chances before going out there, but they have proved me wrong...this S.African team is not particularly great and not as good as some of their former great test sides, but nevertheless its still a great series win for England.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net